Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RurouniLoneWolf

[Xrd] May Combo Thread

I'm having a lot of trouble landing OHK.  I try to use it after a knockdown but I either whiff because I did it too soon or they can either mash or throw me.  OHK is supposed to be throw immune on frames 1-9 so I'm not sure how I constantly lose to throw with it.  Anyone have some advice?

I'm having a lot of trouble landing OHK.  I try to use it after a knockdown but I either whiff because I did it too soon or they can either mash or throw me.  OHK is supposed to be throw immune on frames 1-9 so I'm not sure how I constantly lose to throw with it.  Anyone have some advice?

I believe there is a decent amount of frames on wakeup where you have throw invul in most (all?) arcsys games so you might be getting mashed out due to that, as for getting thrown probably doing it too early so by the time they hit throw your OHK has already whiffed and gone past the 9 throw invul frames . 

Couldn't find anything regarding this (if there was anything in the subforum with this starter, I'm sorry), but midscreen if I land a 2D 41236P into 2K 2D, how can I extend this to more damage?

Also, what combos would you say are basic combos that new May players should have down? I currently am practicing my 41236P oki 6K combo, midscreen OHK combo, midscreen Throw RC combo and need to practice my corner throw RC combo and corner OHK combo. Anything else?

2D>S HD> ]P[> 66 jK>jK>6HS could work tho getting 2K>2D>S HS while holding hoop dolphin feels really strict so I omit the 2K part.  CH/RC dolphin snipe combos might add to the list as well as 5K confirms (i personally love that button) 

Also, what combos would you say are basic combos that new May players should have down? I currently am practicing my 41236P oki 6K combo, midscreen OHK combo, midscreen Throw RC combo and need to practice my corner throw RC combo and corner OHK combo. Anything else?

Anything into 2D>SHD>RC>airdash j.S>j.H, land, dash jump aircombo probably something you want to have ready at all times.

I find j.K>H>D>dj.H>D to be the most reliable way to pick up after CH j.H.

On 1/24/2015 at 4:38 PM, AOW_Yomabuddy said:

Couldn't find anything regarding this (if there was anything in the subforum with this starter, I'm sorry), but midscreen if I land a 2D 41236P into 2K 2D, how can I extend this to more damage?

See this: Kissi drops it, but you should get the idea.

I believe he does J,S, J,HS just because Millia is floaty,

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Snq_nnW2UdY#t=18m50s

So while practicing the P Applause For The Victim combo route, how are you guys doing it?

I've been going into 2k, like, straight up 2, down.

If I go for 3 to start charging, I get FD, anyone has a way around this, or do we just have to hit 2 and get better at charging? 

The combo doesn't feel impossible, I just kind of hate running in then hitting straight down.

Not sure about this combo but 6p ,stuff, 2hs into VHSD seems to hurt quite a bit. It seems that it is risky though. Am I wrong?

Not sure about this combo but 6p ,stuff, 2hs into VHSD seems to hurt quite a bit. It seems that it is risky though. Am I wrong?

6p 2h as a confirm is alright. On block you can do 2d, hoop, [2]8s etc etc. 

Outside the corner and more than just outside throw range you're asking for trouble though [if they FD your 2h can completely whiff which is absolutely glorious].

I treat it like its +r 6p 5h. 

6p 2h as a confirm is alright. On block you can do 2d, hoop, [2]8s etc etc. 

Outside the corner and more than just outside throw range you're asking for trouble though [if they FD your 2h can completely whiff which is absolutely glorious].

I treat it like its +r 6p 5h. 

Okay I was just working about this. Thanks for the answer.

Okay I was just working about this. Thanks for the answer.

Current favourite combo is

5h, ]p[ 6p 2h [2]8h, 63214s [about 8 hits]~p, (66) 5s 2h 41236p

It looks awesome and makes people cry.  

Midscreen hoop oki combo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcZN92YG2Mk

K hoop YRC 6[K] ]K[ AD j.K/j.S j.H 5S 2D > P hoop/ball or S-HD

K hoop YRC 1D S-HD ]K] AD j.SH > 6H P hoop or air combo

works in corner as well but less damage than P hoop combos. However, you do get to airdash cancel Dolphin Hop on block, which gives you extra pressure and frame trap.

Ky/Venom P hoop corner combo:
P hoop YRC 1D ]P[ HS-HD IAD j.PKH > 6H P hoop or j.KDDE

Anyone have any solid punish combos?

Is 6p 2hs stuff the goto punish combo, I've just been doing OHK into combo as a punish.

This depends where on screen you are, how much meter you have, who the opponent is [in terms of character] and what you're punishing tbh. A punish can range from 5s 5h 2d hoop to 200 damage meter used combos. 

Anyone else having trouble getting the 2k 3s 3d hsd into p dolphin combo to work on Elphet?

She just seems to fly away too fast when hit with the hsd to be caught by the p dolphin.

From what I've noticed Slash dolphin doesn't send anyone airborne, I guess I could go into airdash k>hs>close standing slash>crouching dust on her.

But this combo seems to work on pretty much everyone else, if I get the energy, I'll have the answer tonight, if not, Wednesday night.

wouldn't it be the 2D making them airborne and not the dolphin?No you're right, I was just doing something incorrectly. 

Hey can someone with better IAD timing than me can see if charged 6p close stand slash iad jk or iad jp works?

It feels like it does.

Hey can someone with better IAD timing than me can see if charged 6p close stand slash iad jk or iad jp works?

It feels like it does.

I don't think it's possible to IAD off of the close range 5S, I tried a few times to get it done, I could be wrong.

stun combo

(corner) 5D > 6 > 6P cS 6[P] 2H > HS-VD
(corner) 5D > 6 > 6P cS 6[P] cS 6H > P hoop (doesn't work on Millia, Ky, maybe more)

(corner) 5D > 6 > 6P cS 6P > Whale > dash 6P 2H HS-VD

I don't think it's possible to IAD off of the close range 5S, I tried a few times to get it done, I could be wrong.

Jump cancel later - I find it easier to get it that way. I only ever get blackbeats doing what's asked though - doesn't look possible to me.

stun combo

(corner) 5D > 6 > 6P cS 6[P] 2H > HS-VD

(corner) 5D > 6 > 6P cS 6[P] cS 6H > P hoop (doesn't work on Millia, Ky, maybe more)

(corner) 5D > 6 > 6P cS 6P > Whale > dash 6P 2H HS-VD

Stun on who? Under what conditions? Do you mean that they are just combos that have high stun values?

I'd like to, but streams are banned in the lab I work in. If it get's thrown on youtube, let me know. I'm definitely interested.