Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ivanchu77

Nitroplus Blasterz: Heroines Infinite Duel

A minor patch apparently went live today:

It apparently fixes the online matchmaking and some other minor bugs, as well as adds the "Position reset" option to the training menu and "Network type" to the options.

I was just about to post what the update does, good thing I waited. Thanks a bunches.

1 hour ago, SoWL said:

A minor patch apparently went live today:

It apparently fixes the online matchmaking and some other minor bugs, as well as adds the "Position reset" option to the training menu and "Network type" to the options.

Thank you! My PS4 downloaded the update v1.02, but I was wondering what the patch notes were.

Posted some important info on Twitter. Basically, if you're doing a blockstring like 2A 2B 2C and your 2A or 2B gets shielded, you've already input 2B or 2C BUT you can override that input with D/specials/supers/assists, e.g. you can shield them back on reaction to being shielded. There are input priorities for what you cancel into after you get shielded: it's not necessarily the first thing that you input!

I posted all this info in a chain of tweets starting here:

https://twitter.com/Bill307_ca/status/678971882142629888

Tangentially, when you try to jump-cancel an attack after it's shielded, the input priority and the start-up of your jump depend on whether your attack is normally jump-cancellable. E.g. a 6f move will hit you out of the air if your attack is normally jc-able, but it will hit you grounded otherwise.

I was initially hating on the game but it's so cheap I can't help but have fun playing it lmao

Will the console chars be adjusted for arcade release or do you think balance will remain the same? idk what Heart land looks like but Homura/Sonico are wayyy crazy

39 minutes ago, Hyperhelen said:

Will the console chars be adjusted for arcade release or do you think balance will remain the same? idk what Heart land looks like but Homura/Sonico are wayyy crazy

"Crazy" is what the game is made of. That said, the game is no stranger to balance updates after releasing new characters, though I'm not sure how easy it is for them to do it on console. ASW can do it with BB and GG, so Examu probably can, as well.

In other news, I'm finally having my copy delivered tomorrow, so expect me to fill up random portions of the wiki. Probably starting with system info and other general tech.

I don't know about Aquapazza but we really didn't see balance patches for console AH3 and Love max, love max was the balance update for vanilla AH3.  While it's definitely possible, I wouldn't get your hopes up.

The patch they released earlier this week kinda suggest that they plan on supporting the game. IMO anyways...

AquaPazza's console version is a port of the latest arcade version, same with AH3LM (not to be mistaken with AH3LMSS); both of them had rebalances on their arcade versions prior to their console releases (none of the two had console-only characters, so I think that it's possible that heart/homura/sonico and maybe other characters/assists get some rebalance after some test period in consoles and arcades, if deemed necessary)

Like I said before, the console characters are added to the arcades with today's patch:

http://www.examu.co.jp/ex-blog/index.php?blogid=1&archive=2015-12-24

The patch notes are literally just that and various minor bugs that aren't even described.

I;ve yet to see anything suggesting the game needing further balance tweaks. I haven't seen anything busted so far.

On 12/22/2015 at 7:28 AM, HGhaleon said:

Seems this game got delayed for NA release to January 26th, 2015. Seeing multiple sites updating their records to that site. Just wanted to leave that here.

I guess that's when I'm getting it and I think you mean 2016.

34 minutes ago, Ourozama said:

I saw an image of Sonico's 6A with the hitboxes and stuff. May I know where to look for it? 

As much as I'd like to see that, myself, I remember similar websites being taken down after the claims from the developers. So, as useful as those websites are, sharing them left and right might not be the best idea.

Finally got my copy, and though I'm excited about finally playing my most anticipated game of 2015, I'm torn between learning my character, filling up the wiki, and actually playing with people. Luckily (or not?), I was too busy to write anything this week, and I have yet to add any EU players to play with (do feel free to add me!), so I had a few short training sessions to get a feel of the game.

- Who would've thought that the purple mansion stage belongs to Jingai Makyo? And that the chandelier stage is from Vjedogonia? I really need to read those...
 - Why is Muramasa's 2C only cancelable by Assists and Blast? It's begging for a jump-cancel, or at least a special cancel into the string. At least landing Railguns feels as amazing as I expected.
 - Sonico might be everything that is bad about the current state of Nitroplus, but it's really obvious that the sprite artists loved drawing her. Those might be some of the most expressive kittens I've ever seen.
 - Apparently, Saber's Excalibur mode gives her increased damage. That makes her Invisible Air game much deeper than I thought.

I'll be writing stuff for the wiki tomorrow, and it's so nice to see people already working on it without me, gives me hope for the game's future.

1 hour ago, SoWL said:

As much as I'd like to see that, myself, I remember similar websites being taken down after the claims from the developers. So, as useful as those websites are, sharing them left and right might not be the best idea.

I see, thanks for your reply.

17 hours ago, SoWL said:

- Why is Muramasa's 2C only cancelable by Assists and Blast? It's begging for a jump-cancel, or at least a special cancel into the string. At least landing Railguns feels as amazing as I expected.

This might be a link or something. I noticed that I could do a move like 236B only after the end of the 2C's animation. Haven't tried it online, but I think there's enough time to input a 236B after it.

5 hours ago, bkbrent said:

Am I the only one who can't stop trying to look up Anna-san's dress in the chara selection screen? 

Just look up Gekkou's CG pack or something :v: 

5 hours ago, Vlad7779311 said:

This might be a link or something. I noticed that I could do a move like 236B only after the end of the 2C's animation. Haven't tried it online, but I think there's enough time to input a 236B after it.

That's exactly what it was, now it all clicks together!

Oh, and PSN is dumb enough to decline friend invites for good if you have the max amount of them. I just declined someone's request because of that, but I don't remember the ID, so I'm just going to ask them to add me again if it was someone from around here.

Hi there to everyone, I´ve got my ps4 copy since a few days ago, I´ve spent a few hours in training mode and offline with some friends who wanted to try the game (mostly for fanservice than learning a character xD), feel free to add me so we can play some matches and see if the netcode is ok.

I can confirm that after Muramasa 2C you can link into 236B(you have more time if its CH) and continue with her Bnb. If I have time this holydays I can work in the wiki also, mostly on Ethika´s page which is the one I´ve spent more time with.

It´s just me or Saber´s normals are pretty much safe in blockstring except 5E, and have great speed and range?

Yes, 2C into 236B is part of one of her BnBs, it's not a cancel, it's a link and this means that you'll be dropping it a lot online, on top of a plethora of other reasons as to why it's not a very good move, using it during a mid screen combo (i.e. 2A 2B 2C, 236B) is a bad idea, mostly because she has a better starter that does more damage and 2C tends to whiff because she has awful stubby normals, on top of leaving you wiiiide open. On neutral you want to 2A, 2B 5C (wait) 214B 5BB jc and then go from there, overall it does more damage and doesn't rely on something as... unreliable as 2C.

2C is useful on certain situations though, like her corner grab combo BC, E dash cancel, 6A 5B 2C, 236B and then continue the BnB.

13 hours ago, S.D. said:

Yes, 2C into 236B is part of one of her BnBs, it's not a cancel, it's a link and this means that you'll be dropping it a lot online, on top of a plethora of other reasons as to why it's not a very good move, using it during a mid screen combo (i.e. 2A 2B 2C, 236B) is a bad idea, mostly because she has a better starter that does more damage and 2C tends to whiff because she has awful stubby normals, on top of leaving you wiiiide open. On neutral you want to 2A, 2B 5C (wait) 214B 5BB jc and then go from there, overall it does more damage and doesn't rely on something as... unreliable as 2C.

2C is useful on certain situations though, like her corner grab combo BC, E dash cancel, 6A 5B 2C, 236B and then continue the BnB.

Gotta love how everyone wants to confirm that 2C 236B is a link right after I say that I've already figured it out :v:

I appreciate your combo knowledge, but the only relevant part here is that there are more optimal combo routes out there. If you can't connect the link online (even though it's not too hard, I've been doing similar ones with Faust all day), just don't play with a connection like that. If it's punishable on whiff or block, well, that sucks, but no one was even talking about using it outside of combos. If it whiffs off a 2A starter, then just don't go for it in that route - complaining about that is almost like complaining about not being able to gatling some moves into each other. You just accept it as a fact, not try to use it even though it doesn't work.

Basically, I think you wanted to be informative, but it ended up sounding like a rant that came out of nowhere, and I'm just confused about the cause of it.

Has anyone encountered a glitch in training mode where the game forces you to tech in the direction you have set for the AI?  I'll be testing out a recorded setup and try to air tech in various directions and sometimes it simply won't let me.  Maybe I'm just losing my mind but I swear this has happened multiple times.

13 hours ago, SoWL said:

Gotta love how everyone wants to confirm that 2C 236B is a link right after I say that I've already figured it out :v:

I don't see what's so bad about confirming that piece of information? Sometimes stuff gets buried under pages and pages of game-related discussion. I mean the fact that it was a link was known since day one, so it wouldn't be strange to see that question being brought up here and there since Muramasa isn't beginner friendly. And it served as an opener for the rest of my post.

13 hours ago, SoWL said:

I appreciate your combo knowledge, but the only relevant part here is that there are more optimal combo routes out there. If you can't connect the link online (even though it's not too hard, I've been doing similar ones with Faust all day), just don't play with a connection like that. If it's punishable on whiff or block, well, that sucks, but no one was even talking about using it outside of combos. If it whiffs off a 2A starter, then just don't go for it in that route - complaining about that is almost like complaining about not being able to gatling some moves into each other. You just accept it as a fact, not try to use it even though it doesn't work.

Basically, I think you wanted to be informative, but it ended up sounding like a rant that came out of nowhere, and I'm just confused about the cause of it.

Nothing wrong with talking out of experience and pointing out information other players might find useful since Muramasa was my first pick and I spent a sizeable amount of time on the character (Along with Ein and Homura), trying to optimize the combos from the niconico links in the wiki (Along with coming out with extra ones).

I was just pointing out reasons as to why the very first BnB people usually learn is not completely reliable even in an offline environment? (At certain distance, 2A 2B connects as per usual but then 2C whiffs, leaving Muramasa completely open, it's way to easy to say "don't go for this or that" but in the heat of a match things are completely different) , again, I don't see what's wrong about pointing some things out due to personal experience so new players can be aware of them, that's what this forum is for, nor I feel like that kind of slightly condescending reply is warranted.

The internet's inability to transmit tone strikes again. I apologize for sounding condescending, because that was not my intent at all: I really am thankful for your post, and I really am just confused by everyone being so eager to help. Imagine asking for directions and getting a map of the street drawn for you. And, well, I might've been a little disappointed by 2C being so bad right after I managed to use it in a combo. And now that I failed to do it against Ouka, I see where you were coming from.

To make this a little bit more productive, what would you consider to be Muramasa's hardest aspects? Basically, what should I pay attention to as I play my first matches with her? I assume that it's all about the web neutral, but if it's something like getting used to the general game mechanics, I might put her aside and pick a more simple character until I get used to it.