Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ivanchu77

Nitroplus Blasterz: Heroines Infinite Duel

Didn't Round 1 somehow get exclusive rights to operate NESiCA in the US? Kinda sucks for everyone else, as does the fact that they're seriously restricting the game library - would love to try Rumble Fish 2 or Daemon Bride.

Didn't Round 1 somehow get exclusive rights to operate NESiCA in the US? Kinda sucks for everyone else, as does the fact that they're seriously restricting the game library - would love to try Rumble Fish 2 or Daemon Bride.

I'm not sure of exclusive rights, but I doubt that. But yeah, if anyone would probably support those cabs there, then maybe those games you mentioned would be added in the future on them.

I remember sending a request to Qu_Ane a while ago, but maybe it didn't reach him? Still interested in joining it, by the way.

EDIT: Okay, I'm in, guess I really just did this wrong last time. If adding screwy-minus doesn't work, you can try adding me (SingerOfW).

Hey, I remember talks of a skype group, is there one for this game after all?

Yep there is. Here's the original post:

Qu_Ane's Skype group post

Also thinking of compiling all the info so far from this thread into a Google docs, Evernote or pastebin. Most likely Docs. 

Yeah the Skype group's definitely still a thing. There was recently an update with Mac's Skype so it might have something to do with me switching back and forth from Windows.

Do we already have an idea of who some top players are? I'm thinking of diving into some vids today for Ruili and Al Azif if no one has already.

P.S. Examu Cup so much Ignis. : (

Anyone know what the opinion among players is on the viability/strength of Saber and Ethica?

Saber is definitely strong. I can't say much in place of opinions of actual jp players, just from my observations. She controls the neutral game pretty well that's for sure as expected from her straightforward poking and spacing playstyle (looks at Mitsuru and Hakumen). 

On Ethica, she's definitely a grappler-based character but I can'tell really say at the moment. Still pretty new and I need to watch more. She obviously has trouble with the zoners. She LOOKS to be strong, could be the early grappler syndrome. Still unsure though. She does however have ways to get in: slide, evasive roll that goes pretty far, etc. 

In terms of viability, only time will tell. Saber is pretty viable, may have trouble with zoning but not as much as the other non-zoners. Ethica, I don'the really know. 

I hope this helped in some way. Feel free to pine in your own thoughts/opinions. I would also l like to hear them. ^_^

UPDATE: Also Examu finally got it right with ETHICA.

http://www.examu.co.jp/ex-blog/index.php?blogid=1&archive=2015-8-24

UPDATE again: Level Up teaming with Marvelous and XSEED to bring Nitroblasterz to SCR Prelude II this Saturday. 

https://twitter.com/levelupseries/status/635992369884598272  

to anyone i played in today's tournament, gg's to you all and everyone that entered. I was the scrub that played Al most of the tournament with the angela & dragon assist. also shoutout's to levelup|live and XSEED for making today's tournament happen, i really wanna learn and level up!

Ok, what is this? Are those some sort of LE assists?

snip picture

Those are just LE swimsuit skins for the three console characters.

Hard for me to ignore this game when it has Anna. I didn't know what this game was until I downloaded the Nitro Royale characters in M.U.G.E.N. She is going to be my main.

Anna is actually considered one of the weakest characters in the game, mostly because the other characters are simply better.

Ouch that hurts. Will still use her no matter what because she's the only reason this game is being hard to resist.

That is still Anna's theme, but it's remixed like the rest of them.

So... is mah Al strong? :kitty:

For some reason I wanna try Heart in this game (even though I don't like her in AH). I wonder how she'll work without homing lol

Al has been good even before the patch, and got mostly buffed since then. Yeah, I wouldn't worry about losing too many games with her.

Really lagging behind on updates to my page with Anime Weekend Atlanta coming around.

I'm kinda wondering when they'll get around being able to show Ouka-chan. Also, does this game even have a final boss in single player mode?

There is no boss character, unfortunately (missed opportunity, really). I'm not even sure if there is a story mode: I mean, I know who it's written by, but not sure if it's implemented in the arcades already.

Looks like they're going to stream footage of Super Sonico at TGS...?

English stream with Sp00ky and Farpenoodle: http://www.twitch.tv/madcatz

JP stream: http://www.twitch.tv/madcatzjp

They showed an infographic showing (I believe) there will be crossplay between the PS3 and PS4 versions.

Edit: seems like there wasn't any real gameplay footage after all, just a short clip of Sonico with a bunch of cats and an assist. :/

The crossplay was known from the Xseed announcement but it's nice that they repeat it so that everyone will know. It's great how it's becoming a default feature.

That comment about Anna being weak: really? She looks great to me. I haven't seen her struggle against anyone and her projectiles/damage are pretty strong.

As I keep saying, no character is unviable in the game, but when the meta revolves around one-shot combos, the characters who don't have any will end up weaker. Note that the meta might have changed after the blast changes, but it's been a while since I watched any match videos.

On another note, it seems that Sonico gets some help from her band members in her playable form. Guess my wish for a playable Axanael character came true, after all. Expect some dropkicks and tanuki shenanigans... If the devs don't consider it too much of a distraction from Sonico.