Kazuki Slice

[Xrd] King Ky - Q&A/FAQ Thread

GGXrd_Header_Q&A_Thread.png

Information
  • Have a question regarding Ky in Xrd? Feel free to ask in this thread for an answer!
  • This first post will be updated with a FAQ section once more info is available to help prevent redundant questions.
  • Before asking a question, please see if you can find the answer in the below FAQ or on the Dustloop Xrd Ky Kiske Wiki.
Edited by Kazuki Slice

2p,2k,5k,6k (rarely),2s, and 6hs when they are too far out to punish your 6hs.

Alternate between these normals, avoid greed sever and stun dipper unless you have 50% meter to cancel it. And even when you do, still minimize their use when the opponent is blocking. Ky does well with stagger pressure and having opponents at the tip of his normals.

So things like 2p>2p>2k>2s/6hs. You want them to make a mistake that allows you to capitalize it, and if they don't go for the occasional grab.

Whats the benefit of YRC charged stunedge after 2D? More mixup opportunities? It seems like a special cancelled 2D into CSE will still hit on wakeup and force a block unless youre too close, allowing time to dash in and mix up.

Im new though so forgive me if this is an obvious answer :)

Given you have the necessary spacing/frame advantage, yes. Otherwise you'll have to spend meter.

Thanks guys.  So the general recommended pressure mixup after a 2D (assuming you have meter) would be CSE YRC, jump, then

late air dash j.S j.HS -> something

empty jump low combo starter or low tick into throw ?

What would be recommended after Stun..slide?  (cant believe I forgot the name).  I should be able to dash up and get a 6HS and pressure from there, but not sure if there are better options.

Is the CSE YRC also recommended after a SVT/HSVT knockdown?

I'm having issues understanding what I need to do to maintain pressure on my opponent, so just looking for some general gameplans.  Much appreciated!

Thanks guys. So the general recommended pressure mixup after a 2D (assuming you have meter) would be CSE YRC, jump, then

late air dash j.S j.HS -> something

empty jump low combo starter or low tick into throw ?

What would be recommended after Stun..slide? (cant believe I forgot the name). I should be able to dash up and get a 6HS and pressure from there, but not sure if there are better options.

Is the CSE YRC also recommended after a SVT/HSVT knockdown?

I'm having issues understanding what I need to do to maintain pressure on my opponent, so just looking for some general gameplans. Much appreciated!

I'm also just learning Ky but I'll try my best to help you out. Ky's best oki options are 6HS after slide knockdowns and CSE after 2D. The YRC allows him to go for a mixup.

To pressure your opponent good pokes for this are 2P, 2K/5K, 2S and c.S which gives you many options on block and is a damaging starter. Greed Sever and Dust should be used sparingly. 6K as well because you need to have the right spacing for it and condition your opponent to block in order to use it safely and get the most out of it when it's blocked.

If your goal is to maintain pressure you want to use 2P and 2K a lot due to the frames on block and their general speed. You should also end blockstrings with a small amount of space between you and your opponent to where they have to commit to something like a dash in if they want to pressure you.

Since Ky has a lot of range he is never really at a disadvantage for being spaced from his opponent unless they have a better neutral than him.

A good basic Ky blockstring I use is 2P > 2K > 2S. On hit I combo into 2D and on block I am spaced from my opponent so I have time to decide on what I want to do.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using. Tapatalk

I wanted to ask this but I wasn't sure if this was the right area.

At 1:12:34 here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuoWA9zlGCA Venom does his super and Ky does Ride the lighting at the same time. My question is does Ky's super have higher priority or is that a glitch?

Ride the Lightning is immune to projectiles in Xrd. It can go thru boss Ramelthal's entire beam super too. It's one of the better changes he got in Xrd.

6P isn't working?

As a fellow new comer, 6P isn't doing much for me in Xrd, it does fine against air attacks coming in from a horizontal angle, such as air-dash attacks or Sol's of the wall kick thing, but attacks from diagonally above or straight above just beat it out cleanly when I try to use it. 2HS works great for those though.

Pre-emptive j.S and even just reaction j.S has also done a lot of good for me, in the video thread I see some people using cl.S, I also want to look into j.K, and eh-Sama talks about nj.HS in his thread a bit, but 2HS is definitely what I've personally had success with.

Thanks! i'll give 2HS a shot. You can aircombo off it right?

EDIT:

Yes! it's working and i can air combo off it. What are the most damaging combo's in the air?

EDIT:

Yes! it's working and i can air combo off it. What are the most damaging combo's in the air?

[AA] 2HS > j.S > JC > j.S > j.HS > HSVT

I think this would be it.  Maybe replace HSVT with air RTL?

EDIT:

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/8345-xrd-king-ky-combosetup-listing-and-discussion/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=girylvkFT18

Honestly, I'm not trying to be mean, but learning how to look that kind of thing up yourself, and how to research or even experiment for yourself will help way more than me giving you the combo.

What is a good meaty to use on Slayer?  Just charged SE or 6HS basically?  If I do 6HS, is there a timing where it will catch him as he recovers from the backdash?  Basically if you assume Slayer is going to abuse wakeup backdash, what is the best way to put on pressure in a way that doesn't force me to go for hard reads?  Is there a good OS that would work here?

5K works too but in most cases yea all of them will recover and you'll be able to punish slayer or he'll be in the air which should be a free throw or AA if he BDC jumps

Having a hard time getting kys challenge 16 down. either I push away after cr.HS  or jp,HS misses completely.is there a certain timing during the cpu jump?

Update: never mind starting to get it now :p

On 8/16/2016 at 10:43 PM, Red Reaper said:

I was looking through the frame data in the wiki and saw that 6H is +15... is this accurate? Kuz that seems ridiculous, especially as a meaty.

It's true, 6HS is a great meaty to start pressure with.

Hello wanted to ask about a certain tech that involves using Big Stun Edge but taking a big (dash) step before doing it.

Its used after DP knock downs to get better frames. howww do u do it.

plus u can get more corner carry with that Dash into DP during greed sever combos

WHAT IS THE TECH

AGHHHHHHHHHHHH