Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RurouniLoneWolf

[Xrd] Sin Video Thread

Sol is a fair and balanced character after all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jDyOTWnsvc

Starts off with Sin vs Bed. Bedman seems to still be a difficult matchup post patch.

Edit:

https://youtu.be/4jDyOTWnsvc?t=32m37s

Same vid. Is this combo doable on console right now? I never tried to do something off of counter hit 6p, but this is certainly better than the  whiffed far s you'd normally get at that range.

damn that Sol's win was hella fraudulent, I'm mad now -_-

He landed to the ground while recovering from his burst BETWEEN the mash H stabs, what can you do, Sin was just unlucky as hell.

Sol is a fair and balanced character after all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jDyOTWnsvc

Starts off with Sin vs Bed. Bedman seems to still be a difficult matchup post patch.

Edit:

https://youtu.be/4jDyOTWnsvc?t=32m37s

Same vid. Is this combo doable on console right now? I never tried to do something off of counter hit 6p, but this is certainly better than the  whiffed far s you'd normally get at that range.

Yes 6P counterhit combos into 214S in this game too.

You do 6P > 214S if you think the anti-air will counterhit, otherwise you do 6P > 5S and hope that you get cS. Venom has an identical consistency problem with his 6P.

Is there a terrible consequence if you go for 214s on a not counter hit? Do you leave yourself open to being punished yourself?

Is there a terrible consequence if you go for 214s on a not counter hit? Do you leave yourself open to being punished yourself?

There's 3 outcomes to this:

1) They air tech as early as possible and don't FD. 214S resets them for a huge combo.

2) They air tech as early as possible and do FD. Neutral situation.

3) They air tech slightly late, you whiff 214S and die. 

Actually I believe if they tech asap it still whiffs unless you didn't do 214S right after 6P. It always does vs the training bot set to tech instantly anyhow, so it's REALLY bad to just autopilot into it.

Thankfully in 1.1 we get to jump cancel 6P for those ambiguous situations where it might be too far away for cS to combo. Also funny thing is that in some ranges fS will come out and will actually combo but in that spacing all you can do is 236H.

Updated the first post with all of the footage! Thanks for helping & timestamping stuff!

I thought that always worked? But on a character specific basic, like how 2D > 236K doesn't work on Slayer.

Nah it always was only counterhit-specific from the way I remember it. In any case it definitely didn't work vs chars that 2D>236K works against lol. You can clearly see that after being hit Sol is higher up than he would be in 1.0, they barely get lifted off the ground at all as it is on 1.0.

Nah it always was only counterhit-specific from the way I remember it. In any case it definitely didn't work vs chars that 2D>236K works against lol. You can clearly see that after being hit Sol is higher up than he would be in 1.0, they barely get lifted off the ground at all as it is on 1.0.

Ah okay, the 5H low is super useless so I never used it and couldn't remember. It's definitely a good buff, it at least looks a little like 214S so not entirely unfeasible to hit someone with it.

I thought I noticed the same thing just haven't messed with it in 1.0 for a sanity test. second hit in 5H is definitely more flexible. and I don't know if its been mentioned already but the same is true for the float on elk hunt. Looks easier to follow up with a normal c.S

And probably belongs in the matchup thread but I noticed Elphelts grenade goes away once she is hit in the patch, there goes 90% of her pressure game, that with eddie's recovery nurfs, Sin's moving up the food chain.

Second hit of 5H is useful in certain situations where people underestimate its range. It's not as much of a good mixup as it is a move to punish people eager to get up. Also it's pretty safe to eat off of it if they blocked it around max range. Also if they block 5H(1) you can do a little 50-50 with it and jD, though 5H whiffs crouchers so it's not the best thing to use on block. What I mostly tend to use it at is after a pretty far away fS after having gotten my foe to stop trying to do stuff after fS.

Dude, that's the fanboy color, everyone's gonna pick that. Same thing with color 7 for Sol.

It is? I just like how his clothes/pole are the same shade of black/red as the electricity he uses.

What even decides this? lol

What is color 7 for sol?  I rock 6, its the most solid snake.

Oh yeah and for Sol I use the ganguro color. Yellow DI ftw.