Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RurouniLoneWolf

[Xrd] Sin Video Thread

I'd actually have to say that JT's Sin is a bit more solid than BLEED. BLEED is really good at AA and counter poking though, his conversions aren't quite down on point yet. JT seems to have better matchup knowledge as well. 

These are basically duplicate videos but I feel that Jourdal is missing quite a bit of footage from BLEED's stream. I'm gonna post Goldenrody's vids since there's over 3 hrs worth.

Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaovMLD0vR8

Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdumeocCwzY

Part 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvEXNCHS7sI

Thanks guys for the other BLEED vids!

I'd actually have to say that JT's Sin is a bit more solid than BLEED. BLEED is really good at AA and counter poking though, his conversions aren't quite down on point yet. JT seems to have better matchup knowledge as well. 

You may be right, after all that was just my impression after seeing 1 match set, but what he did in this one was pretty impressive IMO. I don't think BLEED is lacking that much on conversions though I really liked the stuff he pulled off in this set especially that pick up after CH 236H here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=wj7_Z0Opk_w#t=824

But to be fair I haven't seen other matches of him yet and the only matches I saw from JT is pretty much him getting owned over and over by monsters like Ogawa or Woshige... Need to see more match of both to have a definite opinion.

Yeah that conversion was actually really amazing. I've never thought about it and great presence of mind to go straight to eating. It's hard to say since they played FT2's as opposed to long sets that JT played against the others. JT got downloaded in the long sets after awhile. 

I thought that CH combo was like, one of Sin's first trials.

Positive I've seen it, but too lazy to check right now.

Still I guess between BLEED and JT we have to pick what we can get, it'll be exciting to see a Sin player pull ahead and take dominance.

Hey guys, newbie lurker here

Here's some of my gameplay. I had so much fun at this tourney that I've been addicted to grinding out the game since haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuGFAaBOOy8#t=12m50s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38Mz0THEGv0#t=6m25s

Right now I'm working on learning 5H loops and the beak driver loop to up my damage in general so I would appreciate any advice people can give me. Something like which characters it doesn't work on or which variations to do because I can't really find anything like that in this forum.  I'm still struggling oki timing using the pole vault ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZziAN9m4sQ#t=8s ) so any advice on that setup or just general tips would be appreciated.

Sorry if its not in the right spot, didn't really know where else to put this post.

We had 29 peeps this Friday for our local SD tourney. Got third place:

http://www.twitch.tv/sandiegofgc/b/612140511

Sin matches at:

1:21:00

1:49:00-2:02:00

2:14:00

2:29:00

Just a few tips from what I saw, when you cancel to command jump, try to hold backwards on the stick if its out of blockstun and you know they like to anti air. You can steer it away from them and bait anti airs or air throw attempts, or backwards air dash and reset the situation. Also try to get out of the habit of using j.H for air to ground. I know its tempting because of the hitbox but most of the time you can't convert and you end up leaving yourself open afterwards. j.S is definitely the better option for most situations. Only exception is like... cross ups. 

Otherwise good stuff though. 5S is really all you need against Ky. Try to abuse it more and bully him into not pressing buttons so much, then you can work your other stuff like 6H. 6H is not so good at getting control of neutral since your hurtbox moves forward before the hitbox so you can end up just throwing yourself into pokes, but if you know they wanna respect the 5S, then you can start doing it to get in close stuff going. 

The problem with 5S is that stun dipper low profiles it and the people I was fighting would yolo stun dipper whenever they had 50 meter just to avoid 5S bullying. As for jH, I use it as a way of catching a jump out attempt as much as an air to ground since air to air jH can actually be hitconfirmed into 236H. jS is for when I expect it to actually land on a grounded foe.

Yeah but... You get to yolo slide his best poke too. Except yours doesn't cost meter, is +3 on block, and leads to big meter less damage on ch (and hit?)

The problem with 5S is that stun dipper low profiles it and the people I was fighting would yolo stun dipper whenever they had 50 meter just to avoid 5S bullying. As for jH, I use it as a way of catching a jump out attempt as much as an air to ground since air to air jH can actually be hitconfirmed into 236H. jS is for when I expect it to actually land on a grounded foe.

That's what 2S is here for! If you space it properly, it beats stundipper cleanly. I've been also using it to beat Sol's grandviper. It totally shuts down low-profile dash specials.

Not to sound like a dick, but you have a big problem if you allow Ky to throw out YOLO stundipper everytime he has 50%. You need to BAIT moves.

Do not let f.S become a crutch.

j.S is incredible for safe pole vault setups on oki. I usually use j,HS when I expect my opponent to have too much lenience on AA timing, because it's hella hard to get down. That also often means CH hits, which makes confirming a whole lot easier.

I personally like j.P as a air-to-air a lot better. It's more reliable when it comes to beating Ky's j.K and other godly aerial attacks. Not only that, it gives you a lot more lenience on hitconfirm AND I believe it nets you more damage too. j.HS as an air-to-air is pretty poor, it needs to be used preemptively... But there's j.6HS that is honestly better if you're going to do a preemptive strike anyway.

Some decent casuals i had yesterday vs my sparring partner's elphelt ( excuse the bad video quality ) :

http://youtu.be/PQLfjMRiApQ

If you don't mind, I'm gonna give you a bit of constructive criticism.

First things first, stop special canceling elk hunt when it gets normal blocked. The move is already + on block, except when instant blocked. Not only that, deathblows into deathblows have a multiplier, which is why you often end up with no more calories.

Instead, do elk hunt > 2P/2K/2S/3K, that will net you Counterhits all day. If blocked, you can gatling into 5D/2D. And if they respect it, you can run up grab or j.D.

Second, you should work on BnBs. Elk hunt > Beak driver > Elk hunt > Beak driver might seem good due to the easy damage, but it's suboptimal when it comes to calories use. Not to mention it doesn't work on the whole cast.

Third, your use of meter is a huge waste as it is. I've noticed that you keep RC'ing when your opponent blocks your elk hunt > beak driver > elk hunt > beak driver pressure and you run out of calories. While I understand that your RC is to keep pressure going, it's bad use of it.

Instead, use empty YRC > eat to slow them down and screw up their dash/run/airdash motion or eat > YRC to make sure you get to block whatever's coming, if they're already on their way towards you. There's also DAA, RTL (defense), Voltic Deign and damaging RC combos (offense) you can go for.

When I first started, I had to cancel hunger recovery like twice a round. Nowadays, it usually doesn't happen to me at all. That allows me optimize my game with better results. It allows me to get out of tight situations easily, and close the show when my meterless combo isn't damaging enough.

Fourth and last for now, learn Pole vault setups and overall get acquainted with the move, it is AMAZING. As it is now, you have no Oki game whatsoever. That means little opportunity for comebacks, little control over the pace of the match. Whenever you end your combos, it's back to neutral.

You already have your spacing down and you know when there are holes in your opponents' pressure, so I have to give you the props for that.

I made a combo video of the stuff that i use when i play Sin. Tried to include a variation off of every different hit. Wasn't able to add any of the fancy beak driver loops or extended IAD corner combos. (too hard on the dpad). It's my first combo video ever, hope you guys enjoy it.

Check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pcfoqXZ6xY   

Yeah but... You get to yolo slide his best poke too. Except yours doesn't cost meter, is +3 on block, and leads to big meter less damage on ch (and hit?)

Problem being, Sin's slide doesn't instantly become active while Ky's does (5f startup) so if I were to also yolo slide, I'd lose to everything (including Ky doing yolo slide). Sin's slide is particular in that it doesn't become active till it approaches the foe in a certain range and closer so if your foe has moves longer than this "activation range" to always leave out whenever it may be potentially feasible for you to slide, it seals this option unless you wanna take a stupid huge risk.

That's what 2S is here for! If you space it properly, it beats stundipper cleanly. I've been also using it to beat Sol's grandviper. It totally shuts down low-profile dash specials.

Not to sound like a dick, but you have a big problem if you allow Ky to throw out YOLO stundipper everytime he has 50%. You need to BAIT moves.

Do not let f.S become a crutch.

j.S is incredible for safe pole vault setups on oki. I usually use j,HS when I expect my opponent to have too much lenience on AA timing, because it's hella hard to get down. That also often means CH hits, which makes confirming a whole lot easier.

I personally like j.P as a air-to-air a lot better. It's more reliable when it comes to beating Ky's j.K and other godly aerial attacks. Not only that, it gives you a lot more lenience on hitconfirm AND I believe it nets you more damage too. j.HS as an air-to-air is pretty poor, it needs to be used preemptively... But there's j.6HS that is honestly better if you're going to do a preemptive strike anyway.

Baiting 236K is still gonna allow them to continue pressure and 2S can be somewhat too slow at times so it can lose. Trust me I do bait it, it's just why I don't fS as much as you suggested. I'm explaining the situation. I don't fS as much as you suggested BECAUSE I'm baiting the slide.

jP is great for air to air but not off of a pole vault. I like it as a rising jump normal to throw out since it's active for 6 frames. jH on the other hand has a wider hitbox but it's slower so it's better suited to throw off of a pole vault since in this situation you have a lot of time to become airborn so it has time to become active.

As for j6H, I like gatling that off of jS on standing foes the most if I'm high enough that it'll actually hit since it pulls them in. air to air it would be good too but I think the range is much more iffy in a way that makes it uncertain if it'll whiff or not based on their relative height which isn't something you can react to while you can react to them standing and if you've conditioned them to keep standing through jH>jD blockstrings it's a pretty safe bet to go for so that you can do longer pressure strings as you land.

Finally, regarding beating moves such as stun dipper and grand viper. 3K alll the way. Unlike 2S, 3K is fully disjointed. You need a perfectly timed 2S to do what most 3Ks will do. It's just slower which is a problem but not a major one. You also get tasty damage off of it on counter thanks to the 6H gatling and the stagger counterhit state it causes.

Baiting 236K is still gonna allow them to continue pressure and 2S can be somewhat too slow at times so it can lose. Trust me I do bait it, it's just why I don't fS as much as you suggested. I'm explaining the situation. I don't fS as much as you suggested BECAUSE I'm baiting the slide.

jP is great for air to air but not off of a pole vault. I like it as a rising jump normal to throw out since it's active for 6 frames. jH on the other hand has a wider hitbox but it's slower so it's better suited to throw off of a pole vault since in this situation you have a lot of time to become airborn so it has time to become active.

As for j6H, I like gatling that off of jS on standing foes the most if I'm high enough that it'll actually hit since it pulls them in. air to air it would be good too but I think the range is much more iffy in a way that makes it uncertain if it'll whiff or not based on their relative height which isn't something you can react to while you can react to them standing and if you've conditioned them to keep standing through jH>jD blockstrings it's a pretty safe bet to go for so that you can do longer pressure strings as you land.

Finally, regarding beating moves such as stun dipper and grand viper. 3K alll the way. Unlike 2S, 3K is fully disjointed. You need a perfectly timed 2S to do what most 3Ks will do. It's just slower which is a problem but not a major one. You also get tasty damage off of it on counter thanks to the 6H gatling and the stagger counterhit state it causes.

Hmm.. You must've read wrong. I didn't suggest you should use f.S more, I actually said to use it adequately and not rely on it too much. If we're talking about elk hunt baiting, I only see the move as useful on neutral against projectiles, since it's not upper body invincible, but projectile invincible. The move's so obvious it shouldn't be thrown randomly on neutral. Even Ky's f.S actually beats it.

If we're talking about Beak driver range, 2S isn't ever too slow. It's spacing-dependent. Either way, stundipper is unsafe on block unless your opponent has 50%. Meaning that they're barely supposed to use the move. If they do, that's because they don't respect your stagger pressure.

I've never said to use j.P off of pole vault, though. So we're using it the same way. It can even beat out Ky's j.K when used as a rising normal, pretty amazing. j.6HS is great as a jump back air-to-air (lots of counterhits) and used with pole vault.

I also didn't think of using 3K against slide moves, because I'm still pretty bad at spacing it. So thank you for this tip