Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Narroo

Southern New Hampshire: And we're all alone. There is no one here besides us.

Great, that will help out. I guess a roll call of tentative/confirmed attendees is the next step over the next couple of weeks. Otherwise we'll only need one setup lol.

Crud;  missed this post and I forgot about Shoryuken.  No one else posted here...

I'll necro the NH thread on Shoryuken and see what happens.

I'll be out of town until Friday unfortunately guys. So it looks like we will have to postpone. I didn't see a lot of confirms to come this week either so it may have worked out for the best. Hopefully the activity will start to pick up in the coming weeks and will get back with a couple of dates in mind. 

I have the money to travel a little now, so long as I can borrow a car for the night I'm up for joining you folks for casuals. Outside of getting this thing started:

I'm going to be at GU this Friday for their weekly fight night.

I'll be at the combined tournament and music festival in Boston on Sunday the 15th. Here's a link for more info (it's worth noting that this event is pre-reg only)

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/10390-february-15th-2015-game-underground-video-game-and-music-festival-2-ggxrd-usfiv-umvc3-smash-bros-melee-project-m-smash-bros4-wii-u-boston-ma/

I don't think we've rescheduled anything after last week got canceled.  Airk might be willing to come, but Salem is far for him.  Aside from that Vyers and that other guy have expressed interest in going.

Hello, guys, I'm from Rochester. I don't exactly have a means of transportation at the moment, but I can make it down as far as Salisbury, MA fairly easily. Myself and a couple friends would love to meet up and play some GG, at some point.

Yep; Blazblue.  Haven't touched it in awhile since I'm not a netplayer; I could try seeing how netplay works with some local players.  (I have a great hatred of lag, whether I'm winning or not.  Plus, netplay is so impersonal.  I wish the netcode was more like Skull Girls.)  Any skull girls players here?

I really wish there were more UNIEL players. Hopefully the US release will bring an influx of players. Anyone here have it/planning to get it?

Southern NH isn't a bad drive from me when I'm at home. Anyone here play BB or UNIEL?

I really wish there were more UNIEL players. Hopefully the US release will bring an influx of players. Anyone here have it/planning to get it?

I may have already menioned this in the New England thread, but I'm interested in UNIEL. I've only played it a bit, but I like the feel of the game so far. I might pick up a copy if I have the money when it's released.

I wish the netcode was more like Skull Girls.)  Any skull girls players here?

I played a bit of the initial release of Skullgirls. I found it a bit demanding to play, since it's a tag team game and the timing for combos feels tight; though, I might check out Encore to try the new characters. I'm not sure if he still does, but Nuclear Cheese used to play it.

I may have already menioned this in the New England thread, but I'm interested in UNIEL. I've only played it a bit, but I like the feel of the game so far. I might pick up a copy if I have the money when it's released.

I played a bit of the initial release of Skullgirls. I found it a bit demanding to play, since it's a tag team game and the timing for combos feels tight; though, I might check out Encore to try the new characters. I'm not sure if he still does, but Nuclear Cheese used to play it.

It's changed quite a bit since then, thanks to the PC release and Endless Beta.  It still has issues, although I found combo timing to be lax, if anything.

I played UNIEL (haven't really touched it since shortly after the JP launch, but I'm going to be grab the english version today).  Speaking of which, apparently UNIEL is on sale on the PSN for it's launch for those who are interested.

Haven't touched Skullgirls in quite a while, but if I'm somewhere and people want to play, I'd be up for it.

Vyers - we should meet up sometime.  Haven't seen you in a proverbial forever.

It's changed quite a bit since then, thanks to the PC release and Endless Beta.  It still has issues, although I found combo timing to be lax, if anything.

It's got gatling combos, but the target bread and butters seem to go beyond that. At least Valentine seemed to have pretty tight timing for her 20+ hit BnBs. That said, I'm interested in trying out the new cast and seeing what else has changed in the game.

I played UNIEL (haven't really touched it since shortly after the JP launch, but I'm going to be grab the english version today).  Speaking of which, apparently UNIEL is on sale on the PSN for it's launch for those who are interested.

Haven't touched Skullgirls in quite a while, but if I'm somewhere and people want to play, I'd be up for it.

Vyers - we should meet up sometime.  Haven't seen you in a proverbial forever.

Uniel's already out! It's a shame I don't have the money to buy it yet.

We should hang out, I feel like a dick for not getting together for all this time. Maybe if we get this NH meet up thing happening I'll see you there. I'll be at the GU Video Game and Music Festival in Boston this Sunday in case you're interested in going (I know you hate city driving though). I'm also making a trip to visit with Glitch and Seth the weekend after. If you're not able to go to any of the above, I could come by to visit you on a Friday or Saturday over the next several weeks.

Also, have you been to GU's Friday Night Fight Nights (at their store in Framingham)? I've only made it out there once so far, but they had about 10 or 12 people. Mindgam3, Fraga, Alex Smith, and Gavin were there. The rest were new folks.

Back to the subject of NH meetups, I believe we were looking at Thursday nights? Is that still the day of choice? NewBlood said he could probably host, but he hasn't been on for awhile. Should we look into other options?

We should hang out, I feel like a dick for not getting together for all this time. Maybe if we get this NH meet up thing happening I'll see you there. I'll be at the GU Video Game and Music Festival in Boston this Sunday in case you're interested in going (I know you hate city driving though). I'm also making a trip to visit with Glitch and Seth the weekend after. If you're not able to go to any of the above, I could come by to visit you on a Friday or Saturday over the next several weeks.

Also, have you been to GU's Friday Night Fight Nights (at their store in Framingham)? I've only made it out there once so far, but they had about 10 or 12 people. Mindgam3, Fraga, Alex Smith, and Gavin were there. The rest were new folks.

I've been thinking of heading to GU, but haven't made it yet.  Not planning on attending the GU thing on Sunday, but there's a thing in Wallingford CT going on Saturday of next weekend (Mar 7th) that I'm thinking of heading to (Mindgame posted about it in the NE thread).

And yeah, if you want to hang out on the weekend sometime just let me know!

Back to the subject of NH meetups, I believe we were looking at Thursday nights? Is that still the day of choice? NewBlood said he could probably host, but he hasn't been on for awhile. Should we look into other options?

If people want to set up a Thursday night meetup for NH, it's a 50/50 for whether I can attend (due to work every other Friday).  But that's just me, of course.

I'd offer to host myself, but like I said before I don't think it'll really work well with more than a couple people while my brother is still here.

Sorry for the delay gents, my job demands some travel, but has come to a stop until the summer at least. Anyway let's make this meet up happen and see what we have to work with.

So I can host Thursday March 19th. If not then, Wednesday or Thursday the following week (25th or 26th respectively). Regardless of what comes up schedule wise for me ill hold to those dates and work around it so long as it's a fit for everyone else. Wouldn't mind playing some UNIEL, haven't touched it in a while.

Anyone who wants to, I'm going to an event In Connecticut where I will be bringing a UNIEL setup. We could get a group going if anyone's interested.

Sorry for the delay gents, my job demands some travel, but has come to a stop until the summer at least. Anyway let's make this meet up happen and see what we have to work with.

So I can host Thursday March 19th. If not then, Wednesday or Thursday the following week (25th or 26th respectively). Regardless of what comes up schedule wise for me ill hold to those dates and work around it so long as it's a fit for everyone else. Wouldn't mind playing some UNIEL, haven't touched it in a while.

Cool, I'm grateful that you are willing/able to host us NewBlood.

I can do Thursday the 19th.

I can't make the 25th due to working early Thursday mornings.

I can't make the 26th due to a D&D session I already said I would attend (that's going to be a once a month thing though so it won't get in the way most weeks).

Anyone who wants to, I'm going to an event In Connecticut where I will be bringing a UNIEL setup. We could get a group going if anyone's interested.

I might make an appearance at that Hall of Gaming Event. It depends on whether or not the friends I'll be visiting want to attend.

Info for those interested in going:

Time: Saturday March 7, from 5:00pm - 11:00pm

Venue: Hall of Gaming, 220 N Colony St Suite B, Wallingford, Connecticut 06492

Venue Fee: $5 ($2.50 if you bring a PS3 with Xrd on the hard drive [they seem to have a shortage of copies of this game])

Entry Fee: $10 per game

Typical Tournament Games: Ultra Street Fighter IV, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 2, Guilty Gear Xrd

Other Games (played in casuals; possible tournaments if there's enough interest): Blazblue CP, UNIEL

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/events/810657129001268

There's been additional discussion about this event in the New England thread: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/4858-the-new-england-thread-bears-warbling-outside-my-igloo-a-polarizing-dilemma/page-82#entry897522