Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TAI-X

Street Fighter V announced

Now there's a character that got my attention. I was content with letting SFV pass me by since, aside from Necalli, I didn't see much that enthralled me. And then this trailer hits and I'm thinking "Well damn, now I might have to play this". If they announce Q and/or Urien then I am totally sold.

I'm a HUGE street fighter fan but the aesthetics of this game don't do anything for me, especially when you compare it to Xrd.

Since Vega I've been pretty underwhelmed with the characters too. Not a fan of Mika, Karin or the new characters.

Hoping the last four reveals will peak my interest.

I never found myself caring for Karin, or Mika, and I DO NOT like the 3rd Strike characters so this trailer really does nothing for me. Literally the only thing I find interesting about her is that she has a move that hits behind the opponent.

I'll probably try her out and maybe figure out some dash shenanigans only to go back to Ken and his run cancels. lol

I never found myself caring for Karin, or Mika, and I DO NOT like the 3rd Strike characters so this trailer really does nothing for me. Literally the only thing I find interesting about her is that she has a move that hits behind the opponent.

Sounds like you like bad things. Though I can't possibly imagine wh--

I'll probably try her out and maybe figure out some dash shenanigans only to go back to Ken and his run cancels. lol

Oh, nevermind then. Your opinion is entirely invalid to the game's roster and diversity.

So the last remaining 2 characters are the new fighters. I guess Alex and Urien will be on hold for DLC until next year. Can't wait to main Chunny again in SFV.

Sounds like you like bad things.

lol

Yeah I do like bad things. I played Makoto through all of CP. Haven't even touched EX yet.

And I actually don't like 3rd Strike because I don't like its characters. None of them are fun to play so I can't really enjoy the game for that reason. Mika and Karin are just whatever. They're in now so everyone can stop asking for them.

So the last remaining 2 characters are the new fighters. I guess Alex and Urien will be on hold for DLC until next year. Can't wait to main Chunny again in SFV.

Pretty sure the launch roster is supposed to have 16 slots.

According to Capcom's Director of Brand Marketing and eSports Matt Dahlgren, SF V will have at launch 4 new characters, 4 "we haven't seen in a while" and 8 "classic characters" (source) .

Of the 4 new chars, 2 (Necali and Rashid) have been showed.

All the 4 "we haven't seen in a while" were already revealed, they were all Alpha series chars (charlie, birdie, mika, karin). The only char from alpha series that isn't in sf4 or sf5 is Sodom, so he's a obvious candidate for dlcs. While mika didn't chage too much visually (just lost her bra's heart), all the others did. But the most important, the moveset of all of them have been heavily modified.

Of the 8 "classics", 6 (ryu, chun, bison, cammy, ken, vega) have been reveled. Assuming that by "classic" he was refering to SF2 series, we probably won't see 3s chars at launch.

But anyway, as the 4 that "we haven't seen in a while" had their moveset heavily modified, i wouldn't sit waiting for my favorite char to make a return. Even if they probably will eventually, as more chars after vanilla launch == more dlcs. The 2nd reason is because the game is scheduled just for next year, god knows in which month.

Ohh, sorry about that...i missed counted the missing 4 characters. Here's the latest roster screenshot.

capture2_(3).thumb.jpg.57aa49b0da9000338

It looks like they could add a whole new row of 4 on each side as DLC. 8 DLC characters? I hope they plan on adding more somehow. Maybe by making the rows longer themselves.

It looks like they could add a whole new row of 4 on each side as DLC. 8 DLC characters? I hope they plan on adding more somehow. Maybe by making the rows longer themselves.

Yea.

2 new fighters and possibly  2 SFII or Alpha characters making to the roster.

I truly do hope that both Alex and Urien are in. I would love to see how they're implemented in a modern day Street Fighter. As for DLC, the potential is limitless. Granted, I'd love to see the characters who haven't had a chance given a shot first i.e several Third Strike characters, but it is what it is.