Sakaku

[Xrd] Ramlethal - Combo Thread (Updated 01/08/2015)

The only situation I can't figure out is when the HS sword is in the corner but the S sword is away from the corner. I can combo into the S sword by itself but I can't find a situation where I can work in the HS sword and get a knockdown for a meaty setup.

When HS sword is deployed in corner near opponent and S is deployed away from the corner you can do this corner combo:

c.5S>(2D)>623P>dash PK>6HS>j.8D>dash PPP>dash c.5S>5HS jc>j.2HS |> c.5S jc>j.2S |> HS sword hits> IAD j.K>j.S |> 2S sword hits>j.8D

Sorry, but why are you doing 6HS after PK? I guess it's for allowing a j8D but you can do the same with 5H which does more damage.

Sorry, but why are you doing 6HS after PK? I guess it's for allowing a j8D but you can do the same with 5H which does more damage.

Don't you mean 5S instead of 5H?if that's the case,that combo would end up doing only about 3 or 4 more damage points.Generally i use 6HS sword in that combo to build a little more meter.

When HS sword is deployed in corner near opponent and S is deployed away from the corner you can do this corner combo:

c.5S>(2D)>623P>dash PK>6HS>j.8D>dash PPP>dash c.5S>5HS jc>j.2HS |> c.5S jc>j.2S |> HS sword hits> IAD j.K>j.S |> 2S sword hits>j.8D

Just tested this combo and it works like a charm and I still get the meaty 2HS sword set up. Sweet! Now I have a meaty sword set up for every sword deploy situation.

Don't you mean 5S instead of 5H?if that's the case,that combo would end up doing only about 3 or 4 more damage points.Generally i use 6HS sword in that combo to build a little more meter.

Yeah I mixed up some combos, what I suggested doesn't even work.

I did some testing though and the combo does more damage if you just omit PK > 6H > j8D. Tension gain from 6H in a combo is neglible, you gain more tension from doing a quick forward dash.

Against Sol, your combo with PK > 6H > j8D: 184 dmg. Without PK > 6H > j8D (just straight for PPP instead): 191, and it's way easier to do. If you add 2D you can add 1 dmg to both of these combos.

Strongest option (with 2D):

cS > 2D > Dauro > *minidash* cS j8D > dash PPP > cS > 5H > jc j2H > cS > jc j2S > IAD jK > jS > j8D: 208 dmg.

Thanks for the combo though, I didn't have a combo for meaty 2H in this situation. I feel pretty dumb.

I agree.PK and 6HS scale the combo harder than just using PPP.

The cS > 2D > Dauro > *minidash* cS j8D route doesn't work on Ky,Potemkin and Bedman,because they drop before j.8D connects.The combo i proposed ,aside from it being really easy, should also be universal(tested it on various characters from different weight classes,but not on every single one).

But yeah, i would definitely use the *minidash* cS j8D on every other character,because the damage is actually worth it.

From my experiences, if you do c.S, 2D xx JF Daruo you won't need a mini-dash to land c.S, j.8D. If you get regular Daruo you'll can do PK, c.S, j.8D instead.If you feel that they dropped too low after c.S you can add 5HS afterwards then do j.8D. It'll probably work with double Daruo combos as well but I'll need to do some testing to see if the pushback and scaling is too much for the combo to work.

From my experiences, if you do c.S, 2D xx JF Daruo you won't need a mini-dash to land c.S, j.8D. If you get regular Daruo you'll can do PK, c.S, j.8D instead.If you feel that they dropped too low after c.S you can add 5HS afterwards then do j.8D. It'll probably work with double Daruo combos as well but I'll need to do some testing to see if the pushback and scaling is too much for the combo to work.

You don't need the microdash after Dauro in that combo , but it may be easier against some characters,because you end up closer to the opponent ,making (dash) PPP easier to connect.

I'm having trouble connecting PPP on Zato and Venom (using cS > 2D > Dauro > (microdash) c.5S> j8D),because they fall too fast.

You don't need the microdash after Dauro in that combo , but it may be easier against some characters,because you end up closer to the opponent ,making (dash) PPP easier to connect.

I'm having trouble connecting PPP on Zato and Venom (using cS > 2D > Dauro > (microdash) c.5S> j8D),because they fall too fast.

Have you tried omitting the microdash and going c.S, j.8D or insert 5HS after c.S to raise them higher? That might help with making the combo more consistent with them.

someone who could write up these new 1.10 bnb combos in this video? <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lr3Rta5QRas

Midscreen

0:00-0:12

c.S > 623~P > 665PK > 665PK > c.S > jc > j.K > j.S+ > djc > j.K > j.2D > j.214K

0:13-0:28

c.S > 623~P > 665PK > 665PK > 2KPP > 9 > j.K > djc > j.K > j.S+ > j.2D > j.214K

0:29-0:40

c.S > 623P > 665PK4K > 5KPK > 665PPP

0:41-0:53

c.S > 623P > c.S > 623~P > 5K4K > c.S > j.8D

0:54-1:10

c.S > 623~P > c.S > 623~P > 5K4K > 5KK > deploy sword into oki

1:11-1:25

c.S > 623~P > c.S > 623~P > 5K4K > 5KPK > 665PP > 5PPP (PPP extension only works on May, Sol, Ky, Bedman, Slayer, Leo, and Axl)

1:26-1:37

c.S > 623~P > 665PK > 6HS+ > 665PK > 6S+ > 5KK4K

1:38-1:54

6K > 5PPK > 665P > 665PK4K > 5KPK > 665PP > 5PPP (Doesn't work on May and Potemkin; PPP extension only works on Sol, Ky, Slayer, Bedman, Leo, and Axl)

1:55-2:08

6K > 5PPK > 665PK4K > 5PP > 5PPP (Doesn't work on May and Potemkin)

Corner (*all of these don't work on May and Potemkin)

2:09-2:21

6K > 5PPK > 66 > c.S wallsplat > c.S > 2D > 623P > 665PP > 5PP > 5PPP

2:22-2:35

6K > 5PPK > c.S > 5HS+ > j.8D > [iAD j.K > j.S+ > j.8D] x2 > 66 > 5PPP

2:36-2:47

6K > 5PPK > 66 > c.S > 6S+ > 1P > 4P > 6HS+ > 661P > 4P > 66 > c.S > 2D

2:48-3:00

[both swords deployed] 6K > 5PPK > c.S > jc > j.2HS- > c.S > 2S- > 66 > 5HS- > j.8D > 66 > 5PPP

Lightweight-specific Corner (only works on May, Millia, Elphelt, I-No, Ramlethal)

3:01-3:18

c.S > 623P > 665PP > c.S > j.8D > [iAD j.K > j.S+ > j.8D] x2 > 66 > 5PPP wallsplat > 4P4P > 6S+ > c.S > 6HS+ > c.S > c.S > 2D

3:19-3:41

[both swords deployed] c.S > 623P > 665PP > c.S > j.8D > 66 > 623P > 5PPP wallsplat > 66 > c.S > jc > j.2HS- > c.S > 2S- > 66 > 5HS- > Trance > 4P4P4P > Trance close to ending > 5PPP > Trance > 3K > 4PPPPPP

If I missed something/wrote down wrong/annoying notation, please let me know.

https://twitter.com/_10mo/status/600744687893237760

Yet another corner carry combo has been discovered:

c.5S>(Green) 623P>dash PK>dash PK>dash KP>c.5S>623P>KP>PPP.

What's good about this combo is that it doesn't require any sword to be equipped,unlike the old Daiji combo(623P>dash j.PKS8D>IAD loop),which required S sword.The new one does about 30 less damage than the latter,but it's ok.

With this combo and the PK delayed 4K sideswitch combo in Ramlethal's arsenal we can practically guarantee corner positioning whenever we want.

I suppose the question is that will it work with most of the common block string starter since c.s is often a luxury starter and a direct confirm into dauro might be challenging especially the green one now.

I suppose the question is that will it work with most of the common block string starter since c.s is often a luxury starter and a direct confirm into dauro might be challenging especially the green one now.

Tested these on Sol.After every starter,you skip the first Dauro and go straight to dash PK.So the combo becomes:

dash PK>dash PK>dash KP>c.5S>623P>KP>PPP

-2KPP

-4P1PKK Red RC or 4PP1KK Red RC. The 623P must be green

-2KPK Red RC

I could see that combo being used after a successful oki in midscreen further away from corner range.

Also what is wrong with green Dauro?It feels the same.

Ic that does simplified the rc route i suppose its possible to omitted the last 2 part for a 5kk ender low air to ground kd.

As for green dauro maybe i havent science it enough for pad usuage. If i remember correctly holding direction input 3 helps but the pad encourage 2 6 8 4 direction or was that something i imagined lol.

What do you consider as the last 2 parts? KP>PPP?If you want to go for a 5KK knockdown you must end the combo much sooner than that.For example after 2KPP you can go for PK4K>5KK and after 4PP1KK red RC for dash PK>dash PK>5KK.

I asked about Dauro,because I remember in some loctest they changed the input for green Dauro,but it seems that it didn't make it to the final version

Sorry i meant to write that as a question, is it possible?

With what ever minutes of test i did.

4p1p2kk rc dash pk dash pk dash kp 5kk works. Guess i will try and add a dauro or so next time. In general i feel after any combination kp into 5kk might be universal.

Hey so, one thing that stands out about Ram is that she doesn't really do damage off of 5P at mid screen unless she catches them crouching, though she can use the 5PPK route or the 5KKK route in the corner for wall splat.  Otherwise you have to spend meter to get damage off of 5P or 5K opener at mid screen.  Most of the openers I saw earlier in the thread go off of 5PPP RC, and that's used in challenge mode, but the new 5PK4K route is a little more optimized.  5PK has enough stagger for the 4K to hit, and if you RC this there's enough float that you can wait until the time slow ends to get unprorated damage.  It also hurts a bit more than 5PPP.

Bonus points because there's enough float to deploy both swords if you have them equipped, or call them back, or use a deployed 2S/2H (I can't seem to call both with enough time to land a hit to set them up).  5KKK will probably lead to more damage since it's unprorated and each hit is a bit stronger than 5PK4K, but there are situations where you'd poke with 5P over 5K, and there are situations in which you may wish to recall or deploy both swords.  Just throwing this out there since I didn't really see it mentioned.

Hey so, one thing that stands out about Ram is that she doesn't really do damage off of 5P at mid screen unless she catches them crouching, though she can use the 5PPK route or the 5KKK route in the corner for wall splat.  Otherwise you have to spend meter to get damage off of 5P or 5K opener at mid screen.  Most of the openers I saw earlier in the thread go off of 5PPP RC, and that's used in challenge mode, but the new 5PK4K route is a little more optimized.  5PK has enough stagger for the 4K to hit, and if you RC this there's enough float that you can wait until the time slow ends to get unprorated damage.  It also hurts a bit more than 5PPP.

Bonus points because there's enough float to deploy both swords if you have them equipped, or call them back, or use a deployed 2S/2H (I can't seem to call both with enough time to land a hit to set them up).  5KKK will probably lead to more damage since it's unprorated and each hit is a bit stronger than 5PK4K, but there are situations where you'd poke with 5P over 5K, and there are situations in which you may wish to recall or deploy both swords.  Just throwing this out there since I didn't really see it mentioned.

I think that this was known,because of the stagger that 5PK causes,but it's nice that you mention it.I can see that being used as a punish tool along some moves,along with red RC.You can do 5PK4K red RC into IAD loop corner carry or the recently discovered corner carry with the combination moves.You even have time for a side switch if you are closer to the corner.Generally you wouldn't want to throw a 5PK in blockstring,because it's unsafe on block,not jump cancelable and iirc only cancelable in sword deploy/summon or retrieval.You can do 4PP in a blockstring and if it hit you can do 5K4K and go for red RC or oki from there.

While 5K had its startup reduced to 6 frames,you can't get much from it,especially at its max range and at closer ranges you would be probably using 4P;but there are some uses for 5K.It's a nice footsie and pressure tool in the corner,along with 6HS,6S (already deployed swords).If you hit comfirm with 5K in the corner you can continue with KK.If your opponent is crouching 5KPK is essentially the same combination as 5PPK (good as midscreen combo starter with 5K).5KK4K (or just 5K4K) naturally combos on crouchers too.Another thing that many non Ramlethal players are unaware of is 5KPP.Most people expect the P overhead after 2KP,but 5KPP is essentially the same combination as 2KPP,but with less groundbounce height.So you can throw that midscreen too and if the last P hits proceed into full combo.Also don't forget that 5K chains into her overhead 6K,which can be used along with some sword setups in the corner.

After some games and a bit of practise, lol im finding those new combo almost rare to pull off. Since you dont get you choose your starter; the amount of hits before dauro i.e iad jk js land c.s, lack of clean hits that goes into damage is also a problem with a worst neutral.

And 5pp4k 5kk doesnt seems to connect with all starter, so there will need to be some changes there. Probably a 4hs retrieve sword combo into 5kk mid screen is more important.

On a crouching Sol it's possible to do 5KPK 5KPK 5KPK *wallsplat* into corner sword deploy combo. Not very practical. :) https://d.maxfile.ro/ndglrouuva.mp4

Also, maybe a pretty decent BNB, this works on sol;

cS (2D) > Dauro > cS > Dauro > 5K4K > PPP (Or PP > PPP)

From midscreen into corner with sword deploy combo into 2D i got 194 (198 with cS5H) dmg, which is pretty good, and not very hard to do.

Also found a very consistent way to combo into the midscreen oki on light characters (Like Ram and Milia):

cS (2D) > Dauro > 5K4K > PK > KK xx 6S/6H

Another combo that works on lights;

cS (2D) > Dauro > 5K4K > PK > 5K4K > PPP (Pretty tight though)

I don't really see why you'd go for 5K4K after double Dauro on a mid weight, if you do it correctly you can go for one iad rep into PPP instead for more damage, carry and meter. You can even do it after cramming 3 hits before Dauro, like j.K j.S c.S

I can see myself doing it only on Pot or Bedman, and it shouldn't work at all on the feathers.

Now the last combo I can dig, since I've always had trouble with light weights. It may sound stupid but it's hard for me to do non jf Dauro; it won't ever come naturally, I have to force myself to "screw" the motion up every single time which is bad

Even with non green Dauro I have trouble doing even baby combos on feathers, like double PK lol

What do you guys use on them when you want KK ender? Regular Dauro > dash PK4K > KK works, but maybe there's something better

Try to do 6236 for regular Dauro. Most reliable input for me. I'm doing exactly what you wrote, except I delay at K>K slightly.

What do you guys use on them when you want KK ender? Regular Dauro > dash PK4K > KK works, but maybe there's something better

Depends on your starting hit.... something like ad jk j.s land c.s 2d adding lots of proration so simple dash pk 5kk works, you can sneak in 5kp in between if too high.

Otherwise i find dash pk4k quite unreliable using different combination stater and different weight class.

Throw rc max dash pk pk c.s dauro normal 2ppk 5ppp. I like how its easy and works on most of the cast only poissible due to increase gravity.

Anyone know the secret to using 2ppk with the double dauro route.