Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TAI-X

Street Fighter V announced

Talk about 2 boring reveals

Wake me up when R. Mika comes back

I literally only care about Juri at this point.

As expected, they simplified birdie imputs for specials and supers to make him more easy to use, and in compensation nerfed special proprieties.

Just like how the new age Killer Instinct lost all its charge commands. It's not like Birdie was Gen to begin with, but I guess they thought SFIV Zangief/T. Hawk players would completely freak out if they had to get used to a new type of input on a grappler, particularly the negative edge button holds. Seems that all 360 motions are being simplified to half circles too though, damn.

-Projectiles look better, fireball zoning might be a thing again for Ryu.

Really? every character seems to have a direct meterless answer for FBs now. i.e Bison, Nash, Cammy v-skills, Birdie's hop grab move.

Game looks more aggressive, less fireball focused like 3s.

Really? every character seems to have a direct meterless answer for FBs now. i.e Bison, Nash, Cammy v-skills, Birdie's hop grab move.

Game looks more aggressive, less fireball focused like 3s.

I agree, but, in his V-Trigger, Ryu can definitely toss plasma for zoning, as they get a lot faster, do more damage, and multiple hits (which means they can't be blocked by those V-Skill projectile cancelling moves)

I agree, but, in his V-Trigger, Ryu can definitely toss plasma for zoning, as they get a lot faster, do more damage, and multiple hits (which means they can't be blocked by those V-Skill projectile cancelling moves)

And more importantly, each electric fireball has high stun and Ryu can charge them to make harder to predict.

It'll never happen, but I'd love to see the return of the fireball clash system from the original pair of Darkstalkers games, where two colliding projectiles will push against each other for a brief moment with the stronger one gradually winning out. It was understandable that they ditched it in Vampire Savior, but SFV is nowhere near that fast.

Just like how the new age Killer Instinct lost all its charge commands. It's not like Birdie was Gen to begin with, but I guess they thought SFIV Zangief/T. Hawk players would completely freak out if they had to get used to a new type of input on a grappler, particularly the negative edge button holds. Seems that all 360 motions are being simplified to half circles too though, damn.

yup, major simplification wasn't even in 360. Snk have done it since 1992-4, a route followed by capcom if we look at SF3 alex, HDremix and SF4 Abel. The changes in negative edge buttons hold is what's more interesting for me.

I like to think of alpha birdie more as a variation of ST Boxer.

Instead of having a normal grab with extra range, he have a actual 360 grab (with more damange).

Instead of having [4]6k dash upper (antiair), [4]3p dash ground straight (low), [2]8p buffalo head(reversal), birdie have a turn punch that only sacrifice 2 buttons of the same type (instead of 3) and have invul in startup. You don't lose the lvl even when taking hits, but max level is 5 (boxer had 10).

Back in Alpha3 he had to hold at least 2 buttons of the same type (no matter if punch or kick) to charge it, button released (not pressed) determined distance covered. If multiple one's are released at the same time, what comes out is the "strong button" version.

He could buffer multiple of them at the same time too. For example, you could hold lp+lk+hp+hk to play the neutral with mp and mk while buffering 2 buffalo horns. It was completely invul during startup, not just against projectyles. But this activation was slow...so when in need to a fast thing, people used buffalo head instead ([4]6 p).

The number of hits and damange was determined by how much time it was holded, with lvl1 (minimun) beein 2s of charge for 1hit and final beeing 13s or more of charge and 5 hits. If you continue holding a button, you don't lose the charge, even when taking a hit.

By ultradavid txt, in the SFV build showed at e3, you only need to hold 1 button to charge it. Holding more will result in a EX version (consuming meter). But the button holded have to be a punch.

Only EX version is full invul, all others only have invul against projectyle. But this invul isn't just at the startup, but during all the active part. This makes it much easier to go through slow projectyles, but impossible for non-ex to go through normals.

Looks like the levels hits and time stayed the same. You still don't lose the buffer while taking hits, but you can't buffer multiple buffalo horns anymore. Holding 2 buttons and releasing 1 result in a non-ex buffalo horn, but the level of the other is reseted.

Making it full circle back to ST boxer, lp version of buffalo head ([4]6p in alpha, 426p now) in SFV have the same animation as Boxer buffalo head ([2]8p, the reversal-antiair).

Not sure how to feel about you not building meter when getting hit by Critical Arts.  They do a ton of damage and losing upwards of 40% and not getting meter is a little disheartening.

As long as the roster's diverse I guess. I'm just hoping for lots of fun, different characters. Sakura's different enough from Ryu that maybe this won't feel like clones.

As long as the roster's diverse I guess. I'm just hoping for lots of fun, different characters. Sakura's different enough from Ryu that maybe this won't feel like clones.

Yes. And that i doubt if she has the evil form for V-Trigger. Or maybe like MVC2 style.

Isn't Evil Sakura a thing in MVC2? I assume that's what they made that figure for. Not likely SFV IMO.

Isn't Evil Sakura a thing in MVC2? I assume that's what they made that figure for. Not likely SFV IMO.

"Shadow Charlie" is also a thing from the VS series. I think the guy might be confused. Though it's certainly not an impossibility since in SFV Nash does have Moonsault Slash, a move he had in MVC2. It's still incredibly unlikely.

Akuma's eyes are blank, this guy has yellow eyes.  He's also an albino with long black dreads.  Not a single one of those things described Akuma unless he gets a DmC tier redesign.

Ken revealed at Comic-Con

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lwOe5y8gIk

His new design looks like shit.

Also, either new character, Urien, or Akuma teased.

Ken design is cool tho. But i dislike the hairstyle tho that i fine with that. They should have gave him a Alpha hairstyle or his classic hair one. i think that guy in the end is the new character from New Zealand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7XXQ8PQinM

Some music samples. Charlie's theme sounds pretty sick.

The fact they removed crouch teching still gets me hype, it's quicker and a lot more hectic from what I've seen in regards to movelists, ~V-Triggers and such, yet at the same time it's still street fighter.

Q when???

Ken looks great and like a lot of fun. I really like his new design and Capcom's attempt at creating distance between what people consider "clones". That character teased at the end of the trailer looks nothing like Akuma. Capcom wouldn't dare shift his visual design to the point where he looks unrecognizable. Like others have said, it's probably a new character. I still hope Alex, Urien, and Karin are in. At that point, I couldn't really care who else is part of the roster. 

I don't think it's Akuma because it's too early to be showing him. I do see the Honda resemblance though,

I guess if Juri doesn't make, Ken will have to do.