Magaki

[Xrd] Elphelt - Q&A/FAQ Thread "Pop That Champagne !"

GGXrd_Header_Q&A_Thread.png

• Please post here any questions directly related to Elphelt. We will try to provide you with the best answer possible.

• The first post will be updated with a FAQ in order to avoid redundant questions.

FAQ
[collapse]

How do I unlock Elphelt ?
Elphelt is a DLC character. She can only be bought december 18th. There are, however, some ways to have her for free and before the 18th but it depends of which version you own or plan to get.
JP version: She's free only for preorders both physical and digital. If you didn't preorder, gotta wait december 18th to buy her.
HK version: She's free up to december 17th. No need for preorders or anything like that. The HK version was available the same day as the JP version: december 4th.
US version: She'll be free to download for anyone from december 16th to January 5th like you can see here

Price: 800Y for the JP version, 7,99$ for the US version.
Yeah, our waifu is quite expensive but at least, she's worth it !

[/collapse]

I'm sure this has been asked but...there is no way to get her if you didn't preorder? At least until the 16th or whatever?

Same question. Some people in the community were saying that she was free in the Hong Kong PSN store, but I've tried and had no luck.

She's only free on the HK store if you buy the game from the HK store (it goes into your download list). If you missed the pre-order bonus for her, you have to wait for thr 16th to buy her.

Okay after finnnnnaaally getting my hands on wit elphelt i have a question how does she deal wit charcters such as millia that are consistently in her face

I bought XRD from the Japanese PSN store... and I didn't see a way to unlock her, free or otherwise. Am I missing something, just dumb, or both?

I bought XRD from the Japanese PSN store... and I didn't see a way to unlock her, free or otherwise. Am I missing something, just dumb, or both?

I wouldn't call you dumb, but unless you pre-ordered she is paid DLC.

So what kind of character is she? I mean, what's her gameplan. Seems interesting.

Mostly rushdown based. Sniper stance isn't really that fast and not that rewarding outside of okizeme situations and the pineberry is better used as an okizeme tool so zoning with her isn't that great and heavily matchup dependent. She got really good normals though with good priority and hitboxes as well as interesting gatlings and jump cancels so her neutral and pressure is pretty nice.

Defense though isn't that great. Only meterless move with invul is SG-K which is a roll. Her AAs don't have invul either. As for her supers, Judge Better Half(cake super)'s hitbox isn't that great, you can be hit before the active frames and if it trades, the animation won't trigger. A pretty bad reversal if you ask me.

Genoise looked like a great combo filler tool but it actually leads to worse rewards than a RC.

Only reliable defensive tool I would say with tension is DAA.

Summary: heavy rushdown oriented character with great neutral and offensive options but poor defense.

Though, this is only my opinion at the moment and I would love to listen to others'.

Like Ziggy said, she's free only if you preordered the japanese version. Otherwise, you have to wait for december 18th to buy her.

Gonna add the details in the FAQ.

"US version: She's free up to January 5th for both physical and digital versions. Preorders or not."

Err... what does this mean exactly? You're saying that she'll cost $8 as DLC and then you say she's free? Is there a DLC code to get her "free" with the LE or something?

"US version: She's free up to January 5th for both physical and digital versions. Preorders or not."

Err... what does this mean exactly? You're saying that she'll cost $8 as DLC and then you say she's free? Is there a DLC code to get her "free" with the LE or something?

I believe its

For the US Version, she is free from Dec 18-Jan 5th. If you don't download her in that time frame, you need to cough up $8 to have her after that.

Sorry about that. Updated the FAQ to make it easier to understand and also linked the picture that Aksys made.

I'm almost done writing the pressure section for Elphelt. You will be able to know what you should go for and shouldn't quite soon.

As for her challenge mode, it does teach beginners how shotgun combos and pineberries midcombo work so it's a good place to start.

Trust me, if you think that Sol's hurtbox is annoying, Zato's and Venom's will make you scream.

Consider adding some delays if the opponent is too low. Try to hit him lower if he's too high in your combos.

The only thing I didn't try changing was pressing the J.H and the J.D later because I assumed I was actually going too slow not too fast, I'm pretty new to these types of games so I'm not used to troubleshooting these kinds of combos.

What are you guys doing when someone jumps from far out and uses long range downward-angled air normals like Faust and Bedman have? I'm too far to c.5S and if I try to 5H them I get hit on top of the head :(

Microdash c.5S, dash under, or Blitz Shield are decent options when used sparingly and against people who don't expect them. Generally best to just block if you don't think you can anti air easily, though.

It can work against Faust, as only the second hit of 2H connects, which is the key part to getting 236P>c.S, but I don't think it leaves him at the optimal height for the follow ups. It can be a little awkward on Bedman too, but works if you delay the 2H enough. If you press forward and taunt you'll get either the bow or the SSJ taunt, I believe it's just random which one it does.