Magaki

[Xrd] Elphelt - Combo Thread "Shotgun Wedding !" (WIP)

Took this little combo from the new video in the video thread which i don't think i've seen before:

https://www.youtube....youtu.be&t=4m5s
BE > RC > 236p > 2H(2) xx 236H > [sG-HS > Reload]x2 > SG-S xx 2P > Powered Shotgun Loop ender

Can probably end in an unblockable setup but he messes up somewhat

Edit: after some new info thsis seems to be BnB in Japan, lol, hope this is news to someone at least

Hey I have a question don't kno if is the right place but here goes... I'm stuck on trial 37 of elphelt and I can't consistently get the SG-S and the SG-Hs to combo and I hear there is a Powered SG-S what does it look like and how do I get it after SG-D thanks.

Hey I have a question don't kno if is the right place but here goes... I'm stuck on trial 37 of elphelt and I can't consistently get the SG-S and the SG-Hs to combo and I hear there is a Powered SG-S what does it look like and how do I get it after SG-D thanks.

Powered SG-S doesn't have a special animation or anything,the way you get it is the same way you get Powered SG-H,just stay still for a brief moment until you see the orange aura around her. I checked out the trial you were stuck on and you definitely need to do Powered SG-S into Powered SG-H if you want it to combo.

hello waifu ppl  :toot:

I saw Isa do this dust combo during the KSB sets, and wanted to reproduce it in more quality video, along with a couple other versions. 

Original / Shotgun + Pineberry ender: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJWVO1iKFbM
Good for sudden command grab mixups. Reliable on the whole cast. 

Unblockable setup ender: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciEghFxQtmc
If you have the execution to get this off reliably on other cast members, go for it. Difficult, but reliable once mastered. 

Retaining an Air Option ender: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lX0TyB4Myjw
Warning: Unreliable on most of the middleweight and lightweights. They will be able to tech on the final j.D, or the j.D will miss(but still will still be in hard knockdown). 

There's no problem with just pulling the pineberry on the j.HS before if you want to airdash. 

Unpractical combo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucjfUxMXqJ4
Not too useful, if cool looking T_T. 
Let me know if you liked any of this. 

hello again waifu ppl  :toot:

I made another combo compilation. I was inspired after seeing https://twitter.com/nyc_nukosu/status/608102988347891712 Nukosu Elphelt posting a practice clip. I hadn't seen any other Elphelt do any of the routes he did, so I wanted to recreate that. In the midst of training it, I came across a whole bunch of other variations on it. You may find something useful here. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53Yk9f1ZH-I

Good luck, and enjoy. It was really fun to get into Adobe Premiere in around 6 hours total. But the work of training and recording took over 18 hours... 

Bonus: 420 Damage Combo

Optimized tensionless 2D>aircombo character specific route:

Faust:
Midscreen: cS>fS>2H>2D>jSPSPS>djKSHD 179 dmg
Corner: cS>fS>2H>2D>jSPSHD>microdash fS>5Hx5 193 dmg

May:
Midscreen: cS>fS>2H>2D>jKSPS>djKSHD 184 dmg
Corner: cS>fS>2H>2D>jSH 151 dmg (Can still get a safe jump afterwards)

Chipp:
Midscreen: cS>fS>2H>2D>jKSPS>djKSHD 225 dmg
Corner: cS>fS>2H>2D>jSH 184 dmg (Can still get a safe jump afterwards)

Millia:
Midscreen: cS>fS>2H>2D>jPSPS>djKSHD 202 dmg
Corner: Impossiburu

Pot:
Midscreen: cS>fS>2H>2D>jKSPS>djKSHD 162 dmg
Corner: cS>fS>2H>2D>jKSPHD>fS>5Hx5 168 dmg

Optimized tensionless 2D>aircombo character specific route:

Faust:

Midscreen: cS>fS>2H>2D>jSPSPS>djKSHD 179 dmg

Corner: cS>fS>2H>2D>jSPSHD>microdash fS>5Hx5 193 dmg

May:

Midscreen: cS>fS>2H>2D>jKSPS>djKSHD 184 dmg

Corner: cS>fS>2H>2D>jSH 151 dmg (Can still get a safe jump afterwards)

Chipp:

Midscreen: cS>fS>2H>2D>jKSPS>djKSHD 225 dmg

Corner: cS>fS>2H>2D>jSH 184 dmg (Can still get a safe jump afterwards)

Millia:

Midscreen: cS>fS>2H>2D>jPSPS>djKSHD 202 dmg

Corner: Impossiburu

Pot:

Midscreen: cS>fS>2H>2D>jKSPS>djKSHD 162 dmg

Corner: cS>fS>2H>2D>jKSPHD>fS>5Hx5 168 dmg

going to make 5 different videos for each character, if you have other confirms you want to throw out, i want to be as detailed as possible

Found an anti-Faust tech guys.

Basically, if he's close to the corner, after a 2D it's possible to do:
...>2D>jS>djKSD>j236P>jSH

Which is an UB setup like you can guess.

There are 3 situations where you can pull it off.

Crouching confirm:

cS>fS>2H(1)>2D>jS>djKSD>j236P>jSH 177 dmg

If you need more confirm, it's possible to also do something like:
2P>cS>fS>2H(1)>2D>jS>djKSD>j236P>jKH 128 dmg

Make sure to only hit once with 2H as it makes the combo MUCH more stable.

I recommend learning that and abusing it as even if you don't want to go for UB, it still deals great damage.

Standing confirm:

2P>2D>jS>djKSD>j236P>jKH 110 damage

2P can be replaced by 2K, 5K or 2S
If you add a microdash, you can add one more 2P/2K/5K

2S CH confirm

It's possible to do 2S CH>microdash 2P>2D>jS>djKSD>j236P>jKH
Thing however is that if the opponent is staggering at level 2 or above, they will recovery in time to block 2P.

Though, technically, if they can recovery that fast, it's impossible to link anything after 2S CH. Only choice is to do 2S>5H>214K or 2S>5Hx5 so it might not really be an issue that big. Also pretty tough to even react in time and at least reach stagger level 1

Different post for a different combo and subject.

How much damage and tension gain could possibly be achieved in 1.1 after a corner/near corner throw RC is a recurring topic on the Elphelt skype group so I ran some tests to see the maximum we can get with it. Optimal tension gain + damage combo is:

Throw RC>dash 236H>[Powered SG-H>46H>walk slightly]x3>Powered SG-S>214K>[Powered SG-H>46H>walk slightly]x3>SG-S>[sG-H>46H]x5 (207 dmg, 50% tension used, ~48% tension gained back)

Without the SG-S link though, rewards are far from being as good as with it:

Throw RC>dash 236H>[Powered SG-H>46H>walk slightly]x5>SG-S>[sG-H>46H]x5 (191 dmg, 50% tension ued, ~20% tension gained back)

Finally, without walk shotgun loop and just basic loop:

Throw RC>dash 236H> [Powered SG-H>46H>]x3>SG-S>[sG-H>46H]x5  (182 dmg, 50% tension used, ~10% tension gained back)

PS: You can get even more by adding a 214K after any SG-S that hits the opponent quite high. Becomes more complicated though as the maximum height that determines whether a character gets hit by the close or far version of Powered SG-H or SG-H is character specific so it's better to stick with universal combos.

When doing the powered SG-H I seem to be having problems doing the wallsticks more than once, like the first SG-H they stick the second shot they don't stick if I reload after the second shot but if I don't reload it always sticks, I'm waiting for it to charge to powered too, something about reloading the second shot doesn't make a wallstick

Edit: actually I think it has something to do with the way I reload I tap H twice then 4 6, and that messes up the second wallstick and makes it unpowered for some reason

Edited by Dosu

You mean you do the second Powered SG-H but it doesn't wallstick ?

There are 2 SG-H for 4 possible results:
SG-H and Powered SG-H

If SG-H hits close, it will knockdown.
If you hit with it far, it's considered to be a normal hit.

If Powered SG-H hits close in the corner, you get a wallstick.
If it hits far, you get a knockdown.

So, for your problem, there are 2 explanations:
Either you're too far and you did Powered SG-H resulting in the far version which means no wallstick.
Or you just did normal SG-H because you pressed H too soon.

There is a notable difference in the visual aspect between both SG-H and Powered SG-H so you should be able to figure it out easily.

Yeah I have the dummy in the corner and I'm in the corner as close to him as possible and I do a Powered SG-H he sticks then I do another powered and he sticks if I don't reload after the second shot if I do reload 90% of the time he doesn't stick even with the proper timing, and I think it has to do with how I reload by doing  SG-H>H>46, probably because I'm double tapping before I do 46 yet it still reloads perfectly fine.

Guess I'll have to change my reloading style, it just seems a lot easier for me to double tap H to fire and reload quick.

I tested in training mode by double tapping H like you did to check if it could be some kind of bug but I still get Powered SG-H everytime.

Pretty sure you just ended up not delaying enough and did SG-H. That's the only explanation I can think of.

Yeah it must just be me not waiting long enough or I'm touching the stick right before firing to take me out of Powered mode, just seems in SG loop vids they do it faster than me while as soon as I see the aura around her it doesn't come out powered.

Took this little combo from the new video in the video thread which i don't think i've seen before:

https://www.youtube....youtu.be&t=4m5s
BE > RC > 236p > 2H(2) xx 236H > [sG-HS > Reload]x2 > SG-S xx 2P > Powered Shotgun Loop ender

Can probably end in an unblockable setup but he messes up somewhat

Edit: after some new info thsis seems to be BnB in Japan, lol, hope this is news to someone at least

I dont know if this just a weird glitch on my end, but the link in the quoted post seems to just link back to this page?

Does anyone have the original link? Or a link to a video that shows the same combo?

I'm trying to figure out if the combo is worth it over just going straight into 236H, SG.S, Charged SG-HS etc etc. (The regular corner stuff). Anyone have any insights?

Links being dead is a big issue caused by the new forum update so nah, it's not you. Link isn't salvageable either sadly.

And no, it's neither optimal nor the new BnB in japan.

Optimal conversion into shotgun loop is:

214K RC>dash 236H>Powered SG-H>(Walk shotgun loop or SG-S link if combo was short before the RC)

Other combo from there you can go for is UB setup.
...>214K RC>(dash) delay 2H>cS>hjSPSD>j236P>jKH>(2P toss>236S>UB shot)

As a rule of thumb, 214K has to be the fourth hit or less to make it work.
Being the fifth hit works too but it's not universal in that case.  

So I've been working on my elphelt for a while now and she's coming along pretty nicely I think. Just a few quick questions about certain combos, first is what combo do I go for if I command grab someone in the corner while there's a grenade on the field? I ran into that situation a couple days ago and I just froze lol. The other question is about AAs, I currently do the combo listed in the front page, but I frequently see different elphelts going for all sorts of different AA combos and I was wondering if it was a height thing, character thing, or preference thing.

Finally, what's elphs "punish" combo if the opponent is neither in counterhit nor crouching state? I'm currently doing c.S f.S 5.H bridal express but was wondering if there was something better out there?

Edited by jak d ripr

About SG-D and shotgun loops:

I would suggest you to read this shotgun loop guide I wrote. Should be more than enough to know exactly what to go for in most situations.

About air routes:

Here's an air combo comparison showing character specifics and the required height.

About standing punishes:

On standing without CH, you generally want to go for cS>fS>2D>214K. With a microdash, you can add a 2S between fS and 2D to get more damage.
2D is generally the last normal you want to use before going into 214K simply because it's one of her most damaging normal and allow to get a slightly better okizeme because 214K will make them float a bit more thanks to 2D.

If it's against Millia, Faust, Potemkin, May or Chipp, you want to do (microdash) cS>2D>air combo instead.
Scroll up to check the optimized combos on them both midscreen and in the corner.

Edited by Magaki
Typos + some poorly worded sentences

No idea if this is known, but you can dash jump after a c.S for better corner carry on some characters, and some combos, timing is tight, like on middle weights you can do

CH 6HS>236P>dash c.S>DASH j.K>j.S>j.HS>throw grenade|>6HS>pull shotty out>sg.S>powered sg.HS>sg.S>sg.HSxN

Easier to wallstick if you do the dash after the c.S.

Edited by Mumm-Ra

Hi =)

First of all, thanks to Magaki and all the others who helped build the Elphelt section. I recently started playing her (since last sunday =D), and it was easy to find all the info that I needed to properly understand and learn the character, thanks to you guys :)

I wanted to speak about an alternative to the classic unblockable loop that I've seen Sharon use quite a lot lately, and I made a video that showcases it.

It's actually possible to add one more charged shot with the walking shotgun loop, but if you put more than 4, it will be impossible to do the YRC UB setup. The combo deals ~200 damage, instead of ~150 with the classic air combo post unblockable, and it's not character specific, which is nice.

Sorry if I didn't used the official notation for elphelt, not quite accustomed to them yet.