Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RurouniLoneWolf

[Xrd] Sin Kiske Combo Thread

The positioning after 6H doesn't really allow for a whole lot of follow up, but whatever I'll probably do some tweaking to the combo tonight.

The positioning after 6H doesn't really allow for a whole lot of follow up, but whatever I'll probably do some tweaking to the combo tonight.

Umm the positioning after 6H leaves plenty to follow up. Plus you're better off adding that in rather than having a lot of jump normals. You want as much H normals as early as you can in the combo for damage scaling purposes. It's combos 101. 

I also think adding 6HS is better and leaves you with a better positioning to followup in a air combo than plain 5H.

Try 236HS (CH), 214K, JS, J6HS, land 5S, 5HS (1), 6HS JC, jS, jP, jS, JC, jK, jS, j6H, j236HS, (RTL)

Should work on most characters if you delay the 6HS more or less depending on the character weight. If not try replacing 5S by 5P.

Against Elphelt and maybe a few others you need to pick up with a late jHS (2 hit) after 214K, a bit tricky and it lowers the damage quite a lot but that's the only thing that can make it work.

Also AFAIK with this combo starter 5HS > 6HS > 623S won't crit most of the time, which is why we need to wait for the update. :)

Edit: mistake in the combo jS, jP, jS after the first jump and not jS, jK, jS

Yeah I actually did try some 6HS and was able to get it to work on most MU's. When the hawk baker gets buffed I can see Beak Driver confirms getting a lot more powerful. 

"Should work on most characters if you delay the 6HS more or less depending on the character weight. If not try replacing 5S by 5P."

I didn't think about that at all, and it makes a world of difference. Thanks for the insight.

So I finally got the combo where I want it. CH on max range 236H, 214P [6], J.S, J.6H, 5S, 5H (1), (Delay),  6.H, 623S, 214S, 236H (Crit), 214K, J.6H, 5S, 5H (1), 6H, 236 H, 214H. Thanks much everyone.

So I finally got the combo where I want it. CH on max range 236H, 214P [6], J.S, J.6H, 5S, 5H (1), (Delay),  6.H, 623S, 214S, 236H (Crit), 214K, J.6H, 5S, 5H (1), 6H, 236 H, 214H. Thanks much everyone.

Guess I was wrong about the 5H, 6HS, 623S part not giving critical in this situation. Don't know why but I kept thinking that, I remember it failing in many cases but that must be from a different starter. Anyway glad we could be of help!

Here's a very important (IMO) hit confirm off of counterhit Elk Hunt, it happens fairly often as a frame trap mix-up and hits hard -

Elk Hunt CH > 2P > cS > 5H > 6H > jS > j6H > j214S > j236H

Sometimes you'll be too far for the 5H to combo if you do cS so do 2S instead. Also, instead of 2P you can 2K in that and it'll still pick up.

Corner dust combos for y'all -

5D ~ 6 > 5H > 6H > 2H (3 hit) > jK > jS > jK > land > 5H > IAD jS > jP > jK > 5H > 6H > 236H

This combo still hits hard while working on a bunch of characters and taking only 1000 calories (no calories if you end the combo at 5H). It also gives the perfect spacing for Voltic super okizeme. Can do IAD jK > jS > jK instead on the larger characters.

5D ~ 6 > cS > fS > 236[H] > 236[H] > 236[H] > etc

Not a full combo but interesting tech for the beak driver loop - while it's possible to get full charged 236H off of 5D, getting the timing perfect so they land on the ground instead of air teching for every character is actually quite hard. Beginning the combo with cS > fS fixes this timing issue perfectly.

Off of dust you just kinda wanna do the driver loops but if you can't just going into 2H(2)>5H>6H>623S>bnb tends to do the most damage there.

Off of dust you just kinda wanna do the driver loops but if you can't just going into 2H(2)>5H>6H>623S>bnb tends to do the most damage there.

While this is true, the point of the first combo is to set up Voltic okizeme while using very few calories so you have meter to hitconfirm the following unreactable 50/50 for even more damage. Here's an example at 0:34 http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm25371338

Eshi, I've found that doing 6H at the start of 5D leading into Beak Driver loops is the best way without having to practice the timing that much. Just wait for the opponent to visually start falling down and then do 6H > 236[H] x N. Does just about as much damage if not more than regular Beak Driver loops and it's hella easy. I recommend all Sin players to use this starter for BD loops. Only problem is it doesn't work on CH 5D which puts them much higher and they don't fall down. In that case go for the 5H > 6H follow up. 

Eshi, I've found that doing 6H at the start of 5D leading into Beak Driver loops is the best way without having to practice the timing that much. Just wait for the opponent to visually start falling down and then do 6H > 236[H] x N. Does just about as much damage if not more than regular Beak Driver loops and it's hella easy. I recommend all Sin players to use this starter for BD loops. Only problem is it doesn't work on CH 5D which puts them much higher and they don't fall down. In that case go for the 5H > 6H follow up. 

after practicing it quite a bit tonight, 5D > cS > fS sets up Beak Driver loops perfectly 100% of the time including counterhit. They do not need to start falling, nothing needs to be timed. It literally always works. ;)

Sin can apparently link 2K/cS/fS/2S after jD if he's low enough to the ground, EX: low airdash oki jH > jD. This is really nice because j214S is minus/unsafe on block, whereas it's impossible to mash between jD and a link normal. Easiest confirm is jD > land > 2K > 2S > Elk Hunt > Beak Driver, or 2K > 2S > Beak Driver [1] > RRC if you have meter.

Wouldn't that give you something into clean hit 623S such as 2K>2D>236K>623S>bnb?

And yeah that's a nice trick but sadly you won't get many jDs to land in this specific fashion at all for most of the time. Generally speaking the jDs that land are runup dashing jDs which if not special canceled will launch you upwards. Also I believe there is a hole between the jH and jD if not between the jD and the 2k (will have to see just how much gliding momentum you have after the jD) so chars with DPs can shut that down pretty well. Off of oki airdash I tend to like stuff ending in j6h since it pulls them in so you get to do a bigger string and if they somehow get hit then it's all the pain lol.

Wouldn't that give you something into clean hit 623S such as 2K>2D>236K>623S>bnb?

And yeah that's a nice trick but sadly you won't get many jDs to land in this specific fashion at all for most of the time. Generally speaking the jDs that land are runup dashing jDs which if not special canceled will launch you upwards. Also I believe there is a hole between the jH and jD if not between the jD and the 2k (will have to see just how much gliding momentum you have after the jD) so chars with DPs can shut that down pretty well. Off of oki airdash I tend to like stuff ending in j6h since it pulls them in so you get to do a bigger string and if they somehow get hit then it's all the pain lol.

There is, but not everyone has a DP and you can also land after jH instead since it's deep enough that there's no gap with 2P > 2K unless they IB the last hit, which is really hard. If they're just autopilot inputting DP in this case then they'll get hit by 2K.

Speaking of j. D, close 2H(normal blocked, 1 or 2 hits)>jc j.D can be followed up on hit unlike other situations you jump cancel from a normal, so I think it's somewhat worth playing around with. Unsure if it works if they FD the 2H. You can also go 2D or 236K instead to mix things up.

The only problem is actually getting people to block 2H, because well, its range and speed is not exactly the best. If you manage to make someone block a j. 6H though, go ahead.

Also, on people with slow reversals(like Ky), I found that it's possible to do a offensive OS safe jump j. S that also goes into j. D if j. S hits or is blocked, but it was pretty hard to replicate. After 236H blowback, delay 214K[6] j.S>[4]D. I think you're too far away to follow up with j. 214S, but with what Eshi found, it might be possible to link with 2S.

Speaking of j. D, close 2H(normal blocked, 1 or 2 hits)>jc j.D can be followed up on hit unlike other situations you jump cancel from a normal, so I think it's somewhat worth playing around with. Unsure if it works if they FD the 2H. You can also go 2D or 236K instead to mix things up.

The only problem is actually getting people to block 2H, because well, its range and speed is not exactly the best. If you manage to make someone block a j. 6H though, go ahead.

Also, on people with slow reversals(like Ky), I found that it's possible to do a offensive OS safe jump j. S that also goes into j. D if j. S hits or is blocked, but it was pretty hard to replicate. After 236H blowback, delay 214K[6] j.S>[4]D. I think you're too far away to follow up with j. 214S, but with what Eshi found, it might be possible to link with 2S.

the jD works in this situation but only if the opponent doesn't FD so be careful with it. If the opponent does FD and jD hits, you can still confirm into either Voltec Daein >IAD>jS or RC> land>66>2P (choosing the way you confirm it is mostly character specific), provided you have the meter.

About 2H, it does have its use mid pressure as it makes for a decent frame trap after a properly spaced 2K meaty : with the right spacing you will be out of throw range and link into 2H.Should they block it,  the 2H frame trap after is incredibly  tight. I originally thought there would be a 10 frame hole between the two, but actually 2H here is a late cancel, and not a link, so if they mash anything that isn't a DP, they eat a raw 2H counter into whatever hell you want to throw them into. 2H's first hit also happens to crank up the guard gauge a lot so feel free to use 2K>2H after a frame advantage if you know they'll respect it.

On normal block and IB, you can still jD > 214S, but if FD is used on any hit, you'll have to go for the meter follow-ups to confirm from it. 2D and 236K are here the best options, you can also throw a dust in between any of the 2H hits if you feel like it'll work. Once they respect your options, you can 2K into other moves like jD,dash instant jH RC, throws, 2P link and so on.

It's  nearly impossible to safe-jump jD because of its startup, especially in a game with different wake up timings. I think you'd better off using the old jS safejump> land >jD>214S. That being said you can still use jS>jD YRC to bait DPs and get a makeshift high/low.

Yeah, it was really hard to replicate it, so I was having doubts on how it practical it is to do, regarding the j.S>j.D safe jump. 

Learnt a lot from the other stuff said, really good stuff.

So, I've been hearing something about a low calorie combo that is geared towards meter more than damage.

Anyone know what that could be? A friend showed me something but he kept dropping it. Said it was hard, but good. 

So, I've been hearing something about a low calorie combo that is geared towards meter more than damage.

Anyone know what that could be? A friend showed me something but he kept dropping it. Said it was hard, but good. 

That would be the 5H loop : stuff> 2H(3)>(5H>6H)>jK>jS>jK>5H>IAD>jS>jP>jK>5H>IAD>jK>jS>jK>5H> ender.

This one is tricky,as it has a lot of chara spe tweaks to it, it can be very easy or very hard depending on your opponent's weight (harder on heavier characters in general) and their hurtboxes when wallsplat (Ramlethal,Milia, May and Slayer have small hurtboxes when they are stuck on the wall whereas Leo and Potemkin have large ones). But it's worth going for it in the corner once you can use it properly !

What's the general rule when tweaking the 5H loop, smaller characters, use more j.S>j.P>j.K?

j.K>j.S>j.K serves pretty well on a lot of characters. I think Venom and Chipp are the easiest somewhat, at least from what I feel.

What's the general rule when tweaking the 5H loop, smaller characters, use more j.S>j.P>j.K?

j.K>j.S>j.K serves pretty well on a lot of characters. I think Venom and Chipp are the easiest somewhat, at least from what I feel.

basically, jS>jP>jK floats them high enough to be able to do jK>jS>jK on the second loop. It's mostly useful for heavier character but jK>jS>jK for the first loop works perfectly fine on lighter/small characters. I prefered to include this one and not the variations because it's  the basic universal version !

Tweaking the loop for smaller characters is mostly a matter of delaying the 6H at the beginning of the loop . The more you delay, the lower they will be wallsplat, so you need to change the timing for the second 5H to hit them at max height.

The issue with the 5H loops is more regarding actually getting the first 5H to connect than the rest of the loop. For example, the easiest way to get into that loop is rising jD>j214S>5H but this 5H right here needs varying spacing for varying chars and in some spacing it will hit some but not others so you have to kinda gut it (or have practiced it for 20 hours and really know it) since if you mess up you whiff the entire 5H and not only drop a combo but also get punished.