Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TAI-X

Street Fighter V announced

Alex is the first DLC character for SF5, releasing in March. A Spanish site claimed that Alex will cost $100,000 in the game's Fight Money, but there's no confirmation of this, so take it as rumor territory on that aspect.

PS3 controller support is also present.

Alex got shown, or art least his design in art form did. There was also a picture of Ibuki with the statues coming out, and the art looked new, but her look was the same, so maybe it was a USF4-based statue.

kE6O35P.png

Alex info.

http://shoryuken.com/2016/03/11/at-ease-loser-get-more-info-on-alexs-return-in-street-fighter-v/

n11OBi0.png

Also, March update details.

-Challenges added

-Trials and tutorials added

-8-player Lobbies added, with spectating

-2/3 rematch function added to Ranked Match, but only if both players agree to it

-Shop contains characters, costumes, colors (only way to get Color 11 for everybody), and fighter profile designs.

http://shoryuken.com/2016/04/18/capcom-offers-a-closer-look-at-april-update-guiles-abilities/

Guile confirmed 2nd DLC character

-Guile now has a crouch walk. He can keep his charge while slowly walking forward.

-V-Skill is Ky's Split Ciel. Places a stationary projectile on the screen that can act as a pressure tool and enhance Sonic Booms when thrown into them.

-V-Trigger is the Nuckledu Special. Puts on the shades and makes all of his punches release Sonic Booms.

-Super is Sonic Hurricane

-Comes with his old SF2 stage for 70,000 Fight Money or for free if you have the Season Pass.

-Matchmaking will be improved and Battle Lounge functionality will be easier.

-Anti-ragequit system will be implemented. Ragequitters will now get banned from matchmaking for a certain amount of time.

EDIT: Story Mode Costume

7DARI1M.jpg

Guile update is live. Will be released at 7:00 PM PDT.

And apparently his theme wasn't good enough so they gave him another one for the Air Force Base stage.

Ibuki confirmed, and looking GOOD! My god that was hype. She looks a lot different than the Ibuki I knew, and I didn't see the double face stomp, but i'm super ok with how she looks!

I am shocked Kusanagi (mexican player) just eliminated PR Balrog out of SFV Japonawa tournament at Tijuana. 

That and Ibuki were most shocking news today lol

Her design really bugs me for some reason. It's like they couldn't decide between giving her the usual school uniform and a proper ninja suit, so they gave her both, even though that makes little to no sense. Basically, it would've been much better without those bracers.

The kote and suneate are actually why I love her design! But I'm a big dweebenheimer for feudal Japanese armor aesthetic, but I'll take this over her functional (if boring) training garb and definitely over just a seifuku.

Either way, don't worry, she'll get training garb for Story costume and then a bunch of truly nonsensical mess for premium costumes ' x' (although I wouldn't mind her casual just shirt and jeans outfit, because Aoko has made me a sucker for the most basic of casual attire as well :x )

Loving this new remix of Twilight. While it doesn't seem to have any traditional Japanese elements to it, it has more of a J-rock feel to it and is fast paced, befitting her status as a ninja.

The trailer theme is liking Part A of the Estate at Noon stage. As for Ibuki's theme itself . . .

I'm conflicted, I like it, I really do, but I was kind of hoping for something more like F.A.N.G's theme, something more out there that would go all in on the Japanese aesthetic (since we're missing a truly folk fusion theme) but this theme has the more electronica stylings common to this OST (not a bad thing) and oddly enough, a more Latin flair with the acoustic guitar.

Balrog confirmed to also be coming in the new update, now scheduled for this Friday, July 1st, along with his old SF2 stage. Theme is apparently a remix of his classic SF2 theme but mixed with his Alpha 3 theme. (And Science Fiction, kappa)

Also Juri and Urien teased.

23 hours ago, TekkamanArk said:

Urien can start off a match in his thong by holding LP+MK+HP before the match starts.

And then the fandom rejoiced, lol! All's is right within the world.