Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RurouniLoneWolf

[Xrd] May Combo Thread

Is this what you're talking about? This looks kind of impractical lol

http://www.twitch.tv/joniosan/b/638668988?t=21m8s

raw corner ([4]6H)x3 RC > dash forward 6[[H]] > ([4]6H)x2 RC > dash forward 6[[H]] > (4]6H and then they recover

some other things I wanted to write down because they looked cool:

Lemme know if there's anything I'm wrong about - not confident in my ability to play May but I think I'm generally ok at recognizing her moveset.

[collapse=Kisshi stuff]

Can do K Applause > OHK because of the way Applause works now, he also uses a horizontal dolphin to get onto an Applause dolphin instead of trying to hit both dolphins. Pretty cool. Can't tell which horizontal dolphin he uses, pretty sure it's S but it looks like H sometimes (like on Chipp). I also don't know if he's hitting the button again to release the Applause dolphin or waiting for the timeout to get on automatically.

on Pot:

K Applause > OHK > 6[H] > [4]6S press K? > airdash j.S j.H > microdash j.S dj j.S  j.H delay j.D > Ensenga

on Faust:

K Applause > OHK > 6[H] > [4]6S press K? > airdash late j.H rejump j.S j.H j.D > dj j.H j.D > Ensenga

on Chipp:

K Applause > OHK > 6[H] > [4]6H press K? > airdash late j.H microdash c.S > 2H > [2]8H > c.S jc j.D > dj j.S j.H j.D > Ensenga

This one looks insanely hard to do, he tried a few times on Pot and ended up switching his dummy to Faust. He landed it once before this timestamp but hit Ensenga too low:

c.S > 6P > S applause (release S right after summon?) RC IAD j.S (hold S after?) j.H land 6[H] > (late?) [4]6H release S? > airdash late j.H rejump j.S j.H j.D > Ensenga

[/collapse]

lemme look through it again, I might have ignored it because there were a bunch of black beat combos in there too.

I didn't look through the really long thing of matches because he's actually still streaming.

lemme look through it again, I might have ignored it because there were a bunch of black beat combos in there too.

I didn't look through the really long thing of matches because he's actually still streaming.

Kisshi difinitely hasn't able to do it completely, but i swear i saw 3 dolphin actually combo, and iad jP after 2 dolphin actually combo too. So i think it's highly possible

And regardless of the input, i think you need to do a run up H-HD to make the combo work. Saw him did it after a few failed tries and it actually worked quite well

On 3/19/2015 at 7:32 AM, ChexGuy said:

Kisshi stuff

Can do K Applause > OHK because of the way Applause works now, he also uses a horizontal dolphin to get onto an Applause dolphin instead of trying to hit both dolphins. Pretty cool. Can't tell which horizontal dolphin he uses, pretty sure it's S but it looks like H sometimes (like on Chipp). I also don't know if he's hitting the button again to release the Applause dolphin or waiting for the timeout to get on automatically.

on Pot:

K Applause > OHK > 6[H] > [4]6S press K? > airdash j.S j.H > microdash j.S dj j.S  j.H delay j.D > Ensenga

on Faust:

K Applause > OHK > 6[H] > [4]6S press K? > airdash late j.H rejump j.S j.H j.D > dj j.H j.D > Ensenga

on Chipp:

K Applause > OHK > 6[H] > [4]6H press K? > airdash late j.H microdash c.S > 2H > [2]8H > c.S jc j.D > dj j.S j.H j.D > Ensenga

This one looks insanely hard to do, he tried a few times on Pot and ended up switching his dummy to Faust. He landed it once before this timestamp but hit Ensenga too low:

c.S > 6P > S applause (release S right after summon?) RC IAD j.S (hold S after?) j.H land 6[H] > (late?) [4]6H release S? > airdash late j.H rejump j.S j.H j.D > Ensenga

How do you do OHK with out releasing the K dolphin hoop?

c.S > 6P > S applause RC IAD j.S j.H land 6[H] > (late?) [4]6H press S? > airdash late j.H rejump j.S j.H j.D > Ensenga

This one is wrong anyway. You would have to do:

c5s 6p 41236s rc iad.h, 6[h] [4]6h ]s[, dc.h, j.shd ensenga

otherwise the hoop would release when you let go of the first s after the hoop is out. Whether this means you have to rc with the three buttons that aren't your hoop idk. 

well, that should be easier to do now that you don't have to hold the button down for the summon to stay in place

you're not forgetting that it's 1.10 and you don't have to hold the hoop anymore, are you?

Nope, it gets released after the first press after the hoop is put in place. Which is at the iad.s. 

You deleted it before I managed to finish replying? 0.o

Guess you realised.

NP, even if you left it we're all family here!

Following on from AngryBlack's combo video do you all think we could expand our numbers if we blatantly stole Kensou and ShinSyn's Chipp tutorial and ran with it or is she really not high enough in the tier list to interest people [note: to hell with tier lists]?

In order to play May you have to be a dolphin enthusiast! You have to wake up with the dolphins spirit and dream about dolphins! Dolphins are your family! So it's ok for me if she's not in the top of the tier list because then she will be played by fake dolphins enthusiasts and that will be sad my friend :o

I dunno, I never played May before Xrd (too hard), and I play her now despite her not being top tier. So you're not really controlling that well for "fake dolphin enthusiasts". But I played Aquaman in Injustice, so I consider myself a fully qualified marine biologist as fighting games are concerned.

I don't think her tier placement is what scares people off the character. I just think there isn't a lot known about her since she isn't all over streams like top tier characters. I think more exposure through a well-made tutorial video could help clear the air on what's good and bad about her. Illustrate not just oki setups and dolphin loops, but how to poke and conduct a ground game with her weird normals that are frequently outmatched. Show people how to create a ground game with her in addition to BnBs, mixups, and setups.

But I played Aquaman in Injustice, so I consider myself a fully qualified marine biologist as fighting games are concerned.

Ahah you got me bro ;) your enthusiams in dolphins is recognized!

Yeah pls a video on ground control would be so cool (Even if looking at some good players game can do the job aswell ;)

I'm going to start posting a lot more material on here cuz I get so many message online on people asking me to teach them lol. I got a lot of tech just need to sit down and make vids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The main reason for May unpopularity to me is the summon requirements to do her more advanced stuff. Some people just figure they might as well play Zato if they're gonna learn finger gymnastics and probably end up with better results in the long run.

Good to see angryblack has been posting stuff as of late. I came up with a bunch of stuff as well and will be posting very soon. 2d hoop set yrc stuff. plus other things. 

If some people want to learn AngryBlack combos, here are the inputs :

Combo #1 (50 heat) : 5P > 5K > 2D > 41236[P] > f.d > 5K (oki) > 6K > ]P[ (hop on P dolphin) > d.c > j.S > j.H > 2H > 41236 > RRC > f.S > ]S[ > IAD > j.S > j.H > 2D

Combo #2 (50 heat) : 5H > 5P > c.S > 41236 > RRC > f.S > ]S[ > IAD > j.S > j.H > 2D 

Combo #3 (25 heat) : 5P > c.S > 2D > 214P > 41236 > YRC > f.d > 2D (oki) > ]S[ > 5K > IAD > j.S > j.H > ground > j.K > j.D > j.c > j.H > j.D > j.41236H

Combo #4 (50 heat) : 5K > c.S > 2D > 41236 > RRC > f.S > ]S[ > IAD > j.S > j.H > ground > j.K > j.D > j.c > j.H > j.D > j.41236H

Hope it's correct and if not, sorry at least i tried ahah

Thank you very much for sharing AngryBlack i'm going to work these the instant i'll get home !

EDIT : ChexGuy -> Thank you ! How did i miss that O.O !? (That combo was too good to be true anyway...)

If some people want to learn AngryBlack combos, here are the inputs :

Combo #1 (50 heat) : 5P > 5K > 2D > 41236[P] > f.d > 5K (oki) > 6K > ]P[ (hop on P dolphin) > d.c > j.S > j.H > 2H > 41236 > RRC > f.S > ]S[ > IAD > j.S > j.H > 2D

Combo #2 (50 heat) : 5H > 5P > c.S > 41236 > RRC > f.S > ]S[ > IAD > j.S > j.H > 2D

Combo #3 (25 heat) : 5P > c.S > 2D > 214P > 41236 > YRC > f.d > 2D (oki) > ]S[ > 5K > IAD > j.S > j.H > ground > j.K > j.D > j.c > j.H > j.D > j.41236H

Combo #4 (50 heat) : 5K > c.S > 2D > 41236 > RRC > f.S > ]S[ > IAD > j.S > j.H > ground > j.K > j.D > j.c > j.H > j.D > j.41236H

Hope it's correct and if not, sorry at least i tried ahah

Thank you very much for sharing AngryBlack i'm going to work these the instant i'll get home !

EDIT : ChexGuy -> Thank you ! How did i miss that O.O !? (That combo was too good to be true anyway...)