Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ivanchu77

Nitroplus Blasterz: Heroines Infinite Duel

Another possible site to get this game could be Nippon-Yasan. Getting my limited edition from here.

Cancelled my pre-order with play-asia, Nippon-Yasan is a waaaay better deal. Good lookin'!

I don't know why but the Ouka-chan looks like she's going to have a hella big of a hurtbox unless their going to limit down to her actual body and not the huge ass cross on her back. I don't know but looks llike she's going to be the Sentinel of the game, ya think?

Her hurt box should be scaled to her body, if not everything she does is going to be plus.  Which would suck! :\

Two matches with Sonico against Saber in HD and 60fps:

Of course these are no professional plays but at least we can see some of Sonico's moves and win pose. Ohh, and... spare yourself and don't look into the comment section of this video.
I love how they implemented her friends into her gameplay. Suzu dropkicking her opponents is always fun to watch.

Ohh, and... spare yourself and don't look into the comment section of this video.

Oh come on, the "I dislike the Fate series, Nasu's writing and everything Nitro+ has ever released" part is hilarious.

I have no idea what Sonico's LB does: it doesn't seem to affect any part of the HUD, and it didn't deal much damage, either, just applied that heart status effect on Saber. Maybe it's something like the opposite of Ruili's LB in that it limits the opponent's options in some way? And since this the players don't use all their options in the first place, you can't see the difference.

Oh come on, the "I dislike the Fate series, Nasu's writing and everything Nitro+ has ever released" part is hilarious.

I haven't laughed this hard in a long time,  until I read that YT comment. 

Anyway. The more I see of this game; the more hyped I get.

Don't know if I'll able to hold out til the NA version... especially if it still has an estimated release date when the JP one comes out. 

Yeah, the parallels have been drawn on the last page. It makes sense, really: Sonico's greatest strength is her popularity, which means that she has lots of strong friends to help her. Gotta love how Examu matches each character's personality with their fighting style.

I gotta ask this, anyone know someone who lives in Japan or actually lives there and is going to the "Fuyu no Marvelous-sai 3 Title Godo Taiken-kai" event on Nov 1st through 23rd? It's supposed to be held at stores in Tokyo, kanagawa, Osaka, & Nagoya. Basically, you'll get to try the game out (console version) and also get to snag a few extras.....the most notable is the faceplate for anyone who has a Madcatz Arcade Fightstick Tournament Edition 2 which has the art that is used in the 3D Crystal that comes with the PS4 version (the one with Sonico, Sansei Muramasa, & Ignis). There's also going to be a twitter contest to give away an arcade stick with the faceplate on it also (not sure about the faceplate but the stick is a gimme).

If anything, I wouldn't mind paying someone to snag one of those faceplates for me if possible. Just had to ask on the offset chance there is actually someone going. ~ _~

4 hours ago, Luis said:

Since Anna is a charge character what's her personality?

I think it's the theme of the moves rather than how one inputs them that tells one about the char's personality. It's not Sonico's inputs that do this job, it's what the moves do AFTER you input them that does this.

In Anna's case we can see she likes to throw a lot of swords everywhere hoping they'd hit so I can see a somewhat earnest airhead type of personality in her, also her battle quotes help me reach this conclusion.

Actually, her being a charge character makes sense, too: it's natural to think of the charge characters as defensive ones, and Anna is a very defensive character even outside of her charge inputs (even her LB is a parry, after all). She's an anti-werewolf weapon, she's supposed to protect, not attack random strangers. Oh, and she's a clockwork doll, so "wind up, unwind" motions works even better with her.

I didn't notice it either. If it's something that has to be pointed out to you to mind it, by definition you didn't mind it before, thus I'd say no the footsteps don't bother me. :P

No, I didn't mean Sonico's attacks per se, but her (and Saber) both seem to have louder/different step sounds than the other characters. I'd noticed it before mainly just with Saber matches, I figured from her boots being steel. The two of them going at it at that one video posted earlier just seemingly doubled the effect, lol. Hopefully it's a small peeve I can get over.

Just like everyone else I didn't noticed it in the video at first and now I can't unhear it. I agree that it's loud.

I don't know about them being the last heroines, they stil got Homura and Heart.

Wonder what's up with this Al boss version:

http://www.famitsu.com/images/000/092/315/563b019904a0d.html

I suppose it's much easier than adding Another Blood or some other brand-new boss.

It's not that common for console characters to be completely left out of the arcade version, though. Even if the consoles are going to get them first, they're very likely to be added to arcades with a later patch.

Meanwhile, Examu just had a stream with Ouka gameplay, which you can watch over here (it won't let me download it for some reason):
http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv240604200

Some highlights, as usual:
 - Ouka has fast forward (and backward!) run and is overall very mobile despite her size.
 - Highlight normals include a fast low-profile slide, Aigis-like machinegun shots, and a crazy spinning charge (pretty sure it's not a special).
 - Her first special has her shoot a bunch of homing rockets. She can also do it in midair. Not sure what's the difference between different versions of the move.
 - The second special has her summon a laser beam from above that strikes the ground at some distance. After the laser goes away, Ouka's panda pal, Pandagawa, may fall down randomly, making it tricky to punish.
 - Ouka also has a counter-stance that blows the opponent away if they hit her in it. It doesn't react to projectiles, simply blocking them. Different versions last for different periods of time, making for another tricky special to punish.
 - Last but not least, her fourth special is a quick flying dash that make her enter the flight mode afterwards. It lasts for a limited time, lets her move in any direction, and changes all her airborne normals. Different versions make her charge in different directions. This move can also be done in midair for three more directions.

- Her first super is a gunshot barrage we saw in some trailers. Nothing really special, just lots of full-screen projectile.
 - Another super is a huge rocket that flies upwards and falls down at some distance. Mostly intended as an anti-air because of its trajectory. Deals lots of chip damage on block.
 - The third super is a charging command grab. Deals lots of damage, but you can react to the super-flash and jump out. Can also be performed in mid-air.
 - The LB has her fly to space, make a beam sword appear out of her cross, and slash the entire screen multiple times. Very similar to Ignis's Anor, except that Ouka goes off the screen on start-up (though you have more than enough time to still block it even she uses it as a reversal).
 - Lastly, the Variable Rush comes with a few gimmicks. First, its horizontal range is poor, but its vertical range is excellent, so it's better used as an anti-air. And second, one of its enders has very strict timing that you have to hit if you want to deal lots of damage. Kinda like Enja's rekka or Fiona's Sacred Bringer/Punish.

- As it turns out, Ilia is a bit more complicated than I first thought. Those walls she makes don't let you pass through them, so you can use them to cover some slow super or give your opponent a reason to high-jump over them. Note that it doesn't block projectiles.

Meanwhile, Examu have also released their DLC info:
http://nitroplus_blasterz.marv.jp/dlc/
 - If you buy the digital version of the game until January 7th, you get the DLC characters for free.
 - If you don't, you can buy either of them for 800 Yen, or buy both for 1250.
 - The swimsuits can be bought by anyone for 800 Yen more.

More footage of Nitroplus Blasterz from Revolution 2015, which had a tournament with the test build of the PS4 version, starting here.
They were also some Sonico matches:

They also had Ouka in their build, but they weren't allowed to select her.

What's Saya doing to the opponent when she wins? That's if anyone here has read the Saya no uta visual novel.