Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TAI-X

Street Fighter V announced

Charlie has Wesker teleports, Rugal's Genocide Cutter as his Flash Kick, the Moonsault Kick from Marvel vs. Capcom 2, and a Raging Demon as his super? Instant main.

His new voice also sounds very familiar.

I thought they'd at least have the dignity to leave Charlie dead 'cause that's been a significant plot point since Guile's ending in SFII, but of course this is Capcom we're talking about. Seems like the storyline in this one is gonna be MK levels of dorky, like when Liu Kang was brought back as a zombie after having been definitively killed in the opening of the previous game.

I'm half expecting Sagat to show up with a glowing cyborg eye in place of his eyepatch.

I thought they'd at least have the dignity to leave Charlie dead 'cause that's been a significant plot point since Guile's ending in SFII, but of course this is Capcom we're talking about. Seems like the storyline in this one is gonna be MK levels of dorky, like when Liu Kang was brought back as a zombie after having been definitively killed in the opening of the previous game.

I'm half expecting Sagat to show up with a glowing cyborg eye in place of his eyepatch.

I thought they just found his dog tags and assumed him dead, I kinda doubt he is a zombie or something that crazy. They kinda hinted at Charlie being alive for a while now, I think, like Abel mentioning another Sonic Boom user. Though, people said that was probably Seth. Eh, moving on, atleast it isn't that weird shadow Charlie from MvC.

Edit: I take that back, he pretty much is Shadow Charlie. But atleast he isn't completely black.

Seems like the storyline in this one is gonna be MK levels of dorky, like when Liu Kang was brought back as a zombie after having been definitively killed in the opening of the previous game.

At least that was creative.  I think a better comparison would be post-90s SNK bringing back dead characters for the most absurd reasons imaginable.  In any case, Capcom stopped giving a shit about continuity in SF after SF3.  Unless they turn around and retcon SF4, that game screwed up the series' timeline beyond repair.

I'm incredibly disappointed now. There were 2 different schedules on this weekend's stream to have Street Fighter talk, including info about SF5.

What actually happened was some USF4 exhibition matches, talking about USF4 getting a The Best release in Japan, and SF5 basically got a footnote, where they showed Charlie's trailer from a couple of months ago followed by slides that showed Ryu, Chun Li, and Charlie Nash were in the game, and that's it.

Why would you even think of calling this "information" about SF5 when it's been out for several months?! When the hell are we actually getting some more, new, useful info for this game, Crapcom?!

They're trying to push the PS4 release of USFIV right now, because it's coming sooner and it's a more immediate money-making opportunity for them.

This is how modern Capcom thinks.

Dear God . . . Bison has ACTUAL Psycho Power now! D:

SAIKOBOORU~

No teaser this time? That's too bad.

My one true Street Fighter main, now exactly as he should be.

Never again will I have to deal with neutral jumping over fireballs, lest I eat a DP.

Never again will I be totally fucked over by things such as the 3-7 Guile matchup.

The Pax Bisonica is upon us.

My one true Street Fighter main, now exactly as he should be.

Never again will I have to deal with neutral jumping over fireballs, lest I eat a DP.

Never again will I be totally fucked over by things such as the 3-7 Guile matchup.

The Pax Bisonica is upon us.

I'm pretty happy for you, considering that Bison was pretty much a non-threat in SF4. He could be fun, but, he wasn't scary, and you never really had to worry about him. So, congrats on getting some good buffs to your main. I'm sure none of my characters of choice will be back, but, I can hope someone else in the new game appeals to me. Charlie's doing a good job of it.

http://gematsu.com/2015/06/street-fighter-v-adds-v-trigger-v-skill-critical-arts-mechanics-reportedly-launching-march-2016

So we have V-Trigger (unique move that is meter dependant), V-Skill (character-specific defence mechanics) and Critical Arts (Super Combos). Also, a stage set in London.

V-Trigger was mentioned in a rumour posted on NeoGAF a while back.

Edit:

http://gematsu.com/2015/06/street-fighter-v-pre-e3-2015-screenshots

New screenshots

The initial vids made it look like an up-rezzed SF4 to me, but it's starting to look nice

I thought London was Dudley's stage in 3S?

Interesting to see them introduce more and more character-specific mechanics, hope that will be enough to make the differences between Ryu and Ken obvious to everyone.

Finally, SF gets some drastic and interesting system improvements. We now have what are essentially Drives (unique moves for each character) and Instinct Mode from KI. The return of Alpha Counters is awesome too.

The gameplay also looks quite a bit faster than how it looked in earlier builds, which is very good.  Can't wait for the beta. Very excited to have Alpha Bison back.

No one cares about Killer Instinct, tho.

Game had a lot going for it, but was crippled by its shitty F2P model and being incredibly light on content through Season 1 (thanks for forcing it as a launch title, MS!). Also Double Helix's incompetence and inexperience with the genre - though Iron Galaxy, who earned something of an actual pedigree porting Capcom fighters, has done a better job.

Yeah, KI has come a long way from being "that fighting game that's on a console nobody likes".

I really wish it would get ported to PC though.

If only Vulcan, if only...

But yeah, checked out the screens and such with this iterations new mechanics, seems alright, but I was thinking one of the V-? mechanics would have been V-ism or something like that (b-c, SF"V"), but nope. I know you guys mention "Alpha Counters" make their return, but Custom Combo's would have been lols again. But I guess whatever's there in-game is good for now.