Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RurouniLoneWolf

[Xrd] May Combo Thread

I tried it briefly on Venom, it seems like if you do the 2D close-range the H dolphin will connect, but otherwise not. So if you do point-blank X 2D H-dolphin it will work, but if you fo X X 2D or start it not point-blank he will tech.

Yeah it'd be super nice to get a list of which characters this happens to (and which characters need modifications for Ensenga knockdown). I'll contribute if I get the time.

3K will link off of a while landing air string, in occasions which 2K will whiff or 2D will be too slow.

Max range air dash, J.S, J.HS, Land, 3K

- vertical relaunches!

Light weights do 66~[3], HS, HS-VD...

Mid weights do 66, S, 2HS,delay HS-VD...

My big struggle at the moment is launching Ky. 2D, HS-HD whiffs 90% of the time. Also cannot combo 2K, 2D on him. Damn hit-reel animation. ... Dunno the answer yet. Working on it

HS-dolphins have more startup yes, but also more damage & much better scaling compared to S-dolphins. Prioritize to use them in your combos

Also, this combo:

5K > 2D > [4]6S > RC > AD j.K > j.HS > land > dash j.K > j.HS > j.D > djc > j.HS > j.D > j.41236HS

I'm having a damn hard time timing the jK jH land, so I've just been IADing over the character, landing, and doing cS after the RC (and then doing the air combo with jS). It seems to do nearly identical damage. Are there any characters doing the cS version would fail on due to weight? Can't test myself at the moment, and I've only done my variation ( 5K > 2D > [4]6S > RC > AD land c.S > land > jS > j.HS > j.D > djc > j.HS > j.D > j.41236HS) on Sol before.

To be honest, I only put that combo in the OP/wiki because it was in the basic combo vid from 4Gamer. May players usually don't chain 5K into anything but f.S or 2S because of the ranges its used at. You're usually not going to do a point blank 5K. Also, as someone else said, May players usually do AD j.S > j.H. j.K is usually reserved for when you're jumping back up into the air and the opponent is too high up to hit j.S.

Also, for the future, are the dolphin RC combos done on this slayer with the additional 2H [2]8H before the air combo universal, and if not who does it work on?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjvkC3k07IU&t=9s

Think I said this earlier but I don't see Mays use these 2H [2]8H combo routes in recent videos. It might be because it isn't universal or it might be because the regular air combo route has better corner carry. Either way, I'd focus on the regular route for now unless you need to do a side swap.

Nice conversion from Kedako. AA W/ HS-VD - 50 meter:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3LjOAeEtqw#t=54m28s

Keep noticing Kedako GET burst by empty air dashing on his BnB:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3LjOAeEtqw#t=57m16s

www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3LjOAeEtqw#t=1h0m0s

www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWJJ8xSIH9E#t=34m20s

Corner CH 2HS - 0 meter: Much more profitable compared to CH 5HS

I would have ended w/ RC, FULL 6HS, HS-HD, IAD, J.P, J.K, J.P, J.K, J,D, Ensenga?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3LjOAeEtqw#t=1h0m24s

Beachball Oki x 2K conversoin - 0 meter:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWJJ8xSIH9E#t=8m49s

Corner Air-Throw - 50 meter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWJJ8xSIH9E#t=20m44s

Not sure if this is right thread or has been said before but if anyone is having trouble with hoop dolphin >rc>stuff. You can double tap the button without the dolphin launching. Example: 41236K>RC can be inputted as 41236K >P(K)S/(K)SH> stuff

Finished a few handcam vids. Will upload tonight

Have the corner Ky stuff from Frank, the (2) midscreen throw variations & the HS-HD, RC Trajectory stuff

lastly, thinking the idea is to delay chain the J.D against light weighs to maintain the Ensenga? knockdown. will confirm.

Not sure if this is right thread or has been said before but if anyone is having trouble with hoop dolphin >rc>stuff. You can double tap the button without the dolphin launching. Example: 41236K>RC can be inputted as 41236K >P(K)S/(K)SH> stuff

I tried to do it this way when I was doing May's trials, but for some reason it messed with my head too much, so I went the lazy way and mapped a button to PKSH, which lets you RC any of the dolphins basically by just plinking the attack button and that button.

GG XRD May Dolphin Roma Ca Trajectory

www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQ2g9WcwZi4

GG XRD May vs Ky Dolphin route

www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdR34q5k2G0

GG XRD May vs Ky 63214S route

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rf0_U0I_1sk

GG XRD May Throw x RC BnB

/www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONuMu5BqKj4

GG XRD May Throw x RC BnB 2

www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fMS1blwbpk

2D > HSHD character specific distance testing: (Conclusion at bottom)
Bolded character names means the “furthest” away combo that works

Dashing + Closest possible 5K > 5S > 2S > 2D > HSHD
Works on: BE/PO
2D whiffs on: CH/EL/FA/KY/MA/MI/RA/SO/SL/VE/ZT

Doesn’t work on: Sin (OTG HSHD)
HSHD whiffs on: IN

Dashing + Closest possible 5K > cS > fS > 2D > HSHD
Works on: BE/MA
Doesn’t work on (2D whiff): CH/EL/IN/RA/SI/SL/VE/ZT
HSHD OTG: PO

Dashing + Closest possible 5KS > 2D > HSHD
Works on: AX/BE/CH/EL/FA/IN/MA/MI/PO/RA/SI/SO/SL/ZT
Doesn’t work on: KY/VE

Closest possible 5KS > 2D > HSHD
Works on: AX/BE/CH/EL/FA/IN/MA/MI/PO/RA/SI/SO/SL/ZT

Dashing + Closest possible 2KD > HSHD
Works on: KY/VE + Everyone else
Doesn’t work on: KY (In the corner)

j2H > 2D > HSHD

Works on: Everyone but KY/VE

Closest possible 5K > 2D > HSHD
Works on: KY/VE + Everyone else
Doesn’t work on: KY (In the corner)

Conclusion: Everyone but VE/KY you want to use Whatever into > 2D > HSHD on. On KY/VE you should probably use SHD because the range at which it works means you pretty much can't do anything but a close 2D into HSHD.

You can get 6 hits of the super before you use the P followup.

You can usually get more than 6, depends on the character and distance. I think on Sol I've gotten 8 before now.

Getting more hits decreases tech time & the final LINK 2HS, HS-VD would not connect... unless I was just being a drunk scrub... which is possible XD

Yeah but than you are not connecting the final link of 2HS, HS-HD.

Need to compare DMG

Yeah but than you are not connecting the final link of 2HS, HS-HD.

Need to compare DMG

Both do exactly 221 on Ky. It varies from the Sol version I did in that you still get 9 hits but it's 4 gap 5 rather than the other way around. My version has fewer places to burst but that means it has less to burst bait with 2h.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So how are people varying their combos against Elphelt? 

I find more often than not she pops up out of the top of the air stuff into ensenga. 

I didn't check the tension gain Kyle - but I assume that it'd be about the same in both. If anything more moves would probably give them more (naively). 

I'm actually kinda liking May in this game. At least until the Leo horde come along. He can full on just parry the crap out of literally everything we have that isn't OHK. Guess I will take this up in the gameplay thread...

Anyone find anything off Ensenga RC post air combo? Doesn't seem like it's worth the meter, as far as I can see, I was only getting 2D as a viable ender. Just to add that bit of extra damage to close a round if needed. 

Anyone find anything off Ensenga RC post air combo? Doesn't seem like it's worth the meter, as far as I can see, I was only getting 2D as a viable ender. Just to add that bit of extra damage to close a round if needed.

j.2h (whiff), 6h hoop. Because it's slightly better oki.

I generally don't bother though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk