Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ivanchu77

Nitroplus Blasterz: Heroines Infinite Duel

Yeah. With some of the best tutorials and explanations being in Japanese,  it really doesn't help the growth of the game outside of Japan. Even among people who would seem interested in playing. 

As much of a hassle as it probably would be: it might be a good move for Localization companies to have young primers for these kinda games on their websites or something like that. I seem to remember  Aksys doing something similar with some of there projects (even though those games had in depth tutorials). . .

Yeah, BBCT had a video tutorial CD. Meanwhile, Xrd has a link to the Japanese wiki right in the game, along with the tutorial and stuff.

Well, in any case, I'm ready to do whatever I can to help people learn the game, just like I've been doing it so far.

Got a chance to play quite a bit of the demo build at SCR this weekend.  It is orders of magnitude more satisfying to play than the videos make it appear, IMO.

I really only put time into Ignis and Ethica.  Ignis really appeals to me because, from what I've seen of how she's played in arcades, her combos are generally pretty short with most of her gameplay revolving around utilizing grenades and traps for resets.  Good for someone like me who has a difficult time remembering / executing long combos.  That said, utilizing all those tools in conjunction with the universal system mechanics the game gives you isn't something I was able to do over the course of my time playing her.  She'll definitely require some time in the lab on release.  With some thoughtful assists and trap placement, I can see her being pretty terrifying in the right hands.

Ethica was a little more straightforward.  While I guess she's technically the grappler of the game, she doesn't feel like what I would consider to be a traditional grappler- her command grabs don't have a lot of range nor do they seem to start very quickly like Zangief's and I didn't notice any invulnerability on her grabs as with Tamaki in AP.  I had quite a bit of success using the roll cancels out of block strings to get in and land grabs but I have a feeling opponents should be able to just mash A to stuff that tactic.  Even her super grab (qcf A+B) has long startup and doesn't have much (if any) in the way of invulnerability as it launches at the opponent so, as effective as it was during casuals, I think it will take a lot more work to use once people are used to the game.

Two characters I played against that absolutely confused the hell out of me are Saya and Sonico.  The way you go about fighting them seems to be drastically different than all the other characters.  Everyone has some stuff I'm not familiar with but with these two, I often had no idea what was happening.  Sonico has a standing overhead in the form of the orange cat that jumps off the ground (just like the others) and slashes you (just like the others).  There is also ceiling nee-san that anyone who has fought Maori in AH3 will recognize but in addition, there is now also wall nee-san...  If you are backed into a corner or full screen, this girl literally comes out of nowhere.

Overall, I obviously had a lot of fun with it.  I wish I had tried some more characters but I'm rather slow to pick up on things so it's probably best I just stuck with a couple.  A few other final thoughts while I'm thinking about them:

-The assist selection on the console version is a little weird.  When the screen first loads up, it shows character portraits for both assists you had selected previously.  However, once you choose your first assist, the cursor automatically jumps to the cell below your selection rather than to the character you had previously selected in your second slot.  This led to picking the wrong assist on more than one occasion.  It's not a big deal but it's something that was probably almost a non-issue on the arcade release since I think it defaults to the player's pre-assigned selections.

-UI is identical to Aquapazza.  Everything I saw from the main menu, character and color selection (each character has 20 colors) to the command lists and rematch screen are the same.

Speaking of command lists, apparently Examu are handling the translations in-house.  This already led to some pretty amusing move names and I'm sure Xseed will have a lot of fun editing the story text.  Something that may not be as amusing is the netcode- hopefully they've improved upon what was used in AP.  Netcode is never something that will make me not buy a game but with how much variety there is to the characters, good netcode will go a long way towards letting people get the experience they need at matchups to be competitive.

I have this saved for Anna stuff: http://pastebin.com/kEK7phm5

Note that I wrote it soon after the game's release, so some of the info might be outdated.

her command grabs don't have a lot of range nor do they seem to start very quickly like Zangief's and I didn't notice any invulnerability on her grabs as with Tamaki in AP.

Actually, Ethica's regular command grabs are very similar to Tamaki's: she has an invulnerable grab (41236ABC), a fast, strong grab (632146ABC), and the anti-air grab that you can combo into (623ABC, though it's not actually a grab and can be blocked). It's true that her lunging grab has no true invulnerability (though it is projectile-invulnerable), but its main use is as a combo tool; if you want the usual super-grab, you have 6321463214A+B.

Also, I had no idea you guys had a chance to play as Sonico: she's not in the arcades yet, and Examu didn't have any streams that show her gameplay. I would really appreciate any info on her, as looking it up on Twitter is impossible right now: the tag is filled with retweets for the PS4 lottery.

Actually, Ethica's regular command grabs are very similar to Tamaki's: she has an invulnerable grab (41236ABC), 

I'm pretty sure that is actually just a qcf, not a half-circle like the wiki says.  At least I think that's what I saw in the command list and what I experienced when first trying her out- I kept doing 2ABC>qcf out of habit.  I tried to use it a few times but it was very hard to get within range without getting the DP spike grab instead.  I also tried using it on opponent's wakeup and never saw their attacks just go right through its startup like so often happened with Tamaki.  Whatever invulnerability that move has, it's no doubt much shorter or less abusable than Tamaki's.

Also, I had no idea you guys had a chance to play as Sonico: she's not in the arcades yet, and Examu didn't have any streams that show her gameplay. I would really appreciate any info on her, as looking it up on Twitter is impossible right now: the tag is filled with retweets for the PS4 lottery.

There were a number of characters we weren't allowed to use in this build due to various issues (from the sound of things, some were due to licensing deals while others were due to incomplete assets).  Unless the Xseed reps were given the wrong list though, Sonico wasn't one of them- Anna and Ouka were the only playable characters we couldn't pick (assist Sonico, IIRC was off limits however).  There were a slew of assist characters that weren't allowed as well.  It was a bit of a minefield when you got to the assist screen so I just found a couple I knew were allowed and stuck to them all weekend.

As far as Sonico goes though, I didn't play her myself but from what I could gather, the cats make up most of her normals.  They follow her around at a slight delay and attack when she calls them.  They trail her movements a bit but I'm not sure if their attack range is based on Sonico's position or their position at the time of the attack.  The overhead cat is forward+heavy and there are some that hit low obviously.  I'm pretty sure I saw one cat that rests quite far from Sonico on the opponent's side of the stage as well.

Her specials seem to throw the various band members into the mix like I mentioned previously.  I don't know what the inputs were but one is an overhead that drops from the sky, another rockets in from the opposite side of the stage (behind the opponent), I think the drummer jumps in from behind Sonico and drums the opponent repeatedly with a multi-hitting move.  She also has a command grab super, IIRC where one of the cats lunges out and grabs the opponent.  I did see what I believe was her Lethal Blaze a number of times but I never noticed what it does- she literally goes into a photo shoot and a big heart explodes on the screen.  It might just be outright damage but the art assets kind of give it the look of a healing move.  Not sure if that makes sense... Whenever I saw it, the cinematic was already in progress so I didn't catch where the health bars were beforehand.

Overall she looks like a pretty silly character.  I'm not sure how it will be once people learn all her gimmicks but she seemed very hard to fight without matchup knowledge.

That sounds really weird, interesting though. The cats are normals and are like...AP follow assists? That doesn't even sound like it could work as a character lol

I'm pretty sure she carries one of her cats on her and the other ones trail close by so as to not have them be like puppets, with the exception of the one that was mentioned to stray away.

So just asking but anyone know if there is going to be a showing at CEOtaku or no? If not, that saves me a trip of attending (although I would like to go for the Aquapazza tournament but the drive is torture).

So just asking but anyone know if there is going to be a showing at CEOtaku or no? If not, that saves me a trip of attending (although I would like to go for the Aquapazza tournament but the drive is torture).

I doubt it.  It's not something they'd have any reason to keep quiet about and I don't see anything about it anywhere.  You might try asking them on twitter but consider that bringing a build to SCR is a short drive across town.  Bringing one to CEOtaku is a long flight across the country.  And being a build with the aforementioned restrictions, it's not something they can just send over without handlers either.

It might be worth asking about just to find out if they plan to have it at any other events though.  I wish I'd thought to ask them while I was at SCR...

Quite a bit of stuff happened over the weekend, so let's get to it.

1. Apparently, Xseed is only going to publish the PS3 version through PSN. Ask Dreiko for the exact wording, as he's the one who asked about it and got the reply. And now don't regret pre-ordering the JP PS3 disc so much.

2. Japan got to play Sonico, as well, and even got a sample combo on the game's website.

3. The same event revealed first proper Ouka footage and even announced a new assist character, Hougyou Ilia from Tokyo Necro. You can check it in the stream's timeshift here, see the screenshots here (and here), or just watch the updated version of the trailer:

Basically I sent Xseed an email asking about details regarding the release and they told me that the ps3 version indeed is gonna be digital only and also that they're still not sure on the release date, so Jan 5 is not set in stone yet.

All right so....people that were worried about Anna, here is what I was talking about:

https://youtu.be/ODCZmHcfJ-g?t=203

https://youtu.be/0GGK-7b5H1g?t=253

Pretty sure this character is good lol.

edit: Oh yeah, and I should note, it's not as if I looked for these. They're just the first two videos I've watched of NPB in a few weeks.

Basically I sent Xseed an email asking about details regarding the release and they told me that the ps3 version indeed is gonna be digital only and also that they're still not sure on the release date, so Jan 5 is not set in stone yet.

Expected but disappointed. Still, happy that PS3 players aren't being left out in the cold.

I'm still wondering how Wyrdwad and crew are gonna try to market this one stateside. I'm sure they'd like to push the Saya connection more, maybe even doing some kind of tie-in with JAST, but are understandably hesitant to place emphasis on a 18+ VN (with an arguable loli) in relation to a Playstation product. They'll probably just settle for some generic and vague ad copy about fighting anime waifus, as if it was another Arcana Heart or Senran Kagura game (though of course it does include characters from both those series).

Yeah, I got the same response from XSEED through Facebook in regards to the PS3 version. So yeah, confirmed PSN Download only. As for the date, they wouldn't give me any so we just go with the placeholder date of Jan 5th for right now.

Currently planning to do a EXAMU USA Cup next year for AWA. Trying to get XSEED & ATLUS on board.

I pre-ordered the limited edition from play-asia, this will be my first imported game so I'm hyped. I'm also getting Fighting Climax Ignition when it drops! This winter is going to be Awesome!! 

http://www.play-asia.com/search/Nitroplus+Blasterz+Heroines+Infinite+Duel?affiliate_id=2015515

I'm going to say this now, you guys should not order those limited editions from Play-Asia. You're getting robbed by those hiked prices. I like Play-Asia - mind you - but that price is unjustified. Get it from AmiAmi which is hella cheaper (You're saving a ton of money).

http://slist.amiami.com/top/search/list?s_keywords=Nitroplus+Blasterz+-Heroines+Infinite+Duel-+&submit=Search&pagemax=40

We also got an Ilia demo:

Looks pretty underwhelming to me, though it might be useful as a "Get off me" button.

I don't know why but the Ouka-chan looks like she's going to have a hella big of a hurtbox unless their going to limit down to her actual body and not the huge ass cross on her back. I don't know but looks llike she's going to be the Sentinel of the game, ya think?