Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AtTheGates

[Xrd] Chipp Zanuff Combos

mCuXwIh.gif

This is more proof of concept than anything. The execution is harder than for other characters and sometimes the alpha whiffs even if you land the jHS. I dunno if I'd go for it in an important match.

For Millia, jPjK(1)djPdjK(1)djD alpha works, but her body blocks Chipp from clinging to the wall for the followup which lets her recover. There may be a different route or simply a difference in timing to make it work.

Venom continues to be brick wall for this combo.

Currently in tokyo for a week, got my ass handed to me yesterday at mikado. I had a few minutes to test combos against the new characters. Johnny has a generous hitbox minus the oddities of old games it seems. 2D,236S,S,S,2HS,22S,j.K,j.S,dj.S,tj.S,HS(2),beta worked against him. In the corner, wall cling crossup j.hs(2), s,2hs,22hs, j.k,j.s,dj.hs(1),alpha, wall alpha worked easily. As for jack-o, her hitbox seems reminiscent of ram. Corner wallcling crossup j.hs(2), s,2hs,22hs,j.k,s, dj.hs(1)alpha, wall alpha, 6hs, tk alpha was easy. As for jam, i can't remember other than that she is a regular lightweight and i didnt have much problems comboing her. Will post more soon.

Edit: jam has a thin standing hitbox. Corner wall cling cross j.hs, s,2hs tends zo whiff when delayed, much like against sol and chipp.

updated first post a bit:

- general cleanup

- new revelator dust combos

- damage numbers for jam, johnny & jack-o for all combos

I found a way to get the knockdown on Venom, it's a bit tricky but still doable.

It's setup with a jump installed knockdown then a pretty hard link from J.HS into cr.HS.

the air combo is  j.k, j.k j.k, double jump j.k j.s, triple jump j.d alpha blade.