Sakaku

[Xrd] Ramlethal - Combo Thread (Updated 01/08/2015)

So, midscreen c.S > Dauro > dash c.S > j.P j.K j.S j.8D (delayed) -> IAD loops > etc

is easier and much more reliable (also hits on anyone not named Venom) than the microdash j.P stuff.

Is there any reason not to use that instead of the normal daiji combo routes?

Can anybody test this out? I hope its true. About to go to work so I can't but really corner carry is my ideal goal with midscreen ram and these IAD combos from Daiji are just way too hard for me right now.

Can anybody test this out? I hope its true. About to go to work so I can't but really corner carry is my ideal goal with midscreen ram and these IAD combos from Daiji are just way too hard for me right now.

If you're at starting position this works without doing the dash j.P. 

For light characters. Millia, Elphelt, etc. It seems to be easier just to do airdash j.K->j.8D on the second rep so you hit the PPP lower giving better wallsplat combo options. A lot of time on these characters they are so high you have delay the PPP and even then they could be to high for the PPP to connect properly. When you connect it if they are to high only j.PxN->j.8D is really the only thing that works. With j.K->j.8D they will always be low enough for c.S->f.S->6S->dash c. S->6H->dash 1P->4P->dash c.S->2D works if you have both swords equipped.

^That combo looks sick. But for both damage and oki it's not really the best.

Your main goal should be going for j.8D loops in the corner and just having a wallsplat for the ender PPP >  [iAD j.S j.HS |>2D] or [c.S > 5HS crumple reset] which does around 200 damage.

c.S > (2D >) 623P, dash PK, c.S > jc > j.8D |> IAD j.K > j.S > j.8D |> dash  PPP, [dash c.S > 5HS] or [iAD j.S > j.HS |> (c.S >) 2D]

[181 dmg] (dash c.S > 5HS)

[181 dmg] (IAD j.S > j.HS |> 2D)

c.S > 2D > 623P, c.S > jc > j.8D |> IAD > j.K > j.S > j.8D |> dash > PPP, [dash c.S > 5HS] or [iAD j.S > j.HS |> (c.S >) 2D]

[196 dmg] (dash c.S > 5HS)

[198 dmg] (IAD j.S > j.HS |> 2D)

Note: 2D is necessary in order to get a c.S after 623P.

[s+] c.S > 2D > 623P > c.S > jc > j.8D |> [iAD > j.K > j.S > j.8D] x2 dash PPP, [dash c.S > 5HS] or [iAD j.S > j.HS |> (c.S >) 2D]

[214 dmg] (dash c.S > 5HS)

[214 dmg] (IAD j.S > j.HS |> 2D)

Note: Character specific. See this post for character specific notes.

Unless you were asking specifically for wallsplat combos using deployed swords, don't mind me then. But as far as I know j.8D loops are the most damaging combos Ram has (and they give good oki too!).

Angelic, I've tested them on everyone, from the starting training position. It doesn't work on Venom (jP won't connect). The thing I'm not sure is how worse it is compared to the normal Daiji combos. Maybe anyone proficient in the normal combos can tell us what we're missing by doing the extra dash c.S.

On Sol you can, for example do: cS Dauro dash cS jPjKjSj8D (delayed) IAD loop (2 reps) PPP > splash combo > Oki

It would be cool to see videos with all the dash cS optimal combos but I can't really make them :(

The big advantage of the Daiji combo is the full screen corner carry that no other "practical" combo seems to offer aside from 236K > delay [iAD j.K > delay j.S > delay j.8D] x3 which I'm 100% sure doesn't work against at least half the cast.

The combo you found does exactly 20 damage more than the dauro > dash PK > c.S > j.8D > etc route (181 -> 201 dmg), and it seems to work very well against heavy chars if you don't want to double Dauro. There's a route that does slightly more damage (24 in fact) but doesn't work against the whole cast (doesn't work on Ky and prob not on Heavies, not sure about the rest). c.S > 623P, dash c.S > j.HS > j.8D |> [iAD j.K > j.S > j.8D] x2, PPP > ender.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OIW4Et5CjY&feature=youtu.be here's a video with both combos.

^That combo looks sick. But for both damage and oki it's not really the best.

Your main goal should be going for j.8D loops in the corner and just having a wallsplat for the ender PPP >  [iAD j.S j.HS |>2D] or [c.S > 5HS crumple reset] which does around 200 damage.

Unless you were asking specifically for wallsplat combos using deployed swords, don't mind me then. But as far as I know j.8D loops are the most damaging combos Ram has (and they give good oki too!).

Yeah I was doing the airdash loops into j.S->j.HS if I have H-sword deployed, double deploy combo if I have both swords, and c.S->5HS if S sword is deployed. That works, I like ending all my strings in 2D anyways as the oki off it is really strong. Was wondering if there was something better with actually using the deployed swords, but wasn't sure.

Been messing around with the c.S->5HS version. It is easier with the sword deployed, but in the corner the 5HS launches them so high with sword equipped that lights like Faust / Millia / Elphelt get hard to keep low. Normal weight characters it is pretty much better in every way. Also Faust you have to dash c.S on otherwise you'll get far slash, but he is so floaty you can do dash c.S->j.8D and pickup the combo anyways the 5HS with sword works but you need to delay your c.S as much as possible else they will end up really high and completing 2 loops will be really hard, probably impossible without S sword equipped. Though you might be able to j.K->j.8D on the first loop to bring them lower, haven't tested that yet.

I like ending all my strings in 2D anyways as the oki off it is really strong.

Is there a reason to go for 2D instead of 2KK? 2KK seems to have more damage and better recovery unless you jump cancel the 2D for a setup.

Is there a reason to go for 2D instead of 2KK? 2KK seems to have more damage and better recovery unless you jump cancel the 2D for a setup.

2D can be jump canceled and special canceled on both block and hit. So it is naturally better to do it for both situations. 2KK is good if you just want the knock down or already confirm the hit,  but waited too long to confirm the hits off your air dash jump ps into close slash or again want that knock down right away. if 2D it hits randomly in your pressure/ mixup it can lead into real damage. 2KK (unless you have meter) is just a knockdown (good for trying to force a sword mixup right away midscreen or in the corner). I am speaking for the general usage of both i would have to say use 2D more but 2KK is good also.  it might be able to go under some stuff (?) if you do the full string i haven't tested that though. 

[s+] c.S > 2D > 623P > c.S > jc > j.8D |> [iAD > j.K > j.S > j.8D] x2 dash PPP, [dash c.S > 5HS] or [iAD j.S > j.HS |> (c.S >) 2D]

[214 dmg] (dash c.S > 5HS)

[214 dmg] (IAD j.S > j.HS |> 2D)

Note: Character specific. See this post for character specific notes.

[s+] c.S > 2D > 623P > c.S > jc > j.8D |> [iAD > j.K > j.S > j.8D] x2 dash PPP, [dash c.S > f.S > 6S > 2P > 4P > (swordhits) 66 > c.S >2D]

I can't get the air dash after the j8D

I don't get the trick to it....

Delaying j.8D in the loop makes you land faster. So do [j.K > j.S > delay j.8D] x2. With S sword equipped you can delay j.8D a lot, without it gets a little bit harder. I think I should note this somewhere in the first post.

Also make sure to IAD (9~5~6). Press up forward, let the stick go to neutral, then press forward. If you did it right you should perform an airdash that's very low to the ground.

Kinda getting it but still alot of times that it doesn't air dash instead it just normal dashes instead.

I'm just trying to hit the enemy as high as I can so that I have more time to "try" to complete the airdash

Delaying j.8D in the loop makes you land faster. So do [j.K > j.S > delay j.8D] x2. With S sword equipped you can delay j.8D a lot, without it gets a little bit harder. I think I should note this somewhere in the first post.

Also make sure to IAD (9~5~6). Press up forward, let the stick go to neutral, then press forward. If you did it right you should perform an airdash that's very low to the ground.

If you're not even getting into the air then your first input is wrong. Even if you did 9 by itself and nothing else you should get into the air.

Don't practice doing the input as fast as possible at first, start slowly doing 956 and gradually increase the speed if you get an airdash. When you fail, slow down again.

Do this, a lot. Maybe even practice just doing IAD's for 5 minutes every day in training. Practice and repeating is the only way to mastery.

Should also practice doing 956K as well (IAD -> jK) when you get the hang of IAD.

Some corrections to make to the main guide...

"c.S > (2D >) 623P, dash 623P, KPP, PPP [148 dmg on Potemkin]"

should say "dash c.S, 623P" I think...

And this dust combo:

"5D > Homing Jump > j.D > j.D > j.K > j.S > jc > j.K > j.S > j.D [114 dmg]"

If you use j8D instead of j5D, you get more damage.

Corrected, thanks.

If you manage to hit the opponent when they are blocking ~1/4 of Toranshi's remaining active frames, you can do the following combo:

(Toranshi blocked) > (opponent gets hit during the remaining ~1/4 active frames) > PPP, dash c.S > 5HS > jc > j.2HS |>  immediate c.S > (2HS hits) > jc back > j.2S > IAD j.H > (2S hits) |> j.8D |> dash PPP

Deals roughly 250(!) damage with 2D and 230 with 6K.

Here's a video example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsDOmgZ2CT8#t=257

If they can block the sword, you are most likely doing the c.S too early. On the other hand, doing c.S too late causes them to recover before c.S hits. I'm always doing (delay dash c.S) and it's working fine.

Corrected, thanks.

Actually with more testing, I noticed that for the 5D combo, if the 5D hits from a bit further away (and not corner), then the j8D version of the combo won't reach and you'll have to use j5D. Also against some characters, the final 8D seems to whiff even in the corner unless timed perfectly (such as against Elphelt).

Char specific notes regarding the corner (c.S >) 2D > 623P, c.S > jc > j.8D |> [iAD j.K > j.S > j.8D |>] x2 dash PPP > [ender] combo

Tested this combo against the whole cast, and there are more char specific timings/variations to be considered than I thought. I might be wrong somewhere, so if anyone knows better feel free to correct me.

Basically the more you delay j.8D in both reps of the loop, the easier it is to not drop it.

If you have the S sword equipped you can delay j.8D by A TON. But in case you haven't, there's not much room for delaying it, making 2 reps into dash PPP against normal weight characters very hard.

• Millia, Chipp, I-no, Elphelt and Ramlethal: Do the standard loop, no need to delay j.8D by much. Easy even without S sword equipped. PP~P instead of PPP.
  • Ky: need to do (c.S >) 2D > 623P, dash PK, c.S > jc > j.8D |> IAD j.K > j.S > j.8D |> dash PPP > [ender]. j.8D will whiff after c.S > jc
  • Sin, Faust, Sol, Axl: 2nd rep without S sword equipped either very hard or impossible (?).
  • Slayer: doing  (c.S >) 2D > 623P, dash c.S > 5HS > j.8D makes the loop easier. This might be true for the characters stated above as well, didn't have time to test it.
  • Potemkin: Double Dauro into one rep is easier. (c.S >) 2D > 623p, c.S 623p, c.S > jc > j.8D |> IAD > j.K > j.P > j.S > j.8D |> dash PPP > [ender]
  • Venom: For some reason he'll always be very low after the 2nd rep, making it hard to get a PPP > dash c.S > 5HS wallsplat ender. (c.S >) 2D > 623P > delay > c.S > 623P > delay c.S > jc > j.8D |> IAD j.K > j.S > j.8D |> dash PPP > [ender]
  •  Zato: Starting the loop doesn't seem to work at all. Same combo as Venom.
  • Bedman: Basically the same as Potemkin, but with delays. (c.S >) 2D > 623P, delay c.S > 623P > delay c.S > jc > j.8D |> IAD j.K > j.P > j.S > j.8D |> dash PPP > [ender]

Noticed you didn't include May in this list and not sure if you did this before Leo came out. 

Trying to get these down pat and found it easiest on Sol's weight class. Finally figured out how to do this on feather weights. I found that if you do not delay the j.8D on the first rep and then delay the j.8D on the second rep it makes landing the PPP more consistent. I had issues with the training dummy teching before I could dash in PPP. If you add delays to both j.8D or don't add any delays they can tech out. 

After wards with both swords equipped you can do c.S, 5HS, 6S, dash c.S, 6HS, 6S hits, dash 2P, 5P, 6HS hits, Toranshi, PPP for  296 damage. If you do dash c.S, 6HS hits, dash c.S, 2D you get 253 damage.

Also, for one of my oki set ups I do 2D, jc, j.2HS, low air dash j.K, j.2S, j.2HS hits, dash 6K, j.2S hits, 8D, dash c.S, jc, 8D, IAD j,K, j.S, j.8D, dash PPP but I've noticed that this doesn't really work on heavy weights such as Pot and Bedman. If I switch j.2HS and j.2S around I can do dash 6K, j.2HS hits, 8D, 8D, IAD j.K, j.S, j.8D, dash PPP. I think I also have those wall splats with IAD j.S, j.HS, 2D instead of a reset situation but I can't remember at the moment.

If they can block the sword, you are most likely doing the c.S too early. On the other hand, doing c.S too late causes them to recover before c.S hits. I'm always doing (delay dash c.S) and it's working fine.

seems like I always delayed the dash too long and the c.S never connect at all because the opponent already recovered, now I understand I need to delay slightly, thank you it's working now :)

236K, dash c.S > jc > j.K > j.S > jc > j.K > j.S > j.D [119 dmg]

Is there a reason you don't do dash 6P, c.S instead? The damage becomes 129 on Ino instead of 119...and also, if during your combo, you seem to be lower than your opponent, you can end with j8D for more damage (131).

I haven't went through all your combos Sakaku (because I'm still new to Ramlethal) but of the basic ones I've attempted, there seem to be more optimal ones that aren't really any more difficult...these combos seem outdated?