Magaki

[Xrd] Elphelt - Q&A/FAQ Thread "Pop That Champagne !"

Like I explained here, the RC combos into dash 2H are universal. It's just that with Faust, you need to hit a very specific part of his body to make it work. It can be annoying for combos like 5Hx5>RC>dash 2H so you can do dash cS on him if you want to sacrifice some damage for an easier combo.

For Elphelt's SSJ taunt, it's actually a Respect. Taunts are triggered by pressing the taunt button and can't be cancelled for a while. Respects are triggered by using 6+taunt and can be cancelled at any points. There are 2 animations for Taunt and 2 animations for Respect.

Fun fact that was discovered by wauhti: If you do a Respect a bit before a time up, the time up will only show up at the end of the animation forcing your opponent to watch all of it. Use it to troll in casual though as it is a big and unnecessary waste of time in tournaments

Asking on behalf of a friend.  I'm looking at this UB setup here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0o3uUvzFkM and trying to adapt a more "simplified" version on Sol.  

I'm attempting to do c.K c.S Bridal RC dashup c.S j.5S j.5D grenade land backdash set grenade rifle stance fire and then loop with 6HS bridal c.S yadda yadda.

And now my questions

-If I have this right, in the vid she lands a j.5S j5D after grenade, but I don't think this works on Sol?  Is it char specific for Faust and other tall/wide chars?

-If the above is true, what should I do to space properly so that the grenade will land at their feet?

-When should the rifle shot be timed?

I apologize if any of the questions have been answered already by proxy of another in this thread, I don't play this char and don't really understand much of what's being said here right now.  As I mentioned, I"m asking on behalf of a friend.  

While I'm here, I'd like a breakdown on how the UB works.  The grenade itself is unblockable right?  And the rifle just keeps them pinned down blocking low?

While I'm here, I'd like a breakdown on how the UB works.  The grenade itself is unblockable right?  And the rifle just keeps them pinned down blocking low?

I can't really answer the other stuff but the grenade is not unblockable, the rifle shot is. The way it works is normally the shot is only air unblockable, but if you let the cursor sit and don't touch it, it will "charge" and become larger. Once it becomes full size it "pings" and becomes an unblockable shot.

Even though it only takes time to charge for the unblockable shot, the timer for the charge actually resets when the opponent goes through a wakeup animation so the grenade is necessary to keep them in block stun.

If your combo before doing that is short enough and you hit them when they're high enough so that they don't land before you can j.S after j.236P, it'll connect.

Asking on behalf of a friend.  I'm looking at this UB setup here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0o3uUvzFkM and trying to adapt a more "simplified" version on Sol.  

Alioune already made a version that works on Sol, so the work there is already done. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIMeM2JI0jc. Unless I'm mistaken, the only major difference here is that you need to hi-jump cancel the c.s in order to get the arial sequence to connect properly.

I'm attempting to do c.K c.S Bridal RC dashup c.S j.5S j.5D grenade land backdash set grenade rifle stance fire and then loop with 6HS bridal c.S yadda yadda.

And now my questions

-If I have this right, in the vid she lands a j.5S j5D after grenade, but I don't think this works on Sol?  Is it char specific for Faust and other tall/wide chars?

-If the above is true, what should I do to space properly so that the grenade will land at their feet?

-When should the rifle shot be timed?

I apologize if any of the questions have been answered already by proxy of another in this thread, I don't play this char and don't really understand much of what's being said here right now.  As I mentioned, I"m asking on behalf of a friend.  

Sorry if I didn't reply yet and I hope you're still checking this thread.

Anyway, reason why I didn't explain anything yet was because I planned to do it on the wiki ASAP but I was busy recently.

However, you should probably have anything you need there now.

If you have troubles understanding it, please tell me and I'll try to write it in a clearer way.

The grenade is not the unblockable. The rifle when it goes big target over opponent is the unblockable. Also the grenade can be blocked while standing just in case you weren't sure.

Hi, I have a hopefully simple question.

Which basic combo ender would be best (not in corners)? 5Hx5, 2H, or Waifu Car are what I usually end with. I then throw a grenade high or low. Should I be going for shotgun instead somehow? I tend to RC the 5Hx5 to land a extra 5 hits. Although, I feel that's not a good use of the meter.

Also how useful is her Divekick Waifu Car? I don't want to become too dependent on it even if it 'seems' pretty good. Can't link much off it though.

Thanks.

2D gives the most advantage on knockdown
214K gives the best corner carry
5Hx5 pretty just for far confirms that 2D, 214K wouldn't combo on like max range f.S

as for what's best.. honestly right now I'm not too sure.

2D can lead into empty jump low/IAD high, safejump which if landed can lead to some pretty nice damage+corner carry. Also grenade toss meaty throw mixup or pressure which is real nice.

214K doesn't give as good advantage but you still get a safejump if you don't use 236P, you get IAD j.S meaty with grenade cooking or you get grenade toss meaty into throw mixup/pressure

the way i see it 214K is most dangerous when you're already nearing the corner, El gets some of her best options once she's there and her throw mixup is really scary.
2D is like a more safe knockdown for when you're just playing neutral without the meter necessary to really solidify her damage/unblockable game and better mixup to score your hits.

as for j.214K it's pretty nice. real + on block if it hits certain places, pretty nice YRC for overhead or if you wait for the momentum to kick in a low.

Ah, this is very useful, thank you. I'm not actually doing anything wrong then. I don't end with sweeps like ever though... so I'll see how they improve things for me.

I saw some talk on twitter about possible nerfs to rifle unblockable setups in the most recent patch. I haven't seen a patch log for what actually changed in the update, but can anyone confirmed if any character changes were in the update?

I saw some talk on twitter about possible nerfs to rifle unblockable setups in the most recent patch. I haven't seen a patch log for what actually changed in the update, but can anyone confirmed if any character changes were in the update?

I tested everything right after the patch and like I explained here, there are no changes at all. It was just a mere rumor.

jD is crap on whiff and air block, but it beats a ton of stuff. iabd jD is pretty strong in terms of priority and safety, and on hit you get plenty of time to make up for the positioning lost. Also always remember good ol air throw, as well as the fact that you can OS it with any jump button besides jD if you do a forward air throw.

I been working on how to anti-air people jumping in with 2s. Is 2s viable as an anti air or is Elphelt's only real option to go air to air? 

For starting off, should I be ending air combos in j.236P > 236H > toss? Or would it be too far to go into 236H unless I'm in the corner?

It depends on the combo you use. Generally you'll only be able to do it when you're in the corner, yes. Put the dummy on forward or backward tech and test your setups and combos with that.

I been working on how to anti-air people jumping in with 2s. Is 2s viable as an anti air or is Elphelt's only real option to go air to air? 

I haven't seen 2S used as an antiair much. From my experience, you tend to move out of the way or block rather than try to antiair them unless they're just floating in the air waiting for you to dash cS them

Its viable and a must in far neutral. or if they jump in your face but you dont have time to step under for close S. But you have to study up on opponents moves. Some moves you cant beat with it or not worth the trouble. Also the timing can be tricky. In some situations, you whiff each other.

As for oki, I'm usually using
2P toss >
> low starting blockstring
> throw
> low > throw
> 6P/5D > combo

Anything else I should be doing? After 2D, 236P 2P toss I also do

> jump, airdash jS etc or

> empty jump, low, empty jump throw, etc

Also, what are good blockstrings that you can 236P after and try to keep pressure? I'm mainly using 6HS > 236P and cS fS 2HS(1) 236P. Koichi uses both, but the last one is not very useful online (people will just mash, lol)

Try to add shotgun pressure in your game. Should make your oki much harder to deal with. You got everything about what you can do with it on the wiki already.

As for 236P, 6H>236P is mostly something you use in neutral or if the opponent is in the corner to prevent jump out. During pressure, cancelling into 236P is mostly something you do if the opponent respects you. Generally, the best choice is to do fS>236P. Why fS ? That's because 2P toss is -3. The further you are, the better it is in terms of frame advantage. That's also one of the reason why 2H>236P isn't really a great choice though, using it once in a while isn't a bad idea. The fact however that they mash after 2H means that you barely or never use 2H>236H. 2H>236H>SG-P is actually gapless and 2H>236H is minimum +3. Make sure to add that in your game !

How do you personally go about shotgun pressure? After looking at the wiki, it seems that you want to use SG-P, SG-S and SG-HS to make the opponent respect you (waifu-car combo if they hit?), then try to get them with SG-D and use SG-K for oki/spacing.(I kinda wish she had an unthrowable normal after SG-K, tho. Like Leo :P)

Thanks for the answer, I'll def try to use shotgun stance more outside of combos.

So, it's no secret majority of our Wife's damage comes from stuff > 214K> RC > ggs. Maybe I'm stale? But everyone I've played lately wants to burst as soon as I roman cancel! Is there any neat ways I could bait the burst and punish efficiently? Only thing I could cook up off the top of my head is switching to shotgun stance and blocking the burst, but that only seems bright in the corner.