Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RurouniLoneWolf

[Xrd] May Combo Thread

My mistake. I meant the current version coming from what america previously had. I want to mess with her now.

Her bnbs didn't really change all that much - pretty much all the old ones still work. It's her oki that's a good bit different and some obscenely hard combos that now work that you'll never want to do anyway.

Thanks dude. I appreciate that. Whats different about her oki? There isnt much 1.1 footage to find from the forums. So ill just ask about that and start watching matches from the previous version. 

On 6/1/2015 at 5:57 AM, 0wneRz said:

Hi guys, thank you very much for all those combos !! 

Sorry to ask for that, but if anyone could post a video of this : (corner with fast landing on HS-HD RC)... > HS-HD RC > K hoop (hold) > 6HS max > P ball (realeasy hoop now) > (ball hits) > 6HS max > HS-VD > oki, i would be so happy, cuz this is the only combo i can't get =.=

The ennemy always recover just a few microsecs before my 6H hit and i don't know if my fast landing is not perfect enough or if i'm just too slow...

And i also get a lot of trouble using 2k in oki situation. I got a throw from the ennemy everytime i tried. Is it a timing or a distance problem ? Any tips ?

Many thanks 

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdfXHrWj2jU

re: oki 2K; on wakeup, the opponent has 2(?) frames of invulnerable Reversal allowing them to throw without being hit (overlapping with 10(?) frames of throw invulnerable, therefore no oki OHK). In return, a whiffed throw attempt comes out as 5H/6H for CH punish. Throws whiff against airborne attacks (e.g. :MA: 6K) and those out of throw range (e.g. :MA: far 2K). Different characters have different throw ranges.

Thanks for video and advices PhaethonH. So i guess my 2K oki trouble is about the distance, i will work on it tonight

Envoyé de mon RAINBOW 4G en utilisant Tapatalk

Dont forget throw OS.

Input priority when you push 2 buttons at once:

P > K > S > HS > D

That means if opponent mash 4P+HS, if you're too close, yoh got thrown. If out of throw range, 4P (=5P) comes out.

Work with 6P+HS too.

you can still do CH if you hit them during their 5P, but you cannot jump to make whiff a 5HS ans punish (since 5P comes out with this OS)

Work with 6P+HS too.

you can still do CH if you hit them during their 5P, but you cannot jump to make whiff a 5HS ans punish (since 5P comes out with this OS)

No, 6P comes out when you use that option select.

This is why every character has one, so you can't just mash jabs and get free throws when you're in range.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLVi__17QQAfbOHDBBM7-HyQet0WTrbD3h

A few example of more than 2 lame loops from OHK, possibly extendable? The first c.S should hit the opponent high but not too deep such that the opponent drop directly on top of May's hat (instead of too far behind) after the first HS-VD. It's quite tough to pull off.

No, 6P comes out when you use that option select.

This is why every character has one, so you can't just mash jabs and get free throws when you're in range.

Thats what i said. You can use 6P too.

Oh, my last sentence about 5P wasnt on the same topic as 6P. Forgot to put a line between them xD

Btw, pressing 4p+hs does NOT activate FD.

(Or update wiki ;))

On 6/11/2015 at 9:09 PM, Ice Cube said:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLVi__17QQAfbOHDBBM7-HyQet0WTrbD3h

A few example of more than 2 lame loops from OHK, possibly extendable? The first c.S should hit the opponent high but not too deep such that the opponent drop directly on top of May's hat (instead of too far behind) after the first HS-VD. It's quite tough to pull off.

Kedako gave a list of how many you get on who and how! It's somewhere way back on his Twitter timeline and I think somewhere in here.

I was playing around and found a really cool combo to do after a corner throw or a corner Ensenga.  It does about the same amount of damage as a combo without a hoop set, but it's just so cool!

http://youtu.be/nsuuhsGDqT8

K hoop set > 2D > [4]6H > IAD > j.[K] > j.H > Ensenga (one hit) > ]K[ > airdash > j.H > land > j.K > j.D djc > j.D > Ensenga

Yes that's right.  Two Ensengas.  One combo.

Does 211 on Ky (it does 201 in the video because I did it after a throw)

I can't seem to recreate it for the life of me but you can get lame loops from this:

OHK RC k-hoop, 6h [2]8h~]k[, j.d, land, run, 5s LAME

You get the full set of repetitions [4 vertical hs dolphins] as calculated by kedako (you have to drop a 5s on the second to last rep on some)!

You have to RC the ohk as May throws them but before she leaves the ground, i.e. ASAP but it leads to utterly ridiculous damage. Will try again tomorrow in the hope that I was just having a very bad day.

There are a bunch more ways into it too, I might try to patch them all together in a video.

I also must've missed the memo where full risc meant ohk, yamada, yamada. Now ohk does an extra hunk off their risc gauge and it doesn't work.

Just playing about with some stupidly easy combos and got some ridiculous damage

1. 5d6 combo

https://youtu.be/1AkzLzSUOz4

193 damage, ~40% tension gained, ensenga knockdown

0 meter required

2. corner punish combo

https://youtu.be/81I8ec4q1d4

257 damage, ~40% tension gained, ensenga knockdown

0 meter required

why does the second link take me to a facebook redirect before it lets me see the video?  :psyduck:

Updated the OP with a few of the corner combos mentioned in the last 2 pages. If I missed anything or if there's anything you absolutely want in the OP, let me know.

I hit training mode pretty hard last night. A few things to note:

- For Ball YRC, IAD stuff. You want to ball just as they are getting up and YRC as early as possible, such that the ball does come out. It's a VERY slight delay. IAD, 2 into J.HS, into whatever.

- Depending on which frame you RC during the Air Throw you have different trajectories! roughly mid way you can air throw, mid-RC, land, 66, S, 2HS, 41236K, ]K{, J.P, J.S, J.HS, Land, 66, j>k, J.D, Ensenga? This same combo does NOT work on OHK, even though it's the same hit count because of the proration value of OHK being higher. 

Anyone understand how to consistently do that RC where you fast fall after Horizontal HS Dolphin? Trying to figure it out as she seems to get MASSIVE damage off it, but not 100% sure how to do it and get it only sometimes and not sure why I get it . They explain it at 2:00 but I can't understand what it says.

Anyone understand how to consistently do that RC where you fast fall after Horizontal HS Dolphin? Trying to figure it out as she seems to get MASSIVE damage off it, but not 100% sure how to do it and get it only sometimes and not sure why I get it . They explain it at 2:00 but I can't understand what it says.

Can honestly say I've never used it since 1.10 because of the extended wallstick making life much easier. 

It says that [from 2min]:

HS dolphin next to the wall sets up an RC combo 

-- preliminary knowledge -- 

Your trajectory depends on the timing of the roman cancel 
Backward inertia - aka if May is moving backward in the animation then you go backward when you RC 
Vertical inertia - aka if May is not moving at all you pop straight up 
Forward inertia - if the dolphin has not done its squeezy duck thing when it hits yet then you go forward 

You can get these three different patterns by changing the timing of your roman cancel.

That's the entirety of your 'explanation' in the video. Watch it, you can see why she moves in each direction based on what the dolphin is doing.

In 1.10 you can get pretty much the same damage without an RC though, something like:
    5s 5h [4]6h, iad.kh, 2h [2]8h, (5s*) 2h [2]8h 
will net you something in the region of 270 on 1.0x damage characters.

Found a legitimate death combo on about 40% of the cast off a counter-hit 6P in the corner for 50% meter. Frame trap off of 5K (fastest timing) or 5S (slightly charged). A couple characters it will work off jabs but you have to out space their 2P or 5P mashing with your 5P, 2P, or 2K. Only can be done in the corner against Millia, Chipp, Elphelt, Axl, Bedman, Sol, and I-No. Haven't tested Sin because haven't unlocked him on this system yet. Works on Faust & Slayer but doesn't stun / kill them will with 1 more mixup though not to mention it deals a lot for little meter anyways.

Super Easy

6P CH -> 2HS -> Great Yamada -> cl. S -> 2HS -> delay v-HS Dolphin -> 2HS (everyone who can be stunned is stunned by this point) -> Whiff 2D to recover quicker->Activate IK Mode->IK

Video done on Elphelt counter-hit was caused by me mashing 2P after blocking the first hit.

You can confirm the counter on the 6P before pressing 2HS, if you don't see it 5S instead. If you go for a raw 6P you can auto-cancel into 2HS then just cancel into super on hit or H-S Dolphin on block. Useful especially against Chipp as you can easily get around his short ranged 2P forcing respect for the command grab mixup or forcing him to uppercut. Chip gets stunned at the whale so he can even be done mid-screen or off an anti-air 6P if you hit deep, however, if you aren't near the corner you won't get the IK. Any other hit though will kill him so just pick up a new combo on him.

Have OS Ball YRC mixups that beat all the DP's in the game into combo's if they try to DP so they have to respect the mixup. Some take some kinda tricky setups to maximize (Leo) but you can force respect for them. New to making video (this is my first one) will try to make a guide for them and how to get around all DP's and force respect.

Why doesn't it work on everyone that's not in [slayer, faust, leo, may, potemkin]?
They're the ones who have more than 60 stun defense. Everyone else has the same stun rating as Elphelt or worse. I am actually surprised that Elphelt (in particular) can't tech before the Yamada hits, she definitely does if the 5s hit and the 6p then doesn't CH so be careful.

If you want videos made feel free to PM me and I can record whatever you need and edit it into shape. 

Why doesn't it work on everyone that's not in [slayer, faust, leo, may, potemkin]?
They're the ones who have more than 60 stun defense. Everyone else has the same stun rating as Elphelt or worse. I am actually surprised that Elphelt (in particular) can't tech before the Yamada hits, she definitely does if the 5s hit and the 6p then doesn't CH so be careful.

If you want videos made feel free to PM me and I can record whatever you need and edit it into shape. 

Great Yamada whiffs when they are in the corner. TECHNICALLY if you are slightly outside of the corner it can work. If you spend 100% bar to RC Yamada you can do it quite a bit outside the corner, but not in the corner. I was imposing 50% meter requirement on myself since doing so with 100% meter is frankly child's play. Yeah you have to hit confirm on non-counterhit into a dolphin but 2 hits should be enough time to hit confirm. and a mildly charged 6P is not to bad on block from 5S so you can just hit confirm off that and only press a button afterward if you see the counter hit. Also could have dolphin followup to make you safe or keep the advantage. 

Would appreciate if you could test Sin for me and let me know. Still ironing out some stuff, but will PM you when I get some stuff ironed out for the Ball YRC stuff.