Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TAI-X

Street Fighter V announced

... Carlos Blanka = Charlie.

SF movie is not canon.

You know, I actually like Zangief, and i'm loving his new tools (except that super, get that shit out of here), but, my reaction was this:

GOD FUCKING DAMMIT!!!!!!!!

Was supposed to be Alex (far more interesting grappler) and Urien, not Zangief and (most likely revealed at NYCC) Guile for the last 2 returning character slots.

Here's hoping the last 2 new characters just blow me away, because this roster is super weak right now. Seemingly 8 SF2 characters in a roster of 16? I'm liking a lot of changes to the returning characters, mind you, but just...Jesus, SF3 got no one, and neither did 4 (not that I particularly want anyone from 4 other than Decapre and maybe El Fuerte, but still). SF2 is not THAT damn good that we needed all this. It really should have been an relatively even split between the games, like so:

SF2: Ryu, Chun, Bison

SFA: Nash, Mika, Karin

SF3: Alex, Urien, Sean (SI/GI or NG Sean, not 3S Sean)

SF4: El Fuerte, Decapre, Juri

SF5: Necalli, Rashid, "Laura", "Zen"

Still keeps within 16 characters, more even split to represent all parts of the series, etc.

I never really liked Zangief (and that's despite loving grapplers as a playstyle), but this time, he actually looks fun. Like, even his moves look fun, not just his accent. Not enough for me to pick him over Mika, but the way Capcom has updated all the veterans so far is just great.

I'm excited, especially since I no longer have to deal with 1f link cancels into Green Hand.

Love his new armor properties when his V-Skill is activated. REAL SOVIET NANOMACHINES, SON.

You guys really surprised the quintessential grappler makes an appearance in the quintessential fighting game :V 

You guys really surprised the quintessential grappler makes an appearance in the quintessential fighting game :V 

We did have SF games with no Gief, you know.

Ah, the Brazillian character that isn't Blanka. 

On Gief: I sadly have to join the fans that would've preferred Alex, but at least Gief looks cool. Except for that super, of course.

His V-Trigger reminds me of why I love Tager as a grappler character concept (a grappler who can bring his opponents towards him, rather than have to do it the other way around).

REAL SOVIET NANOMACHINES, SON.

oh my god his skin even changes color when he does his super armor v-skill this is too on the nose

Ugh, looks like the love child of Tekken's Christie and Skrillex. At least she seems to be a BJJ practicioner, judging by the chokeholds - I really don't think we need to see a new capoiera character in a fighting game ever again. Still, I can't view her inclusion as anything other than cynical demographic pandering aimed at roping in the massive Brazilian playerbase (who are all just going to pirate the PC version of this game anyway lol). SNK has been guilty of this too, but Ramon was way cooler and more interesting from the get-go.

Happy to see 'gief. I don't think the problem is the presence of SF2 characters, but that the Alpha and new characters look uninspiring, with the possible exception of Charlie.

A lot of people are creaming themselves on SRK about Laura, but she looks so bland and generic to me.

Looks like she got Chun's ugly giant feet and hands.

Still, I can't view her inclusion as anything other than cynical demographic pandering aimed at roping in the massive Brazilian playerbase (who are all just going to pirate the PC version of this game anyway lol). SNK has been guilty of this too, but Ramon was way cooler and more interesting from the get-go.

Yeah, just like every female character in all fighting games is there to please SJWs :v:

I like her focus on the chokes, though having another female grappler would make both her and Mika a bit less special. Though it seems like she also has a fireball, making her a bit more well-rounded, I assume?

Everything about this new Gief has my dad written all over it. He even told me he's gonna be using that super armor like nobody's business.

And I think Laura looks interesting enough. Her outfit is a little plain but I like the inclusion of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. Also I still believe that her hair is one of the ugliest hair styles on the planet. -_-

Everything about this new Gief has my dad written all over it. He even told me he's gonna be using that super armor like nobody's business.

And I think Laura looks interesting enough. Her outfit is a little plain but I like the inclusion of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. Also I still believe that her hair is one of the ugliest hair styles on the planet. -_-

Lol, left hairstyle (Jacqui Briggs) and right hairstyle (Orchid). Her hairstyle looks okay to me.

Suuuuuuure, a brazilian char having a stage based in Mexico

:v:

She looks hot, though. I liked her design... and she doesn't have MONSTRUOUS feet.