Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TAI-X

Street Fighter V announced

These shadows?SFV_Shadows.thumb.png.011f154c752644b783

I can guarantee you that the 1st one is Alex and the 4th one is Sakura. The reason why is because of the stages they're placed in.

The 1st one is in City of Chaos. Ono himself said that Alex was in this stage and the fact that they made a shadow there must mean Alex.

The 4th one is placed in Kanzuki Estate. Karin "Kanzuki" lives here. Sakura is her rival.

And even just by assuming who the shadows are by the stages, I feel like I can look at the shadows and recognize them as well. The 1st one definitely looks like Alex and the 4th one has all the things you think of when it comes to Sakura such as the headband, the gloves, the skirt. Unless it's just a different schoolgirl. -_-

These shadows?SFV_Shadows.thumb.png.011f154c752644b783

I can guarantee you that the 1st one is Alex and the 4th one is Sakura. The reason why is because of the stages they're placed in.

The 1st one is in City of Chaos. Ono himself said that Alex was in this stage and the fact that they made a shadow there must mean Alex.

The 4th one is placed in Kanzuki Estate. Karin "Kanzuki" lives here. Sakura is her rival.

And even just by assuming who the shadows are by the stages, I feel like I can look at the shadows and recognize them as well. The 1st one definitely looks like Alex and the 4th one has all the things you think of when it comes to Sakura such as the headband, the gloves, the skirt. Unless it's just a different schoolgirl. -_-

Just saying, resource data for 6 characters were also found in the beta for SF5. These specific 6 characters are Ibuki, Alex, Urien, Juri, Guile, and Balrog. Considering they mentioned 6 characters to be added, and there were 6 characters in the files, leads me to think these are the DLC. There were also 2 character files labeled "TUT" and "FAN" (all of the character files are abbreviated, 3 letter names), but none for "ZEN", so I think Zen might be "FAN".

To be more specific about the resource data found, it detailed the amount of bones in the character model, and the amount of triangles used for the models. The models for each of these 6 character files I mentioned were around the same as Ryu's, usually higher actually, though sometimes slightly less.

Looking forward to Urien, Guile, and Juri. Might try Alex. Don't care for Boxer. Hated Ibuki ever since SF4.

F.A.N.G = Fucking Awful New Guy. One of the worst designs I've seen since El Fuerte. He looks like Choi from KOF except stretched to unholy proportions and with a poison motif.

4 hours ago, Vulcan422 said:

F.A.N.G = Fucking Awful New Guy

This is so good. XD

I actually like this new character. Mostly his design. Especially in his actual art, something about it is very ominous to me and I like it a lot.

Spoiler

Street Fighter 5 F.A.N.G. artwork and screen shots image #1

It's also important to note that he is the only new villain character so far. Sure there's Necalli, but I don't think we know enough about him to distinguish him as an actual villain or not. He doesn't seem to fit my tastes in terms of gameplay. But then again, I wouldn't really know until I try him out myself.

Fang looks fine. I like how some people are of the impression that Street Fighter has always been a super realistic series with serious characters but forget that every iteration, even including the ones from the very beginning, have had comical characters not to be taken too seriously. And he's clearly not a joke fighter. Not sure why anyone would think that. Is it because of his appearance and mannerisms? I guess Birdie's a joke character too since he eats donuts and peppers in comical fashions. 

Lets be real here. 

3rd beta has gone live, and Zangief and Dhalsim have been unlocked.

Thoughts

-Zangief is awful. Everything he does, Birdie does better. Losing Green Hand really hurt his threatening status on the ground.

-Dhalsim seems pretty good if you know how to control the vertical space. He lost nearly all of his horizontal control tools. I still think he will be very good in the right hands.

2 hours ago, Vulcan422 said:

3rd beta has gone live, and Zangief and Dhalsim have been unlocked.

Thoughts

-Zangief is awful. Everything he does, Birdie does better. Losing Green Hand really hurt his threatening status on the ground.

-Dhalsim seems pretty good if you know how to control the vertical space. He lost nearly all of his horizontal control tools. I still think he will be very good in the right hands.

Dhalsim is good but yeah I agree he has lost tools too :( 

in general I like the game but I think they should let characters do more combo...  

According to Combofiend, who is addressing everybody who are perplexed or unhappy with the nerfs, players "will be surprised by what the characters are like in the final game".

9 hours ago, Vulcan422 said:

According to Combofiend, who is addressing everybody who are perplexed or unhappy with the nerfs, players "will be surprised by what the characters are like in the final game".

You say that like it's a good thing, meanwhile it has warning lights going off for me

3 minutes ago, TekkamanArk said:

You say that like it's a good thing, meanwhile it has warning lights going off for me

Yeah, gotta agree here. It's like saying that all these beta tests don't actually matter in tuning the game's balance.

Well he said "surprised", which can be in a bad way also.

Anyway, I don't see why they felt the need to remove 2mk 5mp link from Karin, as well as nerfing the JF (launches lower). Oh well, capcom :v:

2 hours ago, Zouf said:

Well he said "surprised", which can be in a bad way also.

Anyway, I don't see why they felt the need to remove 2mk 5mp link from Karin, as well as nerfing the JF (launches lower). Oh well, capcom :v:

He said surprised but also said "on the contrary" in specific reference to people asking him if nerfs would continue, so I'm thinking they're just saving all the fun tech for the final game.  Karin was not the only character to lose her links sadly, that was a universal thing.

#FireCombofiend

I could only try one match >: at least it felt solid. Way better than SF4

Carlos Blanka's teleports are insane lol

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Yeah, but it can change when the game comes out, so :psyduck:

The more revealing alts are fine. They don't affect the gameplay, so I don't give a shit.

As for the alts themselves, the only ones I'm not a fan of are Nash, Vega, and Dhalsim. Everything else looks great.