Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TAI-X

Street Fighter V announced

I just realized that Bison's new idle animation is godlike. Waves his hands around like Magneto and then folds them. And they stay permanently folded, even in his walking animations. His new normals really showcase his arrogant personality.

Wakamoto characters get all the swag.

This game is looking pretty nice indeed. Graphics are pretty, which is more than anyone can say for SF4, and it seems to run at a decent clip now. Everyone feels revitalized, except maybe Ryu. Charlie's still really hype, and I can't wait to play as him. I like a lot of the returning and new mechanics as well. Also curious to see who gets added later (E3 will have a character or two for sure).

There's an unconfirmed rumor that the game will have 4 new characters by the time it releases. Not sure if the new Charlie counts as one, but the rumor said 4 and mentions only 3 (Rachid from Africa, Zen from India, and Laura from Brazil). All i'm hoping for is a fun, diverse roster. And a character with rekkas.

the most interesting for me was about netplay. Capcom tried to do their own clone of ggpo adapted for 3D in SFxT, but they taked too long to figure out how to sound syncro and ended up taking it out of the game (after that launch full of bugs).

Now they suposedly figured out this and included crossplay for ps4 vs pc. They giving it a name ("Kagemusha") created some expeculation...that capcom or sony might do like ggpo, selling the netcode as part of a development kit...

Cammy and Birdie revealed. I'm still not hyped.

Birdie almost looks like he turned white again, lol. Wonder if they'll finally start pulling SFIII's weirdos (Twelve/Necro/Q/Oro) out of retirement with this one - they're clearly focused on bringing over Alpha's leftovers right now. I expect at least one of the SFII Original 8 to be absent from the starting vanilla cast this time, because that's enough to make it seem bold and groundbreaking at this point.

Or hell, put Remy in it. If they can have SIX characters with hadoukens in SFIV, why not have THREE sonic boomers?

Birdie looks terrible. They really fucked his design up bad.

Cammy...I'll just hope she isn't stupid like she is in SF4. I've always liked her, but SF4 made me hate her and Sakura.

I see nothing wrong about the new Birdie, but that's probably because I never really cared about his design. Did anyone else did? As long as he's recognizable, it's fine, and he is.

It also helps that his gameplay sounds better than most of the SF4 roster (but then again, I'm a sucker for long-ranged grabs).

Ya, I mean wtf. Don't be messing with the man's hawk like that.

Birdie being a charge character / grappler tickles a special spot in me.

As for his design...I first went wtf when he looked fat now.  Though it looks like when he does certain moves he sucks it in and you see his muscles like in Alpha.

I expect them to reveal a new character since they have done returning cast.  No I don't consider Nash a new character.

Ya, I mean wtf. Don't be messing with the man's hawk like that.

He still got the swaghawk, just that it doesn't have a silly ass hole in it anymore lol.

The moveset changes he got looking real appealing right now.  Already playing theory fighter of trapping people into grab range with the leftovers.

Birdie being a charge character / grappler tickles a special spot in me.

As for his design...I first went wtf when he looked fat now.  Though it looks like when he does certain moves he sucks it in and you see his muscles like in Alpha.

I expect them to reveal a new character since they have done returning cast.  No I don't consider Nash a new character.

Birdie no longer hast any charge moves whatsoever.

That makes me sad.

V-Skill: Break Time (MP+MK, variants with stick motions)

V-Trigger: Enjoy Time (HP+HK)

V-Reversal: Pepper Pot (During guard, towards+PPP)

Bull Head (HCF+P)

Bull Horn (Hold any P and release)

Hanging Chain (QCF+K)

Killing Head (HCB+P)

Bull Revenger (HCB+K)

Skip to My Chain (2xQCF+P)

He still pretty much has everything, just, they ditched charges for motions and 360s for HCB/HCF

This seems to be much more fun than SF IV. It has better dynamic, it's quicker, characters seem fun... My only gripe is that characters die to quickly. I feel like if they had about 15% more health, to survive 1 or 2 more combos, it would seem right.

Nah. You screw up, get fucked. Sf2 style.

I don't see how you can call those characters boring but then want Mika who was literally rushed out for ALpha 3.

Mika is good because of her skintight bodysuit and being a non-Zangief grappler... Oh, wait.

Nah. You screw up, get fucked. Sf2 style.

Yeah, I get that, I understand where they are coming from, but I'd just like a little bit longer rounds. Anyway, all of this is not final, there'll be beta, we'll see.

SF4's not going to cease to exist. PLay that if you want lower damage.

My overall impressions:

-Projectiles look better, fireball zoning might be a thing again for Ryu.

-Damage is overall higher and some characters make it very clear, right Birdie? High damage can be inflicted even at earlier points of the match, giving more reason to encourage meter/resource management.

-Stun has a bigger role now, which is a great!

-DPs are considerably weaker. Heck, they dont have enough invul, damage and are very very risky since you can no longer safely cancel them. This just doesnt fit the "high risk/high reward" in the game's context, where you can get punished badly at any point in the match.

-The Variable Meter is interesting because it gives more options for characters to work around their weaknesses or augment their strengths. A very flexible tool.

I'm liking the game so far, but they need to flesh out Birdie a little more so he's just not a "character-than-can-confirm-anything-into-high-damage-off-anything" kind.

SF3 still has its scene, I doubt 4 will go away.

I can't imagine anyone playing 4 when 5 is clearly a step up and evolution to its predecessor. Why people would play MK9 where there is MKX?

I also highly doubt 4 will remain as interesting as 3S or ST, because 4 has less depth, but who knows!

As expected, they simplified birdie imputs for specials and supers to make him more easy to use, and in compensation nerfed special proprieties.

It's less visible because his normals get buffed a lot but well, i'm happy seeing him again.

Birdie brings a lot of hope for other chars that we don't saw in a long time, from alpha and sf3 cast.