Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AtTheGates

[Xrd] Chipp Zanuff Combos

there have been combo vids showing links into 6HS from wall alpha, such as against may. i wasn't aware of any specific setup that works against all midweights though.

You can also get it off of 2HS counter hit in the corner. 2HS (ch), dash j.S dj.S tj.D double alpha into 6HS whatever.

As a reminder, 6HS off an air hit is a guaranteed RC into IK at 100% tension and enemy hellfire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Gb_tO1rI9o

In these matches Susumu does 5S>2D>236S>5P>5H>IAD>j.K>j.D for corner carry and knockdown

it only seems to work on Axl, Bedman, Leo and Potemkin. Every other character is too high after 5P for 5H to connect.

Works on ky too but timing / spacing is more strict, you have to micro-dash 5P 5HS after 236S so he falls a bit for the 5HS to hit.

leaf throw > wall cling > wall dive > dash S(jump install) 2HS, 22S, j.K,S, double jump delay D, alpha, wall alpha, \/, 6HS, TK alpha for knockdown

How do you do the corner combos where the second alpha blade hits the opponent away from the corner and you carry on the combo with a ground normal like in Chipp's last challenge? Every time I try it they always stay in the corner. Is it a timing thing?

you can get it most consistently if you are high above your opponent when your j.D connects, hence the delay in the combo you quoted. for the challenge, the trick is basically the same - delay the j.D after the jump cancel as long as possible.

During corner oki, detaching from wall cling and falling into the corner with jHS (so that Chipp is in the corner), you can get c.S(JI) 2HS xx 22H j.K j.S dj.HS(2) 236P46P, land dash S rising j.D, air dash wall cling to put them back into the corner situation. Better than just getting the 2D knockdown and trying to work from there.

Hi everyone was looking to start playing chipp. Any good starter to medium combos would be fantastic. Been playing gg for a long time so will take advanced as well.

I was in the wiki but all the combos are super basic so was hoping to get some inside from u guys. Thanks :)

Hi everyone was looking to start playing chipp. Any good starter to medium combos would be fantastic. Been playing gg for a long time so will take advanced as well.

I was in the wiki but all the combos are super basic so was hoping to get some inside from u guys. Thanks :)

first post. and many others in this thread actually.

Am I missing something? Is there away to do the alpha blade right when u cling tje wall? I'm struggling w 623hs, D, blade, wall cling blade

You can buffer the wall cling immediately after doing the air alpha blade, which makes it a lot easier. Basically think of it as one command that's done as 236P46 and it'll become a lot easier for 99% of the situations where you need it at that level.

Ha Thank you :). However that part I can do. It's the p after wall cling. Seems like it takes a second (recovery animation I would presume) then press P to come off it. I tend to miss it bc the char is to low at that point.

Also when you do wall cling then 4 to fly off the wall then CS. Sometimes u recover other times it seems like u can attack right away?

To be honest, I ran into the same problem a ton back when I first started Xrd. I have no idea how I got over it. Now I couldn't even replicate it if I wanted to which is even weirder.

Regarding landing recovery, as far as I know (feel free to correct me) you get additional landing recovery if you do wall cling after alpha, and this applies no matter what, even if you roman cancel afterwards or do one of the followups.

So it's just more tight after hits to follow up the linger combos. I can roll w that :). Tha k you for the input appreciate it

Against Elphelt in the corner: whatever to 2D xx 236S xx 623HS, j.214214K followed immediately by j.HS, land immediate 6HS xx 632146HS. Does shit damage using full meter but holy shit it's fun as hell, worth doing in training mode at least once. :P

what is tj and what is d?

Into Corner (2K >) S > 6P > S© > 2D > 236S > 623HS > j.D, alpha, wall cling, 4 (let go of the wall), j.K(1),j.S, dj.K,K,K,K,S, tj.K,K,K,K

or

Gamma Blade > ( > d.S©) > d.S(f)(Jump Install) > 2HS > 22S > j.K(1) > j.S > dj.HS(2) > Beta Blade(2)

also what is this \/

I don't think this has been posted before.

If anyone is finding Corner Genrouzan > Wall Cling > Wall Dive > S©(Jump Install) > 2HS > 22S > j.K,S > double jump > delay j.D > Alpha Blade > Wall Cling > Wall Alpha Blade > Land > 6HS > 2369P (Instant Air Alpha Blade) to be too difficult to do consistently (like I do)

you can do corner leaf throw > wall cling > wall dive > c.S (JI) > 2HS > 22S> j.D > double alpha

which leaves them knocked down in the corner

tested on Pot, Venom, Slayer, I-No Sol, Milla, May (you have to delay the second alpha blade on both May and Millia)

During corner oki, detaching from wall cling and falling into the corner with jHS (so that Chipp is in the corner), you can get c.S(JI) 2HS xx 22H j.K j.S dj.HS(2) 236P46P, land dash S rising j.D, air dash wall cling to put them back into the corner situation. Better than just getting the 2D knockdown and trying to work from there.

XB2Mqpa.gif

Works for all characters except Venom, Millia, and Elphelt on any setup that involves corner wall cling into falling early jHS. May work for them too if you find the right string. I couldn't. Often leads to opponent falling out of corner, in which case use the variation posted in the quote.

Formula after teleport is jKjSdjHS(1) for all characters except:

Eddie, Ino: jPjSdjHS(1)

Sol: jPjPjSdjHS(1)

Pot: jPjKjSdjPdjHS(1)

Bedman: jPjKjSdjHS(1)

Leo: jKjKjSdjHS(1)

Input on the JC to djHS is a bit tight. It's easiest on Pot.

For funsies, May only: 

C6dD1iX.gif

it's actually possible to follow up with 6HS against almost all characters after the j.hs(1-2) > alpha combos, however, against several characters you have to delay your first j.HS to create enough space to later get the wall bounce from Wall Alpha. Please note that this has not yet been researched against crouching opponents. This combo is great not only for the damage, but because it gives you susumu style corner oki: just jump back and wall cling after it, then you have a mixup between:

• let go off wall, j.HS(2)
  • down dash 2D crossup (opponent now in the corner)
  • from a high wall cling, down dash, airdash back re-crossup j.HS(2) > air alpha (opponent out of corner)
  • from a low wall cling, down dash, airdash back crossup j.HS (opponent now in the corner)

..and anything else you could think of from the wall (genrouzan etc.)

wall cling, j.HS(2) crossup > S(c)(jump install) > 2HS > 22HS > j.KS > dj.HS(1) > alpha > wall alpha > \/ > 6HS > 239P:

Ramletharl: 194 damage. Very easy.

Chipp: 237 damage. Just like with Sol, you need to hit your j.HS at the start of the combo quite early to make S > 2HS connect, otherwise the pushback will be too big and 2HS will whiff.

Zato: 201 damage. First j.HS has to hit lower than usual to push Zato out of the corner a bit to get the wall bounce.

I-No & May: 194 damage. Lower j.HS hit like described above. You might want to delay your j.K after the teleport a bit against i-no.

Axl: 194 damage. Easy.

Sin: 192 damage. lower j.HS hit like described above.

Faust & Ky: 188 damage. Easy.

Slayer: 177 damage. Easy.

Bedman: 166 damage. Note: use j.K,j.K,j.S, dj.HS(1)...

----------

Sol: i found two combos that lead to wall bounce > 6HS. Both are very unreliable.

• j.K as early as possible, j.S, dj.HS(1), Alpha, Wall Alpha, 6HS, 2369P. This will get you killed most of the time since j:HS will almost always whiff.
  • max delay j.P, S, dj.HS(1), Alpha, Wall Alpha, 6HS, 2369P. This will rarely give you a wall bounce, and you cannot force the wall bounce with a late j.HS since then 2HS will whiff.

I'd rather use this Combo: ...S(c)(Jump Install) > 2HS > 22HS > max delay j.P,S > dj.HS(2), Alpha, Wall Alpha for 162 damage.

Leo:  possible but very hard, Leo will enter OTG state when your 6HS hits almost every time since his hitbox is too big vertically. It is still good to know the wall bounce setup though, since you can follow up with a quicker relaunch into a possible j.214214K kill. Just use Bjorn's j.K,K,S, dj.HS(1), Alpha, Wall Alpha variation for 160 damage.

Pot: you can get him to wallbounce with a delayed ground chain, then j.P,K,S, dj.j.HS(1), but there is no time for a 6HS, so just don't delay and enjoy the corner knockdown.

Millia, El, Venom: No go.

Fun Facts

• You can manipulate the height of your opponent in this combo by delaying your j.P or j.K after 2HS > 22HS. If you max delay j.P against Sol, you can easily do j.P,S > dj.HS(2), alpha, wall alpha.
  • After wall cling, if you want to go for a delayed Wall Alpha, you have time to hold either up or down to adjust your height a bit before you actually do it. No idea if this can fix any combo issues / open new doors, it's probably gonna be useful in only very few instances.

XB2Mqpa.gif

Works for all characters except Venom, Millia, and Elphelt on any setup that involves corner wall cling into falling early jHS. May work for them too if you find the right string. I couldn't. Often leads to opponent falling out of corner, in which case use the variation posted in the quote.

Any tips on how to cross up with wall cling? I cant seem to do it. I always land on the non cross up side after a wall cling jHS.

Any tips on how to cross up with wall cling? I cant seem to do it. I always land on the non cross up side after a wall cling jHS.

it depends on when you press H after letting go of the wall, if you do it basically as soon as you let go you hit towards the wall, if you delay it even slightly you hit away from the wall.