Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RurouniLoneWolf

[Xrd] May Combo Thread

Idk if someone already posted this but this is a combo i learnd from watching a video of Ruu

2P>2K>2D>41236K>RC>[K]>2HS>[4]8S>release K>airdash>J.S>J.HS>land>J.HS>J,D>double jump>J.HS>J.41236HS. Another  J.D after the secon J.HS will wiff

Can anyone explain this to me?

My throw RC combo is 

Throw RC dash c.S JC j.S j.HS j.D DJC j.HS j.D xx hcf HS which does 155 on Faust, but the same combo does 131 on Sol, and they both have 1.00 defense modifier. 

EDIT: I just got 155 on Sol, not sure how it's occuring now. Might be different damage on different active frames on a certain jump normal, might be j.D 

Double EDIT : It's the c.S, seems like it does different damage and proration on diff active frames, these are the numbers starting with c.S.

14 + 12 + 13 + 11 + 11 + 8 + 7 + 4

18 + 16 + 17 + 14 + 14 + 11 + 9 + 5

Can anyone explain this to me?

My throw RC combo is 

Throw RC dash c.S JC j.S j.HS j.D DJC j.HS j.D xx hcf HS which does 155 on Faust, but the same combo does 131 on Sol, and they both have 1.00 defense modifier. 

EDIT: I just got 155 on Sol, not sure how it's occuring now. Might be different damage on different active frames on a certain jump normal, might be j.D 

Actually I just learned about this the other day.  If you do an RRC and then wait until the time slow ends before hitting the opponent, the rest of the combo does not receive the RC proration.  May's throw is one of those moves that floats long enough that you can wait out the time slowing, screen darkening effect and still hit them with the c.S afterward, so that should explain the difference in the damage you've observed.

Edit: Just to be sure, I went and checked and got those same numbers, the 131 when I hit before the time slow went away and the 155 if I waited on the c.S until after the time slow.

Ohhhhhh good eye, didn't notice that, I thought the 2nd dmg route was from me hitting c.S on the first active frame (ie really deep) but the screen darkening effect like you mentioned prob just ran out then.

Makes sense now, cheers.

I have a question, i don't really play this character , but Does 5s 2h 2d hshd rc land behind, 2h svd 5p (2p) (5s) SVD work lol it looks pretty funny 

when i attempt it in training mode but i cant get anything to link after the 2hs SVD , even though i'm delaying it lol

Wait never mind, all I have to do is use 2h HSVD then i can link 5p or instead, after 2h HSVD microdash 5S 2HS SVD hit. It looks funny as hell, but no knockdown hahaha... :kitty:

May in the corner (not too close to it) IK combo.

632146K>IK

Her Overhead Kiss can combo into her IK

The RC and IK has to be timed correctly

Here are a few combos I've been using.  They might not be the most optimal but they're pretty easy to execute.

OHK > Dash > 5S > 2H > K Hoop > j.P > j.D > djc > j.S > j.H > j.D > Ensenga

151 damage, 0 tension, works on everyone

OHK > 6[H] > H Vert Dolphin > RC > Land, dash forward a little, jump > j.S > j.H > j.D > jdc > j.H > j.D > Ensenga

195 damage, 50 tension, doesn't work on floaties or Pot.

Throw > RC > backdash > instant airdash > j.S > j.H > land > j.H  > j.D > djc > j.H > j.D > Ensenga

154 damage, 50 tension, works on everyone

I like your millia punish b/c it will be applicable post stun. running to gain meter then start w/ the close S. 

here are some OHK routes on Sol. Defense mod of x1.

41236K, LINK: First large portion is burst safe. same side knockdown, no cross under req'd. universal combo; DMG = 151

OHK, Early S, 2HS, 41236K, LINK J.p, J.D, J.S, J.HS, J.D, Ensenga?

S, J.S: not burst safe, same side knockdown, no cross under req'd. Easy & universal combo: DMG = 157

OHK, S, J.S, J.HS, J.D, J.HS. J.D, Ensenga?

HS-VD Upper route: Not burst safe, side switch knockdown, cross under req'd. Weight specific timing. DMG = 154

OHK, S, 2HS, HS-VD, S, 2HS, HS-VD

HS-VD Double Upper: Not burst safe, side switch twice, dbl corss under req'd. Sol? Specific timing. DMG = 170

OHK. S, 2HS, HS-VD, 2HS, HS-VD, S, HS-VD

I tested the routes w/ the opener of CH-2HS. The results are 191, 199, 195, 217. respectively.

Lastly, I learned today that post a J.S you can LINK J.K or J.P

MK does corner P-Hoop YRC OKI like this:

6K, ]P[, HS-HD, LINK IAD J.P, J.K, J.HS, Land 6HS, 41236P,

Because 6HS hits the opponent so high, May recovers from the hoop early enough to OKI with a running 2D (MEATY). This gives meterless damage/oki.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6uugDyN1wo#t=16m07s

I will compare this route vs the 6P, 2HS, HS-HD route I have been using shortly. 

I seem to time it automagically when I do it meaty to get

6k, 5p 2d

Without needing a hoop, consistently.

Does nobody else attempt this at all?

I attempt to do it at times, but I usually get 5K instead.

Nice how the execution is later in the throw animation. The Kedako OP version of RC~41236[K]~6[HS] is so fast I am usually not quick enough to successfully confirm a throw which I didn't plan for. Offensive throws I am A-OK, but when my opponent awkwardly lands next to me & I get a throw to punish their landing frames, my timing on the Kedako version is often late. 

Alternate combo route for corner super

www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTbeAV94MW0#t=44m38s

When you get a HS-HD corner stick & cannot combo

www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTbeAV94MW0#t=40m16s

Meaty 6K, 2P example:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTbeAV94MW0#t=42m35s

setup HOTNESS

www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTbeAV94MW0#t=40m57s

against Ky or Venom I am seeing JP combo route go like this:

blah blah, 2D, S-HD, RC, Air dash, Late J.HS, Land, J.S, J,HS, J.D, Ensenga? = 132 DMG

Overall it does less damage then the route I've been using. However, the "RC into  Air dash" sequence is burst safe.

Blah Blah F.S, S-HD, RC, Micro D^, J.HS, J.HS, J.S, J.HS, J.D, J.S, J.HS, J.D, Ensenga? = 141 DMG

I swear I've hit them both with

[derp] 2d [4]6s rc (66) j.h, iad.sh, 6h 41236s

Ok, it's not as much damage but the oki is bless.

Mid screen you still get a 'free' jump/late air dash in but the empty jump is basically sweep only. Maybe I imagined it 0.o.

I think the first Corner Combo [Mid Starters] c.S > 6HS > [4]6HS > IAD j.P > j.K > j.HS > 6HS should be c.S > 5HS > [4]6HS > IAD j.P > j.K > j.HS > 6HS.

Confirming combos seem to be my biggest challenge. I get no damage outside of dust, OHK, grab RC, 46 Dolphin RC etc. 

I wonder if combos based on oki would make then easier to follow, apply. 

What's most reliable off of j.HS counter-hit? The challenge suggests j.S, but j.P seems to work at more heights without dash jump for slightly less damage. 

Couldn't find anything regarding this (if there was anything in the subforum with this starter, I'm sorry), but midscreen if I land a 2D 41236P into 2K 2D, how can I extend this to more damage?

Also, what combos would you say are basic combos that new May players should have down? I currently am practicing my 41236P oki 6K combo, midscreen OHK combo, midscreen Throw RC combo and need to practice my corner throw RC combo and corner OHK combo. Anything else?