Magaki

[Xrd] Elphelt - Combo Thread "Shotgun Wedding !" (WIP)

Forgot to add the dash part yeah. Thanks for pointing it out. Also changed the notation to [CR]

As for the rest, I'm still not done transcribing and updating all the combos we have so far. Added (WIP) in the title to make it clear. I'll still tell you guys if I updated it by posting in the gameplay thread. Once I'll consider that I'll be done, I'll change (WIP) to (Updated XX/XX/XX).

Notes to myself to make sure I don't forget:
-Transcribe the CMVs.
-Add the combos posted so far in the forum.
-Add the combos I found (found slightly less damaging but much easier versions of shotgun loops).
-Test every combos on every characters to figure out what is character specific and what isn't.
-Add a character specific, okizeme, mixup and credits section.
-Taking care of the combo theory section.
-Changing a few notations and updating the combos that use them. Shotgun and berry combos to be more specific.
-Updating the rest of the frame data.
-Make a new matchup layout.
-Update the FAQ with more informations like how the shotgun loops work.
-Change the whole shotgun, rifle and pineberry section in the wiki.

Won't be able to do everything in one day but I'll at least try my best to do a bit everyday !

The combo stuff is all pretty basic and stuff we've already established (c.5S f.5S to confirm crouch/stand and then 2H 2D 214K for croucher and 2S 5H 214K for standing, RC 214K or 5Hx5 for bigger combos). The only interesting part is the 2H route, which is pretty much the grenade relaunch I posted earlier, except they do a longer air string which I didn't know was possible (they do SPSHD for the last part).

Oki stuff is pretty interesting, but again, it's just we've already seen from videos.

The corner combo stuff is pretty much what we've seen before, but they have a stable route I don't remember seeing: stuff into 214K RRC 2H(2) 236P dash c.5S jc j.S djc dj.K dj.S delay dj.H delay dj.4P 6H (grenade explosion) 236H SG.S SG.[H] 6H (236P)

I'm using SG to denote shotgun stance and [H] to denote the powered up shot. They didn't notate the 236P after 2H, but I'm assuming it's there 'cause that's the only time you can do it and have the cook timing match the explosion timing.

What is the suggested meterless route mid screen? For now all i've got is a simple combo into 2D > 236P > 236HS oki.

What is the suggested meterless route mid screen? For now all i've got is a simple combo into 2D > 236P > 236HS oki.

Standing- 5k c.5S f5S 5HHHH

or one 5H into Bridal express->pineberry

Crouching- 5k c.5S f.5S 2HS 2D 236P

-Transcribed all the CMVs so far.
-Added a character specifics section and compared a few air combos on every character. READ IT AND LEARN IT. It's important.

I'll edit most combos later as some of them aren't really practical (Some combos can't be hitconfirmed like fS>2H. Will simply add before that normals like cS or 5K to make them practicals. Same with fS>5H combos.)

Air combos from sweep on Faust is so good. Meterless 180 from a c.5S? Yes, please~

c.5S f.5S 2H 2D jc j.S j.P j.S djc dj.S dj.P dj.S dj.H dj.D 179 damage on crouchers from a 5f move. If a Faust tries to low profile something during your pressure and you catch them, it's damage city.

EDIT:

Similar combos works against ultimate scum hateful Milia, but she's smaller so you gotta do j.P j.P j.P j.S djc dj.K dj.S dj.D for 183. Harder to do anything on them standing 'cause no 2H to get in close before the sweep.

Similar works against Potemkin, air route just being j.P j.K j.S j.HS j.D (j.236P). 149 dmg.

j.P j.S j.P j.S djc j.S j.P j.S j.HS j.D (j.236P) also works for 154, but you don't get the knockdown.

So this video was posted yesterday and Koichi is continuously doing (combo) 2HS, 236P, cS, (some air combo), 4P (toss), land, (some jump attack), explosion, (continues air combo).  The quality isn't so good so I can't tell which moves are being used.  An example can be found at 27:08.  Has anyone else whipped up combos involving engaging and tossing the pineberry in the combo?

Yes ! There are right now 2 routes where we use pineberries in combos like you can see in the first post.

The one Koichi used in the corner is an easier and less damaging version of the corner 214K>RC>2H>236P juggle route. Here's the recommended corner combo with that route:

[50%] 2D>214K>RC>dash 2H>236P>cS>jS>djP>jK>>jS>jH>2P(toss)>6H>Berry explode>236H>SG-S>{SG-H>46H}x3>(236236D)>(236P)

It's not however the best one for 2 reasons:
-Going straight into Powered SG-H loop deals more damage and have better tension gain for the same oki.
-Berry juggles are all character specifics it seems and it was mentionned a few times already in the skype group. That's why I would recommend to go for shotgun loops instead which is quite stable.

We also have shotgun loops that also use Pineberry in combos. Here's the actual optimized combos off a SG-D starter:

SG-D>236P>SG-S>{Powered SG-H>46H}x2>2P(toss)>Berry explode>SG-S>{Powered SG-H>46H}x2>SG-S>236P>{SG-H>46H}x4>2P(toss) whiffs [221 dmg]

Very high damage meterless for a command grab. Corner only obviously. But you can do SG-D>214K RC if you're near the corner to do exactly the same combo with a bit less damage.

Finally, midscreen, we have the 214K>RC>2H>236P>cS route like you can see here:

[sT] [50%] fS>5H(x5)>RC>dash 2H>236P>cS>jS>jP>jS>jH>jD>5H>2P(toss)>6H>(236P) [153 dmg]
[sT] [50%] fS>5H(x5)>RC>dash 2H>236P>cS>jK>jS>jH>jD>5H>2P(toss)>6H>(236P) [157 dmg]

On crouching, you can go straight into fS>2H>2D>214K>RC instead for more damage.

I'll add Koichi's combo later when I'll be done taking care of a few things on the forum and the wiki.

Back to the corner, you can do 2H(2) 236P c.5S jc j.S djc dj.K dj.S delay dj.H delay dj.4P land j.K j.S djc dj.S dj.H dj.D. Exact normals depend on the character.

Shotgun combos do such ridiculous damage, though, that you should just go into them instead of air combos as soon as you hit the corner.

You can do 5k c.5s 2d j.k j.s j,p j.s dj.s dj.p dj.s dj.hs dj.d (j.236p) vs Potemkin

I can't seem to get this combo to work on Sol. 2D>214K>RRC>dashing 2H>236P>cS>jS>jP>jS>jHS>4P. jHS whiffs on sol while it hits most...

Berry midcombos are the most character specifics combos we have at the moment so I wouldn't suggest to learn that until I finish the character specifics section.

Anyway, against him, you want to always delay your 2H to hit him as low as possible. jH will hit fine if you do that.

If anyone is interested here are a couple combo areas that haven't been discussed.

1) 236 S > max fire > red RC > dash > c.S > j.S > j.P > J.S > jc > j.S > j.P > J.S > j.Hs > j>D (112 dmg)  (can be done full screen)

With more testing and different weights from different characters the timing is way tighter depending on who your doing it on. 

2)236 S > max Fire > reload > quick fire (50 dmg)

2) 236 P> 2P (has to hit on first bounce)> red RC > dash > 2P > 2k > c.S  >  HS > 236 K > berry explodes > c.S > J.S > j.P > J.S > jc > j.S > j.P > J.S > j.Hs > j>D(106 dmg)

i'm not the best combo maker out there so im sure these aren't optimized, but they are potential new areas. For instance, I often IAD backwards why loading a berry grenade. Then toss it out in some fashion before I land or right as I land. If you were to the land a rifle shot post grenade toss, then roman, the combo could deal way more damage because of the extra air time and damage from the berry explosion

Berry midcombos are the most character specifics combos we have at the moment so I wouldn't suggest to learn that until I finish the character specifics section.

Is there by any chance a mostly universal air-grenade combo that works on at least half the cast? Looking forward to that one if there is, because I just can't drill the specifics for every character, I don't have that much free time.

At the moment I'm actually just using the gun super since it's okay-ish damage but with a looooot easier execution, and your meter isn't limited as much as it is after RC.

EDIT: Trying to do the RC 2H pin cS jS djKS-delay-H grenade jS jSHD.

Having a really hard time getting the grenade to hit after the delayed H? Any tips on this?

Elphelt has a dustloop. Might not be an efficient use of meter though. Near Corner only.

50% meter single Rep Anti Air: c.S > JumpCancel> j.D > RedRC > AirDash > j.S >j.D > Land > c.S > JumpCancel > j.S > JumpCancel > j.S > J.D > 236K

159 Damage (vs Sol)

If you start this combo against an opponent really low to the ground, you can fit an extra j.S before the first j.D for an extra 10 damage (169)

100% meter two rep anti air: c.S > JumpCancel>  j.D > RedRC > AirDash > j.S > j.D > Land > c.S > JumpCancel > j.D > RedRC > AirDash > j.S > j.D > Land > c.S > JumpCancel > j.S > J.D > 236K

181 Damage (vs Sol)

(Probably not worth the meter unless the extra damage will finish your opponent)

50% meter two rep Air to AIr (j.D Start): j.D > RedRC > AirDash > j.S > j.D > Land > c.S > JumpCancel > j.S > Jump Cancel > j.S > j.D > 236K

149 Damage (vs Sol)

100% meter two rep Air to AIr (j.D Start): j.D > RedRC > AirDash > j.S > j.D > Land > c.S > JumpCancel > j.D > RedRC > AirDash > j.S > j.D > Land > c.S > JumpCancel > j.S > J.D > 236K

176 Damage (vs Sol)

You can also start it up with j.S, but your opponent has to be lower in air compared to j.D (by this I mean lower relative to you not neccessarily lower to the ground)

50% meter two rep Air to AIr (j.S Start): j.S > j.D > RedRC > AirDash > j.S > j.D > Land > c.S > JumpCancel > j.S > Jump Cancel > j.S > j.D > 236K

159 Damage (vs Sol)

100% meter two rep Air to AIr (j.S Start): J.S > j.D > RedRC > AirDash > j.S > j.D > Land > c.S > JumpCancel > j.D > RedRC > AirDash > j.S > j.D > Land > c.S > JumpCancel > j.S > J.D > 236K

181 Damage (vs Sol)

Edit:

I tested this dustloop out on other characters; all versions work on everyone (except maybe Sin and Leo White who I don’t have yet). The two-rep j.S starter version is significantly harder to finish on most characters.

Easy (normal weight and a large hit box): Slayer

Normal: Sol, Ky, I-no, Axl, Ramlethal

Light Weight Slightly hard (You have to wait a bit before popping them back up with c.S or else the following  j.D or j.S > j.H will whiff): May, Elphelt, Chipp

Lightweight extremely hard (Like other lightweights but harder due to being floatier and/or having a smaller hitbox): Millia

Weird hitbox slightly hard (Like with the lightweights, you need to wait a bit before popping him back up with c.S, otherwise j.D will whiff): Faust

Weird Hitbox extremely hard (Extremely hard to finish all two-rep combos due to a very vertically narrow hitbox): Venom

Heavyweight (Single rep versions are much harder to finish; there’s probably a longer variant that will work better on them): Bedman, Potemkin

Shotgun reload has to be done as fast as possible. It's exactly the same timing on whiff, block or hit. If you got troubles getting used to the timing, grind it out on whiff first then incorporate it in the combo.

Currently known way tensionless (in the corner):
-SG-D
-Powered SG-P/SG-S/SG-H
-Berry explosion

With tension:
-214K RC (Works near the corner too. Gotta do dash 236H>Powered SG-H.)
-5Hx5 RC (Gotta do dash 236H>Powered SG-H. Can be really tough depending on how far you are from the corner.)
-Rifle shot unblockable RC (Gotta do dash 236H>Powered SG-H.)

Some other ways that might be possible but didn't test yet. Might be character specific too:
-6H CH
-2H CH
-SG-S CH
-jD RC

Those are all things that I'll add next time I'll work on the combo thread. My priority right now is to finish my notes for the wiki and correct the mistakes written there.
For people who wonder, shotgun loops themselves aren't character specifics and provide between 20 and 40% more damage depending on the starter compared to RC into air combo/berry combo.

EDIT: All the possible ways work except SG-S. 2H CH only works if you cancel the first hit into 236H. That's because only the first is fully untechable.
With 2H(1) CH, you can walk forward a bit after canceling into 236H and go up to 6 walk powered shotgun loop making it our best punish by far. Unlike 6H CH, if the RISC gauge is quite high (which is quite easy for Elphelt), you can combo into it with something like cS CH>fS CH>2H(1) CH>236H>etc. If it's maxed, the next Powered SG-H will be a counter allowing for a total of 7 walk shotgun loop.

Will check next time I'll take care of the combo thread to see if it's character specific or the maximum damage possible. Might be able to get something like 80% or more with that.

More combos magaki, idk what you want to do with them.

midscreen:

S-D > 214k > S-HS > 236 S > fire (96 dmg)

S-S > 236 HS > c.S > f.S > HS > 214k > RC > dash > c.S > j.S > j.P > j.S > jc > j.S > j.P > j.S > j.HS > j.D

btw this combo carries them super far, like always in the corner, so im sure the air segment can be replaced with a shotgun loop. Will optimize and edit tonight.  

5D~6 and throw RC are also easy ways to get shotgun combos in the corner. The latter in particular can lead to a surprisingly high amount of damage for a throw combo.

So it turns out that air to air j.S > j.D or j.D can combo into c.S without a roman cancel early in combos (if you're at the right height).

In corner:

No meter) AirDash or Jump forward > j.S > j.D > Land > c.S > JumpCancel > j.S > JumpCancel > j.S > j.D > 236K

161 Damage (vs Sol)

50% meter) AirDash or Jump forward > j.S > j.D > Land > c.S > JumpCancel > j.D > RedRC > AirDash > j.S > j.D > Land > c.S > JumpCancel > j.S > JumpCancel > j.S > j.D > 236K

184 Damage (vs Sol)

Can somebody please give me some tips on getting the jS djKS-delay-jH pinberry combo to work? I'm finding that if you don't do S and let them tech neutral or back it allows an air grab from making mistakes so many times, but geez I'm having a REALLY hard time getting pinberry to hit after jH.

Is there any trick to it beyond delaying jH the maximum amount? Like do I have to time the jS into djK in any particular way as well?

Feels like I'm having way more trouble than I should, considering I got SG loops down decently and I thought by far that would be harder.