Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ivanchu77

Nitroplus Blasterz: Heroines Infinite Duel

This is gonna be the first game I'll try and main more than one character. Going for Al Azif and Ruili.

Brah, just look at a numpad and try and hadouken on that shit. I got it way quicker that way. (Not dissing Dreiko's diagram or anything)

I'm assuming Yuki being listed as a playable character and not just a support is a mistake and I didn't miss some sort of announcement.

yup, just looked into it and it seems like it´s the case, already corrected it, thanks for pointing it out!

While we're at it, you might want to change the wiki link so it doesn't lead to the Saya page.

IMO, when learning a game, it's better to just respect and adopt the community's notation than trying to "fight" against it by trying to convert it to the one you're comfortable with.

That being said, I heard even Street Fighter players in Japan use number notation (as opposed to American player's using 'QCF' to notate '236' just to show an example) and I can see why, as numbers can be seen as a "universal language" that everybody can understand despite language barriers. (It's also looks more "cleaner" and straightforward if you ask me)

Anyway back on topic, I know the game is still young but do we have rough tier lists/character standings yet?

IMO, when learning a game, it's better to just respect and adopt the community's notation than trying to "fight" against it by trying to convert it to the one you're comfortable with.

That being said, I heard even Street Fighter players in Japan use number notation (as opposed to American player's using 'QCF' to notate '236' just to show an example) and I can see why, as numbers can be seen as a "universal language" that everybody can understand despite language barriers. (It's also looks more "cleaner" and straightforward if you ask me)

Anyway back on topic, I know the game is still young but do we have rough tier lists/character standings yet?

IMO i'd have to say Ein, Al and Anna are the better characters in the game, but not necessarily in that order.  Ein and Anna seem to have the most screen control with Al just being really fast and having good buttons.  But now with Saber in the game she's definitely up there as well.  

Anna is actually considered one of the weakest characters in the game, mostly because the other characters are simply better. Muramasa and Saya are considered to be lacking in some aspects, as well.

Ignis is the undisputed queen of the game, her traps are simply dumb, and her pokes allow her to win neutral game quite easily. Ruili and Mora are mobile characters with solid mix-ups and damage even without the Assists. The rest are somewhere in the middle: still viable (all characters are), but not as unfair.

Fun fact: most of the cast got 6F jabs. Ruili and Ignis got 5F ones.

Haven't really seen much of Ignis as of late but I didn't expect her to be considered top tier. I may need to do more searching for videos. Is Muramasa really as slow as some say she is than what videos show?

At any rate, I'll just stick with the number notations. It was mostly an aesthetic thing on my part as I understand things more than looking at numbers at most times. 

Ignis has combo break traps and a full screen lvl 3, she seems really dumb indeed. Also I was looking at Al for another good char, she did a ton of damage off of everything, had a dp that she could combo with etc.

Hmm...maybe i'm not watching the right videos then lol.  Most of the videos i've watched have a lot of Ein and Al winning, but maybe that's because they are easier to use than the others.  I'm sure Igniz probably has some nasty stuff, I just haven't seen it.  I agree with Saya not being up there because of her floaty jump maybe not having as good of pressure as everyone else?  Just giving my two cents.  

There is a lot of Ruili support from the videos I've seen. Seems to be some consensus that she's a good character. I've heard nightmarish things about Ignis, might start studying up on her months prior. lol

Dunno if Assists are relevant in tier information but whenever I've watched a Ruili vid they seem to enjoy using the laser girl for combo support, and it seems to work with other characters too.

I'm wondering where Heart and Homura are going to be, tier-wise. Heart is a really stable character in her game, that could spell greater things in this game. No idea how they'll handle an SK character going 2D.

I maintain that all SK chars could just as well have been in a fighter so I think Homura will fit very well here. I expect a rushdown and speed monster.

Ruili looks like a lot of fun to me, she has good mixup and damage and her super mode makes her more meter-effecient it seems. I see them using the cowboy girl that throws a bottle and shoots alot. It has shortish cooldown so she can use it multiple times just to hitconfirm stuff off of that mixup kick rekka thing she has.

As for Saya who is gonna be my main alongside Homura, her main issue is that she doesn't really have mixup outside of drill stuff and lowish average damage for no meter, she seems to die bad to the barrier of this game. Still her long range pokes seem really cool. Also her AA seems strong too.

I just got to Japan 5 days ago and I have fallen in love with this game. It is not very active in arcades at least yet, I have gotten 4 matches with the Japanese so far while spending a lot of time in the arcades while the SF4 machines for example are constantly occupied (then again the BB and GG machines are empty too, maybe it's just more quiet here in Osakan Taito arcades, I can update what its like in Tokyo in a week..) I will keep a lookout on this thread. It is a very fun game to play, I main Saber. The game feels very fresh.

I'm really excited to play when I get to Japan in a few weeks!

Also, I forgot to post it here but there was a very good NPB tournament at EXAMU Cup this past weekend. Hopefully you guys were able to watch it. If not, I'm sure EXAMU will upload the stream archive to YT as they did last year.

Game looks really fun!

I was going to go to Japan to try the game, too, but I just haven't got as much money as I expected. I ended up pre-ordering the regular version for similar reason, though there is also the fact that I don't need some of the LE bonuses (even though I'd really like to have that OST and artbook).

Dunno if Assists are relevant in tier information but whenever I've watched a Ruili vid they seem to enjoy using the laser girl for combo support, and it seems to work with other characters too.

Are you talking about Dragon? Because there's a good reason why Dragon + Another Blood are so ubiquitous: the two of them give mad damage from any confirm, to any character.

Of course no Echika in sight

Yeah, nah, she deserves being in the trailer as much as Ouka. No idea why one is in it while the other isn't.

That new anime OP is looking great, looking forward to the full version.

Also, lol @ Dragon and Another Blood being the first Assists shown.

A quick heads-up: you are supposed to get a promo code for wallpapers and extra color palettes if you pre-order the game, but AmiAmi doesn't give you any (even though they are on the list of stores that are supposed to give it out). If you care about that, you better pick a different store.

A quick heads-up: you are supposed to get a promo code for wallpapers and extra color palettes if you pre-order the game, but AmiAmi doesn't give you any (even though they are on the list of stores that are supposed to give it out). If you care about that, you better pick a different store.

I didn't see this store list.  Was it in one of the famitsu articles?  Good thing I saw this, I was thinking about preordering it on AmiAmi sometime next week.

I was talking about this list:

http://nitroplus_blasterz.marv.jp/#premium_campaign_1/shops

I wouldn't be surprised if they only send the code with pre-paid pre-orders, or only in the stores that don't have international shipping. If someone manages to get it, do share your experiences.

I'll be ordering next week so I'll shoot them a line about it and let ya know.