Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ivanchu77

Nitroplus Blasterz: Heroines Infinite Duel

That's the thing, I'm seeing her do those combos. Her zoning is also great and she can chain into the vertical dagger rain for oki, which seems to give a lot of people problems. She did seem to struggle early, but that was when few knew how to play the game.

In this game projectiles are weak overall due to the Roll mechanic. A char centered around them so much is bound to have issues. Still, it doesn't mean you're bad when you're low tier, it can oftentimes mean that you're awesome and everyone else is just even MORE awesome.

Hey since the US and JP releases are vaguely in the same window (December for JP and 'winter' for US).
Do you guys think it's possible the JP version will be released with an English patch in the same manner as GGXrd was?
I kinda highly doubt it, but you never know.  . .

So I have been reading the old posts and this got my attention.

The biggest problem I have is how powerful assists are. In general you'll be able to use an assist 1-4 times per match with no meter exchange involved. You can use them in the air, on the ground, in combos without much problem. It lets you win the neutral game and assist management ends up being "do I want to win neutral or do bigass damage with my assist". Two assists let you have the option of doing both. Having assists take meter on cancel would still be a great idea in my mind. Hopefully the balance is better on assist choice though. It's to the point where Alushia was on every team and lets you easy confirm into your level 3 (thank you for the nerf at least) from any confirm with any character. 

Another problem I have is how retarded bursts are. Offensive bursts sealing off an opponent's burst is a hilarious mechanic where if you win neutral, you're guaranteed to be eating a 10k+ combo after midmatch. Most people will save their bursts at the 1.5~3 meter mark to avoid this combo or to prepare this combo. It's pretty frustrating to be winning a ton of neutral with a lot of resources only to get your blast sealed and die in one combo because you made one mistake in the latter half of a match.

I wonder if Examu is aware of this and will balance those things out. I don't like the sound of it. I have now seen a video of that 10k damage. To anyone new who wants to see what he's talking about, go to 15:58 in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCswm7agvdA Just giving anyone new to the thread a heads up to what you might get hit by. By the way I was impressed with that Anna player in that video. That was my first time seeing her in a high level match.

That combo at 15:58 wasn't even half...and that was four months ago. lol

There's way nastier stuff, but even so, it's not really like they're getting this damage for free, building the bar in long meterless combos, etc. Standard combos look like meterless AP B&Bs. When you're stocked, other guy could be dead...but that's a lot of games.

Re: roll vs Anna, I don't think that's actually too effective from what I've seen haha...I guess I should link some videos next time I'm seeing all this.

Re: roll vs Anna, I don't think that's actually too effective from what I've seen haha...I guess I should link some videos next time I'm seeing all this.

I would like to see those.

I can actually see why rolling might not be worth it against Anna: some of her Fodere variations last for a while, so the roll might not last long enough to go through it all. On the other hand, it might go through the rain oki... Which is where Anna is supposed to use her normals and flight to hit them out of it.

That's the thing, I'm seeing her do those combos. Her zoning is also great and she can chain into the vertical dagger rain for oki, which seems to give a lot of people problems. She did seem to struggle early, but that was when few knew how to play the game.

From what I've heard, and it kinda links with what Dreiko said, Anna is not considered low tier because she is a bad zoner per say, just that her playstyle doesn't fit well in this game : Her zoning is strong but she only gets average damage from her zoning tools, while constantly exposing herself to deadly punishes. Also, her lack of anti-airs and good defensive options forces her to play the reflection guard mindgames, and if she gets thrown, well, the end. Also, while she gets strong okizeme and mixups while up close, she is very lacking at mid range, meaning that she needs to take a lot of risks to get in your face. To sum it up, like Saya, she has very strong tools, but her gameplan isn't safe and stable enough to let her win rounds and matches reliably. That being said she is not awful or anything, I think someone tweeted about the tiers being really close so you can certainly rock with her (as long as nobody plays Ein against you xD)

Hey since the US and JP releases are vaguely in the same window (December for JP and 'winter' for US).
Do you guys think it's possible the JP version will be released with an English patch in the same manner as GGXrd was?
I kinda highly doubt it, but you never know.  . .

That's my thought too, but hey, you never know, hopefully the game will have cross-region online play like most ASW titles go on these days. (Except for "that one game"), but we'll wait and see.

Was the lack of cross region play in "that one game" due to ASW or Examu? It was just an all round strange decision. 

But as far as localizations go,  does Nitro+ plan on having a story mode? 

Was the lack of cross region play in "that one game" due to ASW or Examu? It was just an all round strange decision. 

I think it was mentioned in that game's thread here that the official Examu Twitter account said they had little to do with the port, so it would've been ASW's decision. I don't think anyone ever tried to make sure after that, though.

But as far as localizations go,  does Nitro+ plan on having a story mode? 

The producer brought that up at TGS. He joked about it being called After Story despite the arcade version not having one to begin with.

Though, IIRC, that was already confirmed in either Famitsu or Dengeki a while back.

The devs have revealed the console game modes:

http://www.inside-games.jp/article/2015/10/05/91820.html

They are:
 - Network (Ranked, Player, Friend match)
 - Story
 - Another Story
 - Versus
 - Training
 - Score Attack
 - Gallery
 - Option

The points that catch my eye are the lack of Arcade and Challenge modes.

Oh, and there is a short tease of Sonico and her theme in the new Althea demo video:

Typical game modes for a Examu game, in arcana heart and aquapazza they were the same too.

Only thing that bothers me a little bit is the lack of challenges, with nearly every single other developer putting them in their fighting games i dunno why they still don´t put them in the game, they are a tremendous help for newcomers and it´s not like they are that hard to include in the game

But if i remember right, in aquapazza there were "sample combos" in training mode with one or two simple combos for each character depending of the support they had assigned, nowhere near as good as a challenge mode but it´s something at least, hopefully they included at least that in the game

Only thing that bothers me a little bit is the lack of challenges, with nearly every single other developer putting them in their fighting games i dunno why they still don´t put them in the game, they are a tremendous help for newcomers and it´s not like they are that hard to include in the game

But if i remember right, in aquapazza there were "sample combos" in training mode with one or two simple combos for each character depending of the support they had assigned, nowhere near as good as a challenge mode but it´s something at least, hopefully they included at least that in the game

I think the sample combos are fine for beginners.  Challenge mode combos, in my experience, are usually somewhat impractical or much harder than they need to be (which  I guess is kind of the point of the "challenge").  They're fun to tackle but I don't know if I'd say they really help beginners get any better at the game.  Now, something like Xrd's missions would be nice.  That was an actual in depth tutorial on the game's systems that really teaches you how to use them effectively.

We don't need challenge combos as much as a very detailed system explanation mode. Arcana lacked this so if you don't know people who can help you or look stuff online you're doomed to playing the game wrongly lol.

No tutorial mode. This trend in these fighters is more common than it probably should be. I know you can generally look up the information online, but it seems so jarring (and lazy) to not include a primer to teach new players about your game in the game. Particularly when your game is a brand new IP.

Japan likes to have external things to the game that teach you things. I remember this manga tutorial from arcana heart. It has become so common that people look up stuff online over there that they figure tutorials aren't needed. Sadly, this isn't so over here.