Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RurouniLoneWolf

[Xrd] Sin Kiske Combo Thread

I put the optimized combos on the wiki, and honestly, most of the weight changes are not that hard in the end ! When you get used to it, you can actually just modify your combo on sight since you have a lot of time to decide what to do after bull bash or j6H because of their huge hitstun ! It's only a bit finnicky on lighter characters, but mid and heavy weights are just "bleh they are lower, add more hits" really. Also the advantage of the optimized version is that you can control your calorie consumption easily : just skip a loop when you can't afford doing a second one, or end the combo with the second Bull bash to get a refill along with a good meaty on midweight and heavier characters (or 5H oki, it's really good too for that purpose)

As far as confirms go, your routes are really good for "on the fly pickups" as you said. It also reminded me I completely forgot to put the 236K whiff route on the wiki ! So thanks for the input^^

A couple combos using the new non-clean hit 623S midscreen that work on every character EXCEPT KY. Damage from Sol. One thing to note is that you'd be able to use these out of any confirm into 2D from almost every distance that 2D would still be able to land from. The thing is that simply doing 2D > 236K > 236D gets you pretty much the same damage. These combos are more like corrections in a situation where you didn't think you'd get a blue 623S than anything else. If you are near the corner though, you can do some fun stuff off of the j.K using the wall splat, but all of those combos are mad character specific.

[4 kcal] 2D > 236K > 623S(blue) > 214K > j.S > j.K > j.236H [112 DM]

You can replace j.K with j.6H but it only does 8 more damage and is much less consistent. You can even alternatively do j.S > j.P > j.S to get the same damage as well. Lighter characters will require you to do j.S > j.P so you get both hits of j.236H in.

[6 kcal] 2D > 236K > 623S(blue) > 214S > 214K > j.S > 5P > 5H [137 DM]

This is an alternative that works on lighter characters since they bounce high enough. Costs more food though. Damage is from Millia in this case.

This is situational, but for those who don't know, If you have 100 meter with your back in the corner, and you are really desperate, you can do this :

R.T.L(632146H)6~7(sideswap)~6>RC>236[H]>214S>236{H](WS)*2>214K>j.6H>c.S>5H for 305 damage on Sin (I think Sol has roughly the same guts so)

plenty of possible versions/optimizations of this combo depending on how high you hit with the beak, character weight etc, but the charged Beak always work when you do it this way, and always grants hilarious damage and combo possibilities, so consider doing this if you need to steal a round really badly.

I'm having fun with spacing specific stuff

midscreen 214SCH>236[HS]>RC>dash>236[HS]>2366[HS]>2366[HS]>214K>6>JK>5cS>5HS>236HS  (7000 Cal required, 305 Dmg on Sol, 50 tension bar required)

You have to input the second 236[HS] before the dummy sticks on the corner, otherwise it will whiffs, probably you can add a third 2366[HS], I'll see it later

Gonna put a bunch of random sin stuff here

Beak Driver RC combos against standing opponents. All damage is on sol and at different calories used. You guys can figure out other stuff I'm sure, but this is what I got.

None of these work on Faust or May.

[9k Cal] 236HS > RC > iAD j.S > j.6HS > 5HS > 6HS > 623S > 214S > 214P/K > (j.S) > j.6HS > 5S (omit with j.S was used) > 623S > 214S > 236[HS] > 214K > j.S > j.K > 5HS > Eat (197 Dmg)

[8k Cal] 236HS > RC > iAD j.S > j.6HS > 5HS > 6HS > 623S > 214S > 214P/K > (j.S) > j.6HS > 5S > 623S > 214S > 214P/K > 2HS > 5HS> 6HS > j.K > j.S > j.6HS > j.236HS (197 Dmg)

[8k Cal] 236HS > RC > iAD j.S > j.6HS > 5HS > 6HS > 623S > 214S > 214P/K > (j.S) > j.6HS > 5S > 623S > 214S > 214P/K > 2HS > 5HS> 6HS > 236HS > Eat (195 dmg) (more consistent for only 2 less damage)

[5k Cal] 236HS > RC > iAD j.S > j.6HS > 5HS > 6HS > 623S > 214S > 214P/K > (j.S) > j.6HS > 6P > 5S > 5HS > 6HS > j.K > j.S > j.6HS > j.236HS (187 dmg)

[2k Cal] 236HS > RC > iAD j.S > j.6HS > 2HS (3 hits) > 5HS > j.K > j.S > j.6HS > j.236HS (159 Dmg)

[0k Cal] 236HS > RC > iAD j.S > j.6HS > 2HS (3 hits) > 5HS (2 Hits) > Eat (125 dmg) 

5HS 2nd hit stuff that I'm too lazy to write out atm.

On Faust: 

CH 5HS (2nd hit) > 214K [4] > j.S > j.6HS > 5P > 5HS > 6HS > 623S > 214S > etc~

on Potemkin:

[3K Cal] CH 5HS (2nd hit) > iAD j.S > j.6HS > j.214S > 5HS > iAD j.S > j.6HS > j.214S > (5H > iAD j.KSK) x 2 > 5HS > 236HS (201 Dmg)

CH 5HS (2nd hit) > iAD j.S > j.6HS > 5P > 5HS > etc~ (Side switch)

[4 kcal] CH 236D(tip) > 214K(tap 6) > j.K(delayed) > 5H > 6H > j.S > j.P > dj.S > j.6H > j.214S > j.236H [175 DM]

wait, since when did Sin had a 236D move?

And can anyone help me with 236K CH move combo?

the 236D is most likely a 236H

As for the combo for 236K most of them are easy but if you want a quick and easy confirm you have this

236K CH>short dash (if needed)>c.S>5H>6H>jump cancel>j.S>j.P>j.S>double jump>j.K>j.S>j.6H>j236H

Pretty much the easiest and most stable route you can have ! just input everything quickly, and it should work against almost every character/ weight class if you're close enough !

the 236D is most likely a 236H

As for the combo for 236K most of them are easy but if you want a quick and easy confirm you have this

236K CH>short dash (if needed)>c.S>5H>6H>jump cancel>j.S>j.P>j.S>double jump>j.K>j.S>j.6H>j236H

Pretty much the easiest and most stable route you can have ! just input everything quickly, and it should work against almost every character/ weight class if you're close enough !

thanks, but doesnt he have something more damaging?

I thought he had something like

236K CH,623S,214S,214P, jS6H, land 5S,5H,6H, JC jump combo.

I can do this on Ky pretty easy Ky but keep dropping on Sol (probably again, weight difference) 

Oh shit I'm sorry. I should edit that. I must have missed it when writing it down and then copypasting everything.

thanks, but doesnt he have something more damaging?

I thought he had something like

236K CH,623S,214S,214P, jS6H, land 5S,5H,6H, JC jump combo.

I can do this on Ky pretty easy Ky but keep dropping on Sol (probably again, weight difference) 

That will also depend on the distance that you hit them with 236K at when you get the CH.

I honestly haven't found good reasons to attempt red hawk baker in combos. They don't seem to lead to that much more damage for the extra calories you're spending, and it seems like the combos are more spacing and height dependent than the standard bnbs so you're more likely to mess it up. Am I just crazy?

I honestly haven't found good reasons to attempt red hawk baker in combos. They don't seem to lead to that much more damage for the extra calories you're spending, and it seems like the combos are more spacing and height dependent than the standard bnbs so you're more likely to mess it up. Am I just crazy?

It actually largely depends on how stable your starter is : things like 236K CH,236H CH,214S or 6P combos are harder to 623S confirm because the pushback and distance make the combos unreliable. But you should always go for critical loops whenever you get one of the stable  starters (6H CH or not, 3K on crouchers, 2D point blank,2H, air c.S for  burst bait and punish situations, j.6H, j214S CH and other more situational ones).

Critical combos for those add quite some damage, but also and more essentially give you better okis : 214S used as an ender gives you time to eat AND attempt a mixup with your resplenished gauge on mid and heavier chars, and 5H finisher for optimal combos let you eat + get a meaty, which is huge for your pressure game

Here is an example on Sol

- 6H CH> dash> c.S> 5H> 6H> j.S> j.K> j.S> dj> j.K> j.S> j.6H> j236H : 204 damage which is already good + only 1kcal but subpar okizeme options. The good thing is that this is virtually impossible to miss and incredibly stable, and it's possible to bait bursts almost all the way through

- 6H CH> dash> c.S> 5H> 6H> 623(crit)> 214S> 214P[4]> j.6H> cS> 5.H  223 damage for only 2k cal more (3k total) : a bit harder to perform but relatively stable on all the cast if you know how to modify your combo routes according to their weight. 5H oki as I said is awesome. you can add a bit of damage with a short air chain to get at 240 damage but it's at the cost of okizeme

- 6H CH> dash> c.S> 5H> 6H> 623(crit)> 214S> 214P[4]> j.6H> 5H> 623(crit)> 214S 240 damage 6kcal. much harder to perform but 214S oki is crazy : you have time to make yourself a sandwich before they wake-up, so get your fill and then mix them up ! you cant get the KO on 6H CH and 236H CH confirms on lightweights, but you can get it just fine on other starters if you hit them low enough ! !

- 6H CH> dash> c.S> 5H> 6H> 623(crit)> 214S> 214P[4]> j.6H> (5H)> 623(crit)> 214S> 214P[4]> j.6H> c.S> 5.H 256 damage 6kcal not  huge when you compare this to the previous combo, but still +50 damage from the simple combo, which is far from being nothing, especially since you also get a decent oki in the process ! 6H is a bad example here for lightweights since you need to slightly modify the combo on them for 6H CH and 236H CH, but just adding the (5H) and getting the right timing makes it perfectly fine for all the other  starters !

Don't forget that RISC has a huge role to play in this too : since 623(crit) and 214S have huge base damage, and cranked up RISC stops damage scaling, the damage bonus you get from critical combos is increased and you can get up to +100 damage compared to a normal air chain !

At the end of the day every single one of these combos are useful, you just need to know what you want when you get dat 6H CH, and get the better combo depending on your resources and execution.  Critical combos do make a difference, and  even if you won't use them at all times, you have to use them to make it count when the situation calls for it : you get that much more reward(this was damage midscreen, 236[H] stuff makes all of this hurt even more) for your trouble.

As it is the case for all optimizations, you can get by without them, but they are there and they serve a definite purpose, they wouldn't be "optimized" otherwise xD

The easiest way to guarantee the red bakers is from a 2D landed in close range. This is easier to land than you may think by conditioning people to stand up when you run up to them by doing run up jD which is an overhead and then once they have been properly conditioned going for the 2D>623S confirm.

Another way which is very easy to confirm and quite optimal is the max range fS>236H rc confirms where you get to follow with the run up 6H and do the usual combo.

Finally, any time you land a punish of some sort by doing 2H or 6H, those are all prime chances for a red baker BnB.

How much food it uses shouldn't matter since you're gonna be eating in the end anyways and Sin doesn't get many chances to hit people so maximizing each of them really matters a lot.

- 6H CH> dash> c.S> 5H> 6H> 623(crit)> 214S> 214P[4]> j.6H> (5H)> 623(crit)> 214S> 214P[4]> j.6H> c.S> 5.H 256 damage 6kcal not huge when you compare this to the previous combo, but still +50 damage from the simple combo, which is far from being nothing, especially since you also get a decent oki in the process ! 6H is a bad example here for lightweights since you need to slightly modify the combo on them for 6H CH and 236H CH, but just adding the (5H) and getting the right timing makes it perfectly fine for all the other starters !

Most of the time you can also 236[h]>j214k-6>jk>2h(2)>5h>214h off of that after the second 214S, too. Does a bit more damage in those cases where you're nearing the corner (which is most of the time thankfully).

I just want to add that the first eat is always 10K calories, regardless if you used 1K or 7K in a combo. If you are going heavy on the block strings with no reward and getting hungry then I can understand conserving calories BUT if you get that first CH and you start moving in for that lengthy Combo. Put it all out there until you reach that last calorie and once you get that hard knock down, eat up and your ready to go. Don't forget that you do need to practice harder combos, and condition yourself to recognize which route is best based on character and situation. When you watch those match Vids and you see those insane hit confirms you think, that's the difference between a mediocre sin and a good sin. 

Even if the thought is that you can easily get 190 or 200 with 4K versus 240 and spend 9K... once you get the hard knock down at the end and eat, your calories are back where they started and they are 40 health closer to loosing the round. One thing about GG is that its really not over until they are dead comebacks are too real. I know every Sin player here has reached that point in a match where you are jamming HS on "I'm sure I'll hit something!" at the last sliver of life thinking Just a little more!

Hey guys! I made a video with some of Sin's jH instant overhead setups I've seen from JP players, they look ridiculously useful. None of the setups require Voltic Deign and the description contains all character specifics I could find in training mode. I hope y'all find it useful!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjzziCPQBN0

the point of doing low food combos is to preserve momentum by allowing you to go in for a mixup after knockdown, even air combo beak ender will let you get a vault in safe jump at the very least

when the opponent is under around 30-40% youll want to do more rtl instead for damage because of how poor his damage scaling gets on chars with 3-5 guts

Eshi: I didn't test damage, but off j.H in the corner. falling j.S j.K works on everyone besides Faust/May/Leo, and I think it's probably a better route.

props to CH j.H > j.214S though. I've never seen that one.

the point of doing low food combos is to preserve momentum by allowing you to go in for a mixup after knockdown, even air combo beak ender will let you get a vault in safe jump at the very least

when the opponent is under around 30-40% youll want to do more rtl instead for damage because of how poor his damage scaling gets on chars with 3-5 guts

Completely agree with RTL being better against opponents with higher guts. This is the go-to way for all the ground confirms and air enders when the opponent is running low on life  :

about high food combos 5H ender height at a reasonable  is often around + 20 after the refill so you still get whatever you want as a meaty,  and if you really want to be an ass, a sweetspot 214S in critical combos allow you to cancel with a refill and still lets you do safe-jumps and mixups. In any case momentum is definitely preserved when you use higher damage combos, especially since you can get some pressure going with a full gauge !

Hey guys! I made a video with some of Sin's jH instant overhead setups I've seen from JP players, they look ridiculously useful. None of the setups require Voltic Deign and the description contains all character specifics I could find in training mode. I hope y'all find it useful!

Nice video ! It's really comprehensive and useful, thanks a lot, Eshi !

Don't forget that you can actually confirm jH instant cross-ups with j.6H  even midscreen on everybody except Millia and Chipp (j.S is required on them) and May and Faust. It makes all your combo prorate much less so more stability and damage. But for it to work you need :

-Lowest IAD, meaning you have to buffer it during a blockstring or be very very fast with your input

-cancel the j.D/j236H in it's very first frames to get the j.6H to link.

It's much harder though, so might as well settle with the more stable j.S >j.6H route in most cases !

sweet spot bull bash is definitely the strongest oki but it's somewhat difficult to setup 

and 2hs blocked 50/50 works on everyone, including faust on the rising j.hs but not sure if you can even hit the rc j.s on him afterward, might need j.d startup rc

Great Video! definitely going to work that into my matches, Really liked the one touch kill at the end too. 

There's no way to hit Faust/May/Leo with falling j.S iirc. It's pretty much a lost case. Even if it can be done in arcane situations, I don't think it's feasible to go for.

Faust gets hit by the corner crossup j.H tho :3c

I'm not sure what RTL does against higher guts...? I mean, hellfire, sure, but past that, most routes I tested work about the same at low life.

IK routes in the corner, on the other hand, give you a LOT of reach to finish off an opponent in round 2 for 50 meter. Very good to know if your opponent has no burst.

Thank you for posting this, it gave me a bunch of ideas ^^ I might find a use for 5HS 2hit in the corner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrqGuOrE82A

Edit: iad>JHS>RC>J6HS>2HS(2hit)>5HS(1hit)>6HS>623S>214S>236[HS]>2366[HS]>ecc is the most damaging route I've found in the corner with JHS RC, 270 dmg on Sol

Edit 2: Lol, if you use (corner) 2HS 3 hit on block then IAD JHS>RC>same combo above you can get 303 dmg on Sol

I got a midscreen throw combo:

Throw RC 66 c.S 5H 6H j.S j.P j.S dj.S j.6H j.214S j.236H (optional j.632146H)

Tested on Sol, 156 damage or so without the R.T.L; 192 with. You will get lower damage if you do the c.S too soon; you have to wait until the RC slow has worn off sufficiently to get full damage. It's not very hard, though; you just want to wait until the enemy's body is about at the height of Sin's. Seems to work on other characters, though I haven't done extensive testing.

c.S aircombo is the route to go if you're starving, although I would probably eat if it weren't going to (near)kill.

Otherwise, I think the hot midscreen route atm is throw RC 214K6 DP. Almost always gets corner, big damage, etc etc etc.