Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ivanchu77

Nitroplus Blasterz: Heroines Infinite Duel

For me, I would say the hardest aspect in my book with using Muramasa is getting in on opponents with range attacks using web sling. I play a more rushdown game which I probably shouldn't be doing with her and because of it, I'm too reliant on web sling for mobility. That's just my take on her but I'm pretty sure others might have other things to add on to what I just said. I've been dabbing into Ouka-chan a bit too much than I originally planned for the game though.

On 12/25/2015 at 7:47 PM, Sadv3 said:

I guess that's when I'm getting it and I think you mean 2016.

Yeah, 2016. My bad. Honestly, this game seems dead. Hardly anyone online. Fighting Climax pretty much overshadows this game by a mile. It's really sad as this is a really deep game. Think the American launch is going to be beyond horrible so we probably will never see another one of these. 

I guess youre new to examu games cuz theyve always been one of the most niche fighting gaming developers even in japan and even more so outside 

This is what I've been working on with ignise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEYcytm09q0&feature=youtu.be
0:0 - 9:0 = A gold blast combo

12:0 - 19:0 = Blue blast at earliest frame.

20:0 - 30:0 = Delay Blue blast

37:0 - 40:0 = Anti Blue blast

43:0 - 49:0  = Anti Blue blast set up.

Misc

Ingnise can gold blast safely by walking just out of 2B range after Akane assist causing opponent's The blue blast whiff. It seem only during 2B can the opponent really avoid this combo/ set up, at any other point after Akane assist  Ignise player can easily react to blue blast and cancel into Sakura assist mid combo. only other feasible point is during 2D cancel after Ignise 4X follow up but Ignise can simply assist cancel 4x and proceed regular.  

Ignise can always Combo blast or Bait blue burst regularly after Akane assist with 22x.

Ignise stuff.mp4

I stopped playing this after a week due to a combination of "got a ps4" and it's winter break for me, and I'm incapable of keeping a reasonable sleep schedule and I don't want to bother the person in the next apartment with late night arcade stick clacking. Oops. I still feel like playing it sometimes, but I'd really rather not have to use dual shock.

On 12/29/2015 at 5:47 PM, SoWL said:

I might've been a little disappointed by 2C being so bad right after I managed to use it in a combo. And now that I failed to do it against Ouka, I see where you were coming from.

I think on top of the issue with 2C whiffing even while hit confirming at certain distances, Ouka is also an exception as far as hurtboxes go, everyone might have to adjust some combos for her (That on top of her having a very deciduous hurtbox due to the size of her cross) 

For instance, Homura has to adjust her grab combo from 2E, j.C, 236C, D to 2E, j.B, 236C, D.

On 12/29/2015 at 5:47 PM, SoWL said:

To make this a little bit more productive, what would you consider to be Muramasa's hardest aspects? Basically, what should I pay attention to as I play my first matches with her? I assume that it's all about the web neutral, but if it's something like getting used to the general game mechanics, I might put her aside and pick a more simple character until I get used to it.

-Stubby normals, her quickest attacks being extremely hard to implement on neutral, her overall set of normals is somewhat awkward but I assume that's a trade off for his excellent mobility and being able to just hover in the air forever to avoid nasty assists like the zombies. The range of her normals is a big issue against character with long normals or good buttons. Al and Saya come to mind, the Saya match up is especially bad for her. And the slight start up of setting up 214 webs on neutral against these characters just makes neutral even harder.

-While not exactly difficult, conversions are a bit on the awkward side (More often than not you'll have to use the E cancel early in the combo to aim for the ground or wall bounce, this might make hit confirming a bit hard, not to mention that sometimes Muramasa won't crossup after the E cancel (Example: Grab, 5E dash cancel, 236A, j.B, E, j.C..) and adjusting on the fly might require very very good reflexes. As matter of fact, Muramasa doesn't cross up Ouka 80% of the time (It still happens, that's the frustrating part) so at least you can be sure what route to follow against her.

Overall, her combos aren't very conventional and you have to be patient and time moves in a game where everyone can just rush in and press all the buttons so she's not exactly newbie friendly.

-236B is a decent tool on neutral but somewhat predictable, you can mix it up with 236A but the conversion might be a tad awkward at certain distances.

-Her supers are kind of a mixed bag, 236AB can only be performed in the air so it sorta loses some utility on neutral to punish certain things. 623AB is a GREAT starter and you can punish a lot of things you might see coming a mile away, but for some reason it's not as effective as other counters in neutral (I feel like this is because of the way the buttons buffer during a super flash) so a lot of people just don't bother implementing it on their playstyle and would rather shield with E and properly punish. 421AB is... funny, it heals Muramasa and does some damage, again, unusable on neutral (Unless covered by an assist) and also awkward as a combo ender and the tiny hitbox doesn't help, there's setups (It'll always connect after a 623H if your combo is grounded or you manage to restand) and you can even cover yourself with say... Dragon, to heal the max amount of life possible, but this is also very situational, usually 236AB is just the better ender.

-Speaking of supers, her Variable Rush is nothing special, which is sad because Ignis starts with a guard break and Homura with a very fast teleport cross up, she doesn't get a load of damage off the launcher variation either.

Her LV3 is a strong point though, you see someone calling an assist on neutral? A projectile? Just Railgun Magatsu on reaction, even if the opponent is at full screen.

I don't know why but I always tend to laugh at myself when I look at the rankings for any EXAMU game that hits the Playstation. I've never seen a cheating try-hard like BlackNeppy ever.

Oh well.....online tends to be a desert everytime I go on so I guess I'll have to wait till the NA version comes out to find an ample amount of matches. ~ _~

On 03.01.2016 at 3:49 PM, S.D. said:

421AB is... funny, it heals Muramasa and does some damage, again, unusable on neutral (Unless covered by an assist) and also awkward as a combo ender and the tiny hitbox doesn't help, there's setups (It'll always connect after a 623H if your combo is grounded or you manage to restand) and you can even cover yourself with say... Dragon, to heal the max amount of life possible, but this is also very situational, usually 236AB is just the better ender.

To be honest, Manual Down does not strike me as a combo ender, mostly because of its short range. It feels more like a reversal super, especially since she doesn't have any other reversal options, though I'm not sure if she really needs it with Enchant Minus.

online tends to be a desert everytime I go on so I guess I'll have to wait till the NA version comes out to find an ample amount of matches.

Mine will be one more name on the list, hopefully not creating a log jam of lagging goodness.

Got this game today, having fun with mah Al <3 Got any good combo videos for her?

Also, has anyone translated the online mode menus? Tried ranking but... eh... only part I understood was "Area" and "everything" lol

Guys, who's playing this? I want to spare with someone.

Also, who are the best assists for mah Al? If you can provide pictures, better lol (I can't read complex moonrunes, only katakana and hiragana)

I play this game often and stream it on my channel along with my friend escapingworkforce. Check out channels out when we play fighting games. I play all the zany anime ones.

Still getting used to Muramasa (haven't even tried playing online yet), and even though I'm getting the hang of her neutral game, I drop her combos left and right. Not too long ago, I realized that the 2B 5C 214B route does not work if you go for it too soon (like, off a 2B confirm rather than a 2A one). Which kinda sucks, since 2B is her primary low in mix-ups. Do I have to deal with the 2C 236B route after I land a 2B, or is there something else I'm missing?

Maybe I should pick up a different character for now, like Mora.

Although I still main Muramasa, I decided to go with a pocket Ruili instead of Heart (I realize I keep having a AH mindset with her and it's really throwing me off due to the mechanics of the game). Trying to come up with combos for Ruili is rather fun though. I still hate that I have no actual experience playing people since I can never find anyone online to play (with a good connection). I'll post what I come up with when I have something good to show. ~ _~

Tryig to play right now. Won't let me connect to the network. I'm signed onto PSN, was just playing 3rd Strike no problem. What gives?

[edit] pfc it starts working again as soon as I post

13 hours ago, epikku attaku said:

any hope this may get more popular than most other niche fighters?

It's basically the only upcoming fighter I got any hype for. I"m pbly going to try to learn to use Homura 1st. since I love SK

What exactly do you mean? Will you be able to find other players? Yeah, totally, that's true even for more obscure fighting games. Will it be a primary EVO discipline? Hell no, even BB has to struggle for that. Ask the question you want to ask, those are much easier to answer.