Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TAI-X

Street Fighter V announced

It looks like a MOBA model, and I find that really concerning, because it's likely having a fully unlocked setup is going to be fairly expensive. Furthermore, having access to content might require being logged into your account, etc.

Basically, it'll be good for netplayers and shit for TOs and offline play. I find this highly concerning.

When's Alex

Dude, that's the fifth time you posted that in this thread. He already got semi-confirmed, you just have to wait for the official announcement that will most certainly be reposted here.

Have to say i agree with antonymichiru and Dusk Thanatos . It is mobaish, it is much better for people that play at home and much worse for Tournment Organizers. I would go far enought to say it's cross-tekken-ish.

But...even with all of this, it's still miles better than what they tried with crosstekken gems. Ballancing for the old chars beeing given even withouth putting any more money. New chars beeing unlockable with in-game currency, or with money for instant gratification. It still creates a giant incentive for overpowered new characters, what can get ugly withj dlc. But it's not like a more "traditional" system wouldn't create it too...

Should probably post the trailer if you're going to discuss it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzrPqNHB1bo

I don't know, something doesn't quite click with me in him, even though I usually like brutal grapplers. Maybe it's because his design is pretty bland outside of the hair?

I kind of like his design, but I think he only fits into Street Fighter if he has a major role in the story, like that he is a another user of the Satsui no Hado. Otherwise he seems a little bit over-the-top for a "normal" character.

Beside, his long hair, the tattoos (or scars?) which are changing depending how big his power level is and his heavy hitting fighting style reminds me of Azrael.

Who is this Super Saiyan Pillar Man motherfucker and will he be playable in a future beta phase?

Necalli is his name. No info on future beta phases, but, i'd be surprised if he wasn't. I know I can't wait for him.

Dude, that's the fifth time you posted that in this thread. He already got semi-confirmed, you just have to wait for the official announcement that will most certainly be reposted here.

:(

Necalli looks like Broly/Nariko. He has a divekick. That's cool. But you know who else has a divekick? Juri.

Necalli looks like Broly/Nariko. He has a divekick. That's cool. But you know who else has a divekick? Juri.

And yet, here I am, hoping for El Fuerte, Decapre, and Gouken to make it into this.

Who is this Super Saiyan Pillar Man motherfucker and will he be playable in a future beta phase?

Seriously Vulcan, lol, at that post, but honestly, you should have said "Yujiro Hanma", missed oportunity.

And to answer that, maybe, cause this is the first of a couple beta phases that's already starting as of today (7/23), and hopefully the others such as Ken, Necalli, and others would come by in future beta phases, if possible.

Getting the obvious out of the way, beta so far has been a complete failure.

Bad news: beta has been postponed until further notice.

Good news: beta period has been extended, and I managed to get in a bit of practice time with Bison.

The beta was a resounding success. Login issues have been found and a fix is underway as we speak!

The beta was a resounding success. Login issues have been found and a fix is underway as we speak!

I imagine you have to be trolling. If not, you're completely mistaken. You're right in that they figured out their capacity, but, they didn't get to truly test the netcode between players, another heavily important aspect of testing the online. So, no, this is a failed beta in any capacity.

EDIT: Actually, is there a feedback page? There's some other issues with the beta that i'd like to tell them about in the hopes it gets fixed for the full release.

I dunno about SFV, but every single MMO beta starts with the servers stress-test, so this shouldn't be surprising to anyone. It's still important data, even though they weren't able to get the data on other things they wanted to learn about. This isn't supposed to be just a free chance to play the game, it's still work that you're not even paid for.