Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Teyah

[Xrd] Millia Combo Discovery Thread

do you have a video of this?

sorry was on vacation. here's a video example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vze7nrOyngw

recently realized that you can juggle with secret garden from rose loop stuff so I've been working on a combo that goes like this: Rose Install disc > [TK badmoon]xN IAD j.S turbofall IABD turbofall secret garden~4828 2H j.D dj.D falling j.D land 6HS j.D IAD j.S j.HS etc

the timing is absurd, but definitely combo video material.

recently realized that you can juggle with secret garden from rose loop stuff so I've been working on a combo that goes like this: Rose Install disc > [TK badmoon]xN IAD j.S turbofall IABD turbofall secret garden~4828 2H j.D dj.D falling j.D land 6HS j.D IAD j.S j.HS etc

the timing is absurd, but definitely combo video material.

Sounds interesting. Mind if I steal that one if I ever finish my cmv? Credit shall be given.

Here's some stuff I came up with. Need a proper recording setup though :X https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iim-I6n55d0

that faust combo at the end is looking sick, but yeah if you can get the combo idea I listed above to work feel free to use it in whatever way man.

if you can get the combo idea I listed above to work feel free to use it in whatever way man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnAXdMRqk6M

This is as far as I can get. The timing isn't even that wild since Faust is actually so fat that the offscreen secret garden fully comboes on him by itself. I also tried it on Leo who should also be pretty fat but the 1st and 2nd hit of the orb don't combo by itself so you have to link a j.k inbetween which I managed to get once (it's seriously tight, possibly a 1f link, provided you timed and spaced the setup aka the 3 specials beforehand correctly :X), and even then you can't really do much more than a normal bnb ender so I'd say this is Faust exclusive.

The pushback and hitstun decay is so big that I don't think a full dustloop with a normal relaunch is possible.

I still really like how this turned out, thanks for the idea!

oh shit that looks real nice too.

I think the number of IA(B)D turbofalls you have to do is character specific for height adjustment with this secret garden juggle stuff. I had something working out on both Sol and Ky, but I'd have to spend a bit more time on it.

So probably not new to anybody, but midscreen dust combo worked against Chipp(didn't test on anybody else at all).

5D > j.D j.D j.D, j.D > late IADF j.S j.HS.
Results in corner knockdown with just about 150 damage.

Can result in only two hits of the final J.HS which lets you relaunch with Cl. S, I think I was following up with j. S j. D > IADF > j. S j. HS.

The final HS would only get 2 hits because there was lots of pushback after this, ended with 163 damage.

Overall doesn't seem practical because it feels like a 1framer to link that final J. D, even if it's universal it's still a pain to practice a really tight dust combo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnAXdMRqk6M

This is as far as I can get. The timing isn't even that wild since Faust is actually so fat that the offscreen secret garden fully comboes on him by itself. I also tried it on Leo who should also be pretty fat but the 1st and 2nd hit of the orb don't combo by itself so you have to link a j.k inbetween which I managed to get once (it's seriously tight, possibly a 1f link, provided you timed and spaced the setup aka the 3 specials beforehand correctly :X), and even then you can't really do much more than a normal bnb ender so I'd say this is Faust exclusive.

The pushback and hitstun decay is so big that I don't think a full dustloop with a normal relaunch is possible.

I still really like how this turned out, thanks for the idea!

that is swag af

So does 96 works the same ?

it should work the same. what ever input u use for IAD works here

Some 1.1 stuff:

1) 6H now floats on CH (both first and second hit).

6H(1) ch iad j.K-P-H

6H(1) ch iad late j.S, land c.5S j.K-D iad j.S-H

6H(2nd hit) ch 214K, 5K j.K-D iad j.K-P-H (char and range specific and corner only)

6H(2nd hit) ch, 214P (lol) for midscreen

2) Winger doesn't wall bounce anymore, instead it groundslides. It's a nerf to reversal winger but a buff to midcombo winger since you can extend afterwards in the corner, so it's good to tack on some extra unburstable damage. Also tension gain won't scale after overdrives. Not exceptionally useful but it's good to know.

Sample combo: disc oki 6K/2D (disc hits), dash winger (to get all hits), c.5S(1) 2H j.S-D iad j.S-H

3) More stagger time on 6P ch means that 6P(1) ch, roll, c.5S etc. is now a legit combo. You can also combo into throw if you want to :X

I actually think 1.1 winger is dope just for corner [j.HS pin winger] because it lets you run really interesting setups after due to the tumble state lasting forever.

So anyone got a universal list of what Throw --> 5K j.K IAD j.K j.P j.H works on? Elphelt, Axl, Sol, Faust, Pot, Slayer, Millia... Anyone else?

Also corner Throw --> 5S 236S j.K j.S j.D IAD j.S J.H i only know works on Sol and Millia so far..

I got a comprehensive list of throw combos at home, I'll post it later tonight.

Edit - also noticed a nice corner combo in recent vids, MI vs mi:

Corner low air dash j.S land S -> 236S, winger, land, 6H(1) -> j.214S, falling j.D, land, 2H -> j.S-D iadS-H

that throw 5K j.K IAD j.K list looks complete to me. pretty sure throw 5K j.K connects on bedman but he drops out of the IADF j.K after.

corner throw 5S 236S j.K etc also works on Potemkin and Axl

Ok, with the above and what Taylor added, all 5K -> j.K -> iad K-P/S-H combos are listed. I'd add that both axl and slayer can be hit with 5K j.K iad j.K-S-H, off which continuation is possible. There's also some interesting corner variations that hit quite a bit of the cast. Currently making a vid that showcases these among other things.

here are the useful ones:

vs sin midscreen: throw, 5K-JI -> SJC, sj.K -> IADC, sj.K-S-H.  Works on a few others.

vs bedman/slayer/faust in the corner: 5K -> SJC, sj.K -> 214S, falling sj.D, (pickup pin)2H -> JC, j.D -> IADC, dj.S-H(2) -> 214S, land, 214H.

vs bedman/slayer/faust in the corner: 5K -> SJC, sj.K -> 214S, falling sj.D, (pickup pin)2H -> JC, j.D -> IADC, dj.S-H(2) -> 214S, land, 214H.

wow, this is super sick.

oh, btw, that throw combo with sj.k -> pin works on a couple other characters. The full list:

bedman, slayer, faust, elphelt, axl, sol, millia, potemkin.

if it works on sin, i personally can't get it.

Can't get these throw combos down that you all speak of. You guys got a video of this I can reference?

This was known for a while, however no one really provided pointers for it so here they are:

corner only, faust specific dustloop

tandem top okizeme --> 214P/2D/2369P 6H delay j.S delay j.D delay dj j.D j.D land j.S j.D iadc j.S j.H

1. hit the 6H when Faust is at the apex of the wallbounce (his animation will change)

2. get as much delay as possible for before j.S and the first j.D. this airtime is required for faust to fall enough so that the third j.D is able to land.

if u get this down, you should have a feel for the conditions and height required to go into a dustloop so experiment with other confirms

I believe you can do another I'd loop but I could be wrong in the combo. 6h jsd jdd jdd jsd jsh may work or I'm thinking of the wrong combo.

I believe you can do another I'd loop but I could be wrong in the combo. 6h jsd jdd jdd jsd jsh may work or I'm thinking of the wrong combo.

do you have a video? where in it do u land?

do you have a video? where in it do u land?

yeah i was wrong i was thinking of another combo lol :(

i got confused but to add instead of doing that combo you can do

mixup 236h 6h jsd jdd jsd jdh

I was watching Nakamura playing against a Axl player (Yosuke), at the end of his corner combos he used pin and used 214S then disc oki.  I'm wondering why he was using 214S on Axl.  I know using pin at the end of corner combos is useful for meaty setups but why would he use 214S after pin.