Digital Watches

[Xrd] Axl Combo Science Thread

Though often a j.6P will limit what options you have to follow up. A 2D will land from extremely close spacings into the corner, but most of the time j.6P pushes them too far out. On tall characters j.6P, 5P will work consistently, though on most of the cast I have to resort to f.S. This means you won't get a knockdown unless you use cool tech like 63214S RC to follow up.

Just to add to what Shivel said, if you feel like the j.H won't come out use j.P instead. If you're too far for both options, j.6P.

Yeah I'm aware of this. I was using this instead as it was more reliable for me. I think it just gives a bit of a less hitstun then j.HS.

Thanks for your help. I'll work on my spacing then. I guess delaying the IAD a bit to make sure I'm at a proper height should fix this.

So I just found a reasonably good damage combo in the corner.

5S, 5HS, 2D, Benten~RC~ dashing Bomber, 5S, 6P, 2S, Bomber, 5K, 5P, Rensen, down swing - 220 on Sol

223 on Sin

209 on Slayer (the ending needs to change from 5K, 5P, Rensen to just 5P, Rensen, downswing or 5S, Rensen, downswing)

233 on Zato

221 on Venom

222 on Ky

266 on Chipp however, you have to change things slightly. His falling hit box isn't that wide horizontally so you have to start with 5S, 5HS, Benten and omit the 2D otherwise the push back means that the Benten will whiff. After that you do dashing 5S into Bomber. Also then ender needs to be just 5P, Rensen, downswing or 5S, Rensen, downswing.

220 on Faust

218 on Leo however, like Chipp you have to change the combo. Start with 5S, 5HS, Benten. You need to do this because 2D Benten doesn't lift Leo high enough so if you performed dashing Bomber you only have enough time to get a 5K to connect. If you use this it knocks the damage down a bit. So 5S, 5HS, Benten, dashing 5S Bomber, 5S, 6P, 2S, Bomber, 5K, 5P, Rensen downswing.for 21.

Haven't tested on women or bigs yet because both categories are crap. Have a nice day.

Hey guys, I'm having trouble with this combo:  AA2S (2) (jc), j.HS> D> 623HS (rc), dash cS> 2S (2) (jc), TK j.623HS, 5P > 6K (2)> 2 S (2) (jc), j.HS> D> 623HS

The issue I'm having is that my j.D often whiffs, especially if I'm too close to the opponent. Is there a way to fix this or is it just the nature of the combo?

EDIT: I found a way to make this combo more consistent:

AA2S (2) (jc), j.S, (jc), j.HS> D> 623HS (rc), dash cS> 2S (2) (jc), TK j.623HS, 5P > 6K (2)> 2 S (2) (jc), j.SS (jc), j.HS> D> 623HS

Messed around with 214214S on practice mode and realized you can do an easy a side switch with a throw. Micro-dash throw combos after most stuff even with max stagger mashing and 4 hits before Kairagi (such as 5K-c.S-2P-f.S), though I couldn't do it with a long range 2P starter because of the big post-Kairagi gap between characters (where dash 5K-2D-Rensen still works). The damage isn't as good as other 50 meter options (like Rensen-up RC side switch), but the meter gain might be worth it in some cases and it looks really cool.

Examples starting from the corner facing out:

5K-c.S-5H-Kairagi, 66, throw, 66, 6P-c.S, TK Bomber (157 and knockdown on Sol)

5K-c.S-2P-f.S-Kairagi, 66, throw, 66, c.S, TK Bomber (178 and knockdown on Millia)

Haven't researcehed that much on the post throw part, but doing more reps should be possible especially with a shorter starter into Kairagi.

On 7.6.2016 at 5:17 AM, MoralHazardPay said:

So do we have Revelator side dust combos yet? Especially for midscreen, it would be nice to have something ending in a knockdown so I never have to vertical dust again.

On a recent Yousuke match against Leo there was midscreen D into what looked like f.S, c.S, Rensen down.

From the same video, on 32:33 a corner combo on Venom looked like D into j.H, jH, j.D, land, 6P, 2S, TKB, 5K, 2S, TKB.

On 7/10/2016 at 3:36 PM, Penguinator said:

On a recent Yousuke match against Leo there was midscreen D into what looked like f.S, c.S, Rensen down.

From the same video, on 32:33 a corner combo on Venom looked like D into j.H, jH, j.D, land, 6P, 2S, TKB, 5K, 2S, TKB.

Midscreen "5D->6, c.S, 5h, Rensen, down" does a bit more damage (84 dmg on Sol).

The corner one is great, but doing "j.D, j.D, j.D" at the start does slightly more damage. 144 dmg and oki vs the up dust followup's 121 dmg and no oki.

Given the option, I'll probably use "5D->6" almost every time, since you get oki.