Sakaku

[Xrd] Ramlethal - Combo Thread (Updated 01/08/2015)

Thanx for the info, i figured the damage would be poor compared to other starters but i find myself landing a lot of 4P in the corner, and i'm pretty terrible at doing her good oki setups...actually i'm pretty terrible all around but it would be useful if they're near death and i have the meter

I have been trying to do this combo.

c.S > (2D >) 623P, dash PK, c.S > jc > j.8D |> IAD j.K > j.S > j.8D |> dash  PPP, [dash c.S > 5HS] or [iAD j.S > j.HS |> (c.S >) 2D]

But after the first J.8D I start to fail. I do the IAD as soon as I land but even if I do it as fast as I can when I want to connect the J.K the opponent is already on the ground. HELP!

I have been trying to do this combo.

c.S > (2D >) 623P, dash PK, c.S > jc > j.8D |> IAD j.K > j.S > j.8D |> dash  PPP, [dash c.S > 5HS] or [iAD j.S > j.HS |> (c.S >) 2D]

But after the first J.8D I start to fail. I do the IAD as soon as I land but even if I do it as fast as I can when I want to connect the J.K the opponent is already on the ground. HELP!

Easiest characters to do this on are Sol and light weights, which is pretty much the entire female cast. It's still pretty easy on outlier characters like Ky, Venom, Zato, Slayer, and Leo but you can make this easier by omitting the PK and using c.S, 5HS, j.8D but your 623P needs to be the just frame version. Make sure the opponent is closer to the corner as well. Also, the j.8D needs to be low on the ground. If you do a full jump j.8D there's too much landing recovery for the IAD j.K, j.S, j.8D.

Have anyone found a good variation for the j.8D loops willing to spare 50% meter? Damage potential seems great..

If you land air-to-air j.P x N, j.8D and RC the j.8D you can actually get the IAD loops going. I'm not sure what the threshold of j.P's are for this to work though.

Even after several weeks of playing Ramlethal, I'm getting really frustrated trying to do corner combos.  Varying distances and situations make the wallsplat vary, and I just can't seem to get an eye for when they're too high or too low, and I'll either dash up and my c.S will hit nothing, or they'll tech out and potentially punish me for it.

Is there something I'm missing here, or do you just have to know where they need to be and adjust accordingly?

I've played Ram since PS launch and still miss some of these combos. :3 They're damaging but very hard to execute!

This is how I think it works, but I'm not 100% certain about this. After the wallsplat they start to slide down the wall and the moves you do during this state increases their untech time. You want the untech time to be enough so they can't tech before they reach the ground and enter a crumple state. I think this crumple state is equally long regardless of prior number of hits and lasts for a certain number of frames before they're considered knocked down and thus can't be hit by attacks.

After the wallsplat you want to time cS>fS or cS>5H (if swords deployed) so that the untech time from fS/5H is enough for them to slide down to the ground. This takes some practice and experience because this untech time is reduced for each prior hit earlier in the combo. High enough on the wall for them to slide during untech and reach the ground, but not too high so they can tech out of it.

If you think the situation is pretty bad and they'll most likely tech out of wallsplat slide, do a 6P instead of calling swords, if they mashtech they'll get hit out of it and you can followup with dustloops/new wallcombo. :3

Even after several weeks of playing Ramlethal, I'm getting really frustrated trying to do corner combos.  Varying distances and situations make the wallsplat vary, and I just can't seem to get an eye for when they're too high or too low, and I'll either dash up and my c.S will hit nothing, or they'll tech out and potentially punish me for it.

Is there something I'm missing here, or do you just have to know where they need to be and adjust accordingly?

It comes down to experience.

PPP situation high and far dash early 5c delay 5hs

When its too low you can ppk instead of ppp. What you need to judge is how far to dash and adjust the number of hits require e.g. 5.cs 5.hs or just 5.cs.

In my opinoin more hits can make it easy or harder because gravity kicks in when there is a larger number of hits which makes them fall faster. To the untech point and crumple.

Forgot to mention, while cS gatlings into fS or 5H you can delay the gatling to adjust the combo for height. If they're wallsplat pretty high up you kinda have to do cS > delay > 5H to get the crumple, for example.

Read the last 3 posts, we pretty much just discussed it. After the PPP wallsplat they will crumple if they can't tech while sliding down, which is achieved by hitting them with cS>fS or cS>5H or IAD jSjH.

Naturally you need to keep in mind the combo before it as well. If you first carried them halfway across the screen into the corner the corner crumple will be very tight if not outright impossible due to proration. Conversely if you open up the opponent close to corner then you'll have much more leeway in the combo with delaying cS, fS.

it's just not working for me. I wonder if I have too many hits (15 counting with HS). here's what I'm trying:

on Slayer: in the corner c.S 623P c.S 8 j.8D IAD j.KS delay j.8D IAD j.KS delay j.8D dash PPP dash c.S HS

it's just not working for me. I wonder if I have too many hits (15 counting with HS). here's what I'm trying:

on Slayer: in the corner c.S 623P c.S 8 j.8D IAD j.KS delay j.8D IAD j.KS delay j.8D dash PPP dash c.S HS

Youre probably too far and high for that ppp..early dash 5cs at further range rather instead of dashing closer since you wont have much time. The follow up can be 5cs f.s instead of going 5cs 5hs. Otherwise just go for the iad js jhs 2d ender.

The qestion is do you really need to go for a double iad jksd loop

Yeah, some combos involving multiple dustloops often push you too far away after PPP for you to go for crumple oki.

I generally avoid those and cut them sort since I prefer better oki to some extra damage, or go for the iad j.S j.H 2D ender stated above

Most of these combos require having the S sword equipped anyway, so it's not something you'll encounter after corner oki.

So make sure you get your vortex going no matter what, and then you won't have to worry about any similar issues.

It seems that if you do something like cS 623p cS hS j8d, if you do just one dustloop you are able to do a corner crumble combo but feels rather iffy so it'd be best to forgo the combo altogether and just set up oki.

Double dustloop off that doesn't really give you time do anything other than either cS fS calvados for damage, or cS 2d for knockdown.

Instead of doing the dust combo that ASW suggests in training mode, do this instead.

5d j.h j.h j.k j.s dj.s dj.h

On some you must delay the first j.h, and on others the second j.h will not work at all and you must do j.s instead. If the opponent is far away you just replace j.h with j.s altogether.

Although this combo does less damage, it only does at maximum about 25 less damage, scaling downwards because of guts. In return, you get almost 25 meter more doing this combo over the suggested combo.

Easiest characters to do this on are Sol and light weights, which is pretty much the entire female cast. It's still pretty easy on outlier characters like Ky, Venom, Zato, Slayer, and Leo but you can make this easier by omitting the PK and using c.S, 5HS, j.8D but your 623P needs to be the just frame version. Make sure the opponent is closer to the corner as well. Also, the j.8D needs to be low on the ground. If you do a full jump j.8D there's too much landing recovery for the IAD j.K, j.S, j.8D.

Already getting to do it. Thanks.

Add these combos to the corner section.

[sH-] Combo starter > PPP (wall splat) > dash c.S > 5HS > 6S/HS > 6S/HS hits > dash c.S > 2D 

[sH-] Combo starter > PPP (wall splat) > 6S > 6S hits > dash f.S > 6HS > 6HS hits > dash c.S > 2D

In the above two combos, the double sword deploy combo typically do about 1 point less damage then the single sword deploy combo but you gain a bit more meter. Combo starter can be anything like PK, PK, PPP or IAD loops. 

c.S Starters:

[sH-] c.S > (2D) > 623P > PPP (wall splat) > dash c.S > 5HS > j.2HS > c.S > j.2S > j.2HS hits > air dash j.HS > j.2S hits > j.8D > dash PPP [196 dmg with just frame Daruo, 191 with regular]

Note: The j.2HS needs to be a neutral jump and needs to be cancelled into j.2HS early for the fastest recovery. The j.2S can be either a neutral or back jump. For better oki, end the combo at j.8D.

[sH-] c.S > (2D) > 623P > PPP (wall splat) > dash c.S > 5HS > j.2HS > c.S > j.2S > j.2HS hits > air dash j.HS > j.2S hits > Toranshi [231 dmg with just frame Daruo, 227 dmg with regular Daruo]

Requires: 50% meter

Note: The j.2HS needs a neutral jump and the needs to be cancelled into j.2HS early for the fastest recovery. The j.2S can be a neutral or back jump but I find a neutral jump to be easier.This combo is tricky but essentially you want to hit the j.HS early and then immediately cancel into Toranshi when j.2S hits. The Toranshi super freeze needs to happen while the opponent is still at the peak of their height when they got hit by j.2S. If they're already starting their descent when the super freeze happens they'll bounce off the ground and Toranshi will whiff.

[sH-] c.S > (2D) > 623P > PPP (wall splat) > dash c.S > 5HS > j.2HS > c.S > j.2S > j.2HS hits > air dash j.HS > j.2S hits > Explosion [226 dmg with just frame Daruo, 221 dmg with regular Daruo]

Requires: 50% meter

Note: If timing Toranshi is too tricky you can use Explosion for slightly less damage but much easier timing.

What combos do you guys use against Pot and Bed in the corner?

It depends on whether the swords are equipped or not.

Swords equipped:

c.S > (2D) > JF Daruo > dash c.S > 5HS > j.8D > IAD j.K > j.S > j.8D > dash PPP > dash c.S > f.S > 6S > dash c.S, > 6HS > 6S hits > dash c.S > 6HS hits > dash c.S > 2D

c.S > (2D) > Daruo > c.S > Daruo > c.S > j.8D > IAD j.K > j.S > j.8D > dash PPP > dash c.S > f.S > 6S > dash c.S > 6HS > 6S hits > dash c.S > 6HS hits > dash c.S > 2D

Swords unequipped and both swords are in the corner:

c.S > (2D) > 623P > PPP (wall splat) > dash c.S > 5HS > j.2HS > c.S > j.2S > j.2HS hits > air dash j.HS > j.2S hits > j.8D > dash PPP

Swords unequipped and both swords are midscreen or full screen away:

c.S > (2D) > 623P > PPP (wall splat) > dash c.S > 5HS > j.2S > c.S > Daruo > j.2S hits > dash j.8D

The unequipped sword combos are universal on the cast and while you can do some form of an IAD loop in the corner with swords unequipped I prefer the above two combos because it gives you safe meaty sword oki after wards.

New corner combo when the swords are unequipped and away from the corner.

[sH-] c.S > (2D) > 623P > (PK) > PP~P (wall splat) > IAD delayed j.K > j.2HS > c.S > slight delay 5HS > instant j.2S > j.2HS hits > delayed IAD j.K > j.S > j.2S hits > dash j.8D

Requires: Both swords unequipped and away from corner. Short combo prior to PPP wall splat.

Notes: You need the PPP wall splat to be as lower to the ground as the opponent can tech out after j.K if done too high or too early. For the IAD delay j.K part, you want to wait until they're sliding from the wall splat to do the j.K hence the delay. If you do it too early they'll be able to tech out after the j.K. Sometimes if you got the wall splat really low and you do IAD j.K, j.2HS, c.S, 5HS you'll need to add a slight delay for the j.2HS to combo. It's better to just delay the 5HS in general to keep the timing consistent. Depending on the character you will need to delay the second IAD j.K, j.S. Basically, on middle and light weights you want to delay it. On heavy weights you want to do it sooner.

This combo does more damage than the c.S > (2D) > 623P > PPP (wall splat) > dash c.S > 5HS > j.2S > c.S > Daruo > j.2S hits > dash j.8D and it gets both swords into the corner allowing for a 2HS meaty set up vs a 6HS meaty set up. There's a lot of things you need to keep in mind to get the combo to work so from an execution stand point it's harder than the other combo but the rewards are larger. This combo works universally on the cast. You can adjust the combo if the S sword is in the corner but not the HS sword with the following.

[sH-] c.S > (2D) > 623P > (PK) > PP~P (wall splat) > IAD delayed j.K > j.2HS > c.S > 5HS > j.2S > j.2HS hits > air dash j.HS > j.2S hits > j.8D

Requires: Both swords unequipped, HS sword away from corner, S sword in the corner. Short combo prior to PPP wall splat.

This combo ends in the j.8D knockdown into the same meaty 2HS sword set up I've posted in the oki thread. With these combos we've pretty much got every possbile situation to get the swords into the corner when they're deployed away from the corner. The only situation I can't figure out is when the HS sword is in the corner but the S sword is away from the corner. I can combo into the S sword by itself but I can't find a situation where I can work in the HS sword and get a knockdown for a meaty setup.

I always go back to the initial corner sword combo when doing deployed sword combos.

xx ppp dash c.s 5h j.2h land c.s j.2s AD j.h land j.8d

If a sword is away from the corner, I add moves to compensate for the time the swords take to teleport. For H sword, I add in a slight delay 5h after the land c.s. For the S sword, I replace AD j.h with AD j.s j.8d. Assuming both swords are away from the corner, the entire combo would look like this.

xx ppp dash c.s 5h j.2h land c.s slight delay 5h j.2s AD j.s j.8d land dash j.8d

If the H sword is in the corner but the S sword is not, there is no need to add in the slight delay 5h but there will be a need to replace AD j.h with AD j.s j.8d and this is also true vice versa.

To be fair, I only tested out the combo on both swords deployed away from corner, but the other combos should work in theory.