Magaki

[Xrd] Elphelt - Combo Thread "Shotgun Wedding !" (WIP)

Turns out you can totally go into unblockable from the last combo I posted, tested and working on Sol, Pot and May

D8>j.D>.jD>.jS>j.D>j.236P>falling j.S>j.HS>delayed j.D |>j.K>j.S>j.D>j.4P |>rj.D>j.236P>j.S>j.HS>Unblockable

Also you can do c.S>(f.S>)>5Hx5 after the last j.D of the previous combo for a bit of extra damage, also knocks down (like 6 more damage or something, not really worth when you can into unblockable or cook a grenade).

Lmao this character man, she's gonna get beaten so hard in the next patch :toot:

EDIT: Also works on Leo.

Turns out you can totally go into unblockable from the last combo I posted, tested and working on Sol, Pot and May

D8>j.D>.jD>.jS>j.D>j.236P>falling j.S>j.HS>delayed j.D |>j.K>j.S>j.D>j.4P |>rj.D>j.236P>j.S>j.HS>Unblockable

Also you can do c.S>(f.S>)>5Hx5 after the last j.D of the previous combo for a bit of extra damage, also knocks down (like 6 more damage or something, not really worth when you can into unblockable or cook a grenade).

Lmao this character man, she's gonna get beaten so hard in the next patch :toot:

She might end up fine.  ASW seems to balancing via dart board (see also: BlazBlue, P4A).

She might end up fine.  ASW seems to balancing via dart board (see also: BlazBlue, P4A).

Akihiko possibly losing 5B fatal says hi.

Does anyone have another corner combo that works off P/K starters?

Any standing or crouching combo listed should work off a P/K starter.

In the corner, you will generally do 2P>5K>(cS)>fS>standing or crouching route.

With 50 meter, you should either go for an unblockable loop setup (if you got a short grounded combo) or walk shotgun loops.

For the shotgun loop, do ...>fS>2H(2)>2D>214K RC>dash 236H>{(walk)>Powered SG-H>46H}x5>etc on crouching.

On standing, either go for fS>5Hx5 RC or fS>2S>5H>214K RC. Walk shotgun loops can be quite tricky with a 5Hx5 RC however so it's better to go for powered shotgun loops instead.

Check the okizeme section on the wiki for more informations concerning the unblockables.

Also, sorry for the lack of updates lately as I've been very busy. I will properly take care of the combo thread soon.

Here you go !

More informations for people who never heard of it before:
-Walk shotgun loop is generally the best way to maximize damage for corner combos and generally add something like 20% more damage.
-Try to keep the combo leading into the walk shotgun loop as short as possible. While it's true that pushback doesn't affect it, the hitstun decay is still a thing ! Go for standard shotgun loop instead if you think you will drop it.
-Shotgun loops are all universals. The walk shotgun loop got a character specific part however: The maximum amount of hits is generally {walk>Powered SG-H>46H}x6 but against thinner characters, it is 5. Just go for 5 if you want to be safe.

Magaki, the walk shotgun loop is basically powered SG-H>46H hold 6 for a fraction of a second, wait a bit, SG-H>46H? lol
btw, can you do all the UB loops after a throw>RC, or should I stick with SG-H loops?
Thanks!

Exactly.

After a throw RC in the corner (or near the corner), you can do throw RC>dash 2H>cS and go for unblockable loops yeah.

I have a dumb question. I have tried multiple times on my own, I broke down and now i decided to ask for help on this. For the shotgun loop in the corner I am having a tough time getting the dash to come out consistently after bridal express roman cancel. Is there a trick or timing anyone knows about or some nuance that can help me? Thank you 

I have a dumb question. I have tried multiple times on my own, I broke down and now i decided to ask for help on this. For the shotgun loop in the corner I am having a tough time getting the dash to come out consistently after bridal express roman cancel. Is there a trick or timing anyone knows about or some nuance that can help me? Thank you 

Get out of training room > get some rest > go into casual match > actually try to do SG loop > get smacked with chair from the back by salty opponent after he/she eat SG loop > Get back to training room > try to practice RC- dash - SG loop again  > got rekt again with that micro dash .... :vbang:

Excuse me if this is old news, but I'm obsessed with walking shotgun loops atm.

In corner SG-D > 236P > {POWERED SG-H > 46H} x3 > 2P toss > Berry Explodes> SG-S > {POWERED SG-H > 46H} x3 > SG-S > {SG-H >46H} x6 > 236P [241Dmg]

Got 6 shots at the end on Sol, 5x on chipp and millia. Decent damage off command throw w/o meter. That swag though!!

If u don't reload on the 3rd power shot before the berry toss, it's possible to run up c.s > unblockable setup (on sol at least). 6H > 214K > cl.S > air combo seems like a thing, but I don't really know my character specifics to vouch its legitimacy.

What do you guys think?

Nothing really. It's quite basic. Maybe you're doing the dash way too soon ?

Excuse me if this is old news, but I'm obsessed with walking shotgun loops atm.

In corner SG-D > 236P > {POWERED SG-H > 46H} x3 > 2P toss > Berry Explodes> SG-S > {POWERED SG-H > 46H} x3 > SG-S > {SG-H >46H} x6 > 236P [241Dmg]

Got 6 shots at the end on Sol, 5x on chipp and millia. Decent damage off command throw w/o meter. That swag though!!

If u don't reload on the 3rd power shot before the berry toss, it's possible to run up c.s > unblockable setup (on sol at least). 6H > 214K > cl.S > air combo seems like a thing, but I don't really know my character specifics to vouch its legitimacy.

What do you guys think?

Do SG-S>2P when you throw the berry instead of just 2P for slightly more damage.

For the conversion into unblockable, you will want to do dash 5P>(5P)>cS and you will get the right height.

Going into an air combo from shotgun loop though is pointless. You will obviously deal less damage than the shotgun loop itself and if you looped a lot before going for the air combo, the hitstun decay will be too important and they will air tech.

Only reason why you would really want to go for air combo ender would be for a jD>j236P ender. However, SG-S is fully untechable on air hit and make them float quite a bit so SG-S>236P gives you more time to do whatever you might want to do.

However, SG-S is fully untechable on air hit and make them float quite a bit so SG-S>236P gives you more time to do whatever you might want to do.

Hm SG-S is techable on air hit. Best option is to not reload the last charged SG-H and go into 6H >236p.

After checking it, yeah it's possible to tech out of it with lighter characters. Thanks for pointing it out.

So I'm checking out the thread... Figured I'd just go down the list and check them all out. Start at the "mid screen" combos ... Get to this one

6H CH>236P>dash jP>jS>jH>jD>dash 1/3P>fS>2P(toss)>delay 6H>214K [168 dmg]

PROBLEMS!

Sorta got this combo in the 3/4 screen to the corner... Def not 168 dmg on SOL (160dmg). Can someone confirm this combo on vid?

What I do off of 6H CH is

6H CH > 236P > 2H > c.S > j.K > j.S > j.H > j.4P > j.S >dj.S > j.P > j.S > j.H > j.D > (j.236P)

It's 173. Near the corner, you can opt for f.S 5H*5 instead of j.236P for 180.

So I posted this in the general thread, and I thought I had it figured out and I still cannot do this combo every time I want.  I am trying to do the corner unblockable loops in the corner, and the last hit keeps whiffing for me.  I cannot for the life of me figure out what I'm doing wrong and I've been practicing it for a long while.

The final sj.HS keeps whiffing.  I've tried on Bedman and I-no so far with the same issues.

So not too sure how actually useful/optimized/or if something similar has been posted before was just screwing around in the lab for something more geared for scrubs like me.
​If you manage to reversal throw forwards by accident (or on purpose) and you have enough tension to burn off an rrc you can just squeeze the AA combo off of it.Only tested it on sol but you have to start your c.s just as soon as he starts descending his slope trajectory. If you do it too early you'll turn him around and return to where you came from.

throw>rc>dash>c.s>j.p>j.s>j.h>j.d>(236p) [111? I'll have to check it again tomorrow]
It carries fullscreen from one side to the other

Mind you if you prime berry it slows down your momentum you can still catch them before wakeup albeit the window seems very tight
Just thought I'd share.

It seems that the first hit of SG-D cancels into pine toss, and ONLY pine toss. Literally nothing else. It leads to some interesting things if you land SG-D while holding one.

Practical? Maybe not. Flashy as hell though.

Anywhere combo:

vs Axl, Chipp, Faust, Potemkin, Sin, Slayer, Sol

- SG-D(1) > 2P(toss) > SG-H . [Dash cS or Dash jS or 2H] > BnB

- Cooking time doesn't matter. The shotgun blows it up.

vs Bedman, Elphelt, I-No, Ky, Leo, May, Millia, Ramlethal, Venom, Zato=1:

- The above still works if you space SG-D or do it in the corner.

- The pine whiffs after a point blank midscreen SG-D. If this is going to happen, either delay 2P(strict) or dash before SG-H.

Now for the fun stuff. If you lob the pine away from the opponent, they very slowly crumple to the floor, giving you time to set up some bullshit. Commence styling!

- Far from corner:

There are a few variations depending on the pine timer. Basically you chuck it behind them then hit them onto the explosion. There's plenty of leeway to delay 4P to make things work.

SG-D(1) > 4P(toss) > Dash SG-S* > 214K (BOOM) > PWD SG-S.H (midscreen RC or corner SG loop)

SG-D(1) > 4P(toss) > Dash SG-S* > 214K (BOOM) > 236H . [Dash cS or jS or 6H]...etc

*Press 4P at > 1.60 Press SG-S at ~1.10.

SG-D(1) > 4P(toss)* > PWD SG-[PP]H (BOOM) [Dash cS or jS or 6H]...etc

*Press 4P at < 2.00. SG-H at ~0.60.

*Use SG-P to buy time until the explosion, then SG-H them into it.

SG-D(1) > 4P(toss)* > PWD SG-S.H (BOOM) [Dash cS or jS or 6H]...etc

*Press 4P at ~2.10. The rest ASAP.

- Back to the corner:

SG-D(1) > 4P(toss) . SG-K(crossup) . PWD SG-H . SG-S . [sG-H]x3 . SG-S . [sG-H]xN

- Hard version:

SG-D(1) > 4P(toss) . SG-K(crossup) . PWD SG-H . PWD SG-S.H . PWD SG-H . SG-S . [sG.H]x3 . SG-S . [sG-H]xN

* PWD SG-H into PWD SG-S.H is a 1f link. It stops working after about 4-5 hits in a combo.

Err on the side of pressing S too early rather than too late so you can fall back onto normal shots.

- IK Combo (50% tension, HP flashing):

SG-D(1) > 4P(toss) . 236H . Activate IK . 236236H

fS>5H(x5)>RC>dash 2H>236P>cS>jS>jP>jS>jH>jD>5H>2P(toss)>6H>(236P) 

Can somebody tell me why in the above combo Elphelt is always too far away for the bomb to hit my opponent after the air series? I'm using Elphelt as the training dummy. Since none of the 5H(x5)>RC routes have any character specifics listed, can I just choose one and stick with it?

Like I explained here, berry juggles seem to be character specifics and I didn't test them yet on the whole cast.

Just use an universal combo like this one instead:

214K/5H(x5)>RC>dash 2H>cS>jS>djK>jS>delay jH>delay jD>(236P)

Only character that can be annoying to combo with is Faust because you need a very specific positioning to make both hits of 2H touch him.

I'll test the berry juggles (and finish the combo thread) once I'll have more free time though IIRC, it worked fine on Elphelt. Might be possible that you're not dashing enough before inputting 2H or delaying the air normals too much.

------------------------------------------------------------

New japanese combo used by Sharon and discovered before by Alioune while spectating some Elphelt japanese matches.

For people who don't want to watch it:
2S>214K RC>dash 2H>236P>cS>jS>djK>jS>jH>j4P>6H>236H>Powered SG-S>Powered SG-H>SG-S>SG-H>(236P)

Probably Elphelt's hardest combo. You have to delay the jH, use j4P exactly before you land, press 6H with the right timing to hit them, immediately cancel into shotgun, be in power-up and hit with the tippity-tip of SG-S.

Allows her to get around 45-50% damage and corner carry from 3/4 of the screen so it's by far Elphelt's best combo midscreen.

I didn't test yet whether it was character specific or not. It also looks like hit counts doesn't really affect the combo that much so you can add a few things before the 214K RC to get even more damage.

Again, I'll test it and post my conclusions when I'll have more time.

This looked really interesting, so I spent some time messing around with the above combo on Ram/Sol/Pot (no idea who the floatiest character in Xrd is, but Ram should be up there).

So, in general, combo works off of single hits like 2S/f.S > 214K RC like shown in the video, but you can still go for it off of longer strings like 5k > (c.S) > f.S > 5HSx5 RC. Depending on weight, this affects the combo a little bit.

Sol: Short series almost requires you to ... RC > 2HS > 236P > delay c.S, this makes sure that the opponent is low enough later on so your SG-S > powered SG-H hits. If you RC off of a longer series of normals, it becomes a decent bit easier since gravity seems to keep them lower, allowing you to hit the later parts easier. If you want to implement this route into your gameplay, I recommend starting off with this since it'll give you the easiest way to practice delaying your air normals if you aren't already used to it and then work on the rest from there.

Pot: Seems the heavier the character, the easier the combo becomes (or because Pot has a huge hurtbox). Both short and long strings are pretty straightforward, you want to speed up on the inputs a bit if you had a lot of normals before RCing so he doesn't fall too low.

Ram: This is were it got tricky for me. Getting the combo to connect after a longer series of normals isn't too bad, catch her kinda low with 2HS, delay air normals properly and make sure to toss the pineberry as close to the ground as possible and it'll work. Doing it off of one or two hits felt close to impossible though. After trying for ~30 minutes, I got it to work twice. It seems like you need to catch with 2HS just before it'd hit OTG, delay c.S very well and be spot on with delaying your air normals and toss. I'd like someone else to try it though, it might be me messing up somewhere.

Damage comparison on Sol if people are interested:
f.S > 214K RC > 2HS > 236P > c.S > jS > jc > jK > jS > jH > j4P |> 6H > 236HS > SG-S > powered SG-H > SG-S > SG-H (187 dmg)

5K > c.S > f.S > 214K RC > 2HS > 236P > c.S > jS > jc > jK > jS > jH > j4P |> 6H > 236HS > SG-S > powered SG-H > SG-S > SG-H (156 dmg)

5K > f.S > 5HSx5 RC > 2HS > 236P > c.S > jS > jc > jK > jS > jH > j4P |> 6H > 236HS > SG-S > powered SG-H > SG-S > SG-H (136 dmg)

The trick to it is to delay jK and j4P and nothing else. Don't worry about delaying 2H or cS; You want them to be high.

jH will bring them down and the delayed 4P will hit just before both of you reach the floor. If you let them drop too low during the confirm by delaying cS, the grenade is more likely to whiff over their head.

Edit: By the way, you can replace 6H with 5H to negate the pushback, which will be especially bad after a long hitconfirm. You'll end up significantly closer after SG-S for a better shotgun loop. Just be careful about the timing or they'll pop out before the grenade explodes.

The easiest way to set it up is to do 2H early so the opponent pops up as high as possible. This lets you slightly delay cS while still keeping them high up. The delay ticks the timer down slightly, making 5H more reliable.