Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TAI-X

Street Fighter V announced

I mean, yeah, sure, they take inspiration from the same source, but it's still funny how both of them use the mic to build up hype along with the damage. Most games would leave that for story mode dialogue or whatever.

You mean the Order Sol mechanic to power up your moves with an special?

Which i am sure was done before on other games, even on capcom games?

You mean the Order Sol mechanic to power up your moves with an special?

Which i am sure was done before on other games, even on capcom games?

None of those have been done by shouting in a mic, to my knowledge.

None of those have been done by shouting in a mic, to my knowledge.

Because a mic changes everything.

Because a mic changes everything.

You don't have to change much to change everything. A little bit of flavor goes a long way to make people care about the character. If HOS's power-up mechanic wasn't just "He levels up, that's it", maybe people wouldn't be so miffed about him having a chance at winning the Xrd poll.

In other news, Khaos Gaming is starting to upload English Dub SF5 footage from PAX.

-All returning characters (thus far) retain their original VAs.

-No idea who Nash's VA is but he sounds a bit like English dubbed Sol in Xrd.

-Birdie's VA is TJ Storm (Agnus in DMC4, Strider in MVC3, Marduk as of TTT2, Edge Master in Soul Calibur 5)

-Necalli sounds like Kaiji Tang (Faust in Xrd)

-Mika sounds eerily similar to Naruto's English VA.

Mika's actress is the same as Naruto's, just like her Japanese voice is the same. It was a funny idea to have her have the same actress for Japanese and English. My only complaints with the dub as of yet is that Nash just doesn't sound serious enough, and Birdie doesn't have a British accent.

As I hear Charlie's English voice more and more, I feel like his tone jumps around far too much. It just doesn't feel right. Going to switch him to Japanese ASAP. Just like how after hearing English Sol (who I believe to be Charlie's VA) I switched immediately to Japanese for Xrd.

You don't have to change much to change everything. A little bit of flavor goes a long way to make people care about the character. If HOS's power-up mechanic wasn't just "He levels up, that's it", maybe people wouldn't be so miffed about him having a chance at winning the Xrd poll.

The fact that you are serious makes it more hilarious.

Also, the idiots here getting salty that HOS (GOAT) could win the pol is because he is not their waifu of choice. It has nothing to do with his gameplay or in this case how his animations are done.

Also, the idiots here getting salty that HOS (GOAT) could win the pol is because he is not their waifu of choice. It has nothing to do with his gameplay or in this case how his animations are done.

Because you're totally not rallying for your character of choice? I'll still stand by my point too, we don't need Sol 2 until we get other characters in. I like Order Sol, but no. There's still Testament, Anji, Bridget, Zappa, and several others who should be in before we should be even entertaining reduxes like Order Sol. I'm not an idiot for feeling this way, but, you are a sheep if you feel like I am.

This pol is intended for the core players on the scene that matters to ASW when it comes to their target demographic, if they want HOS so beat it.

It is precisely for that reason why this pol is made via the arcade game and not online, so the players can decide.

That way ASW knows what characters to put their focus on based on player's preferences instead of wasting their time on characters like Bridget who would be played by no one.

If you can't understand that and are mad about it, then yeah, i think that you are an idiot.

I would like to get Testament as well, but i am not losing my sleep and making dumb posts here because HOS is probably getting 1st on Xrd.

Yeah, Heta and Tekka, umm, wrong topic? @_@?

I am sorry.

Why wouldn't I be serious when my original point was about the mechanics and the animation matching in two different games? You're missing it in its entirety if you ignore the animation.

They just had to show him today of all days, hadn't they?

On a more serious note, I can't help but think of him as a djinn version of Joe Higashi. He's also going to have lots of fun jumping around in the Vega match-up. For some reason, I like him less than Hakan, even though Hakan has worse design both visually and in gameplay.