Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ivanchu77

Nitroplus Blasterz: Heroines Infinite Duel

On 12/12/2016 at 5:21 AM, epikku attaku said:

steam version needs to fix their ranked matches. instead of looking for anything it just says room not find.

You need to do the following:

Go to Ranked Match -> Setings

Change Waiting to "Room" and turn Standby Search "On"

This way, you'll create a room in ranked match and while waiting, it will look for someone to put you up against.

i'm really disliking what they did with Ouka's crouching Strong. i mean i DO like how she can go back and forth with it now, but considering you now have to hold the button down, you can no longer use her thrusters to escape if they block it to go into other things as a back-up plan and the distance that she can move back isn't enough to get out of range from characters like Ignis and Sabre since it takes a slight amount of time before she actually starts to move back.

something I'm curious about. does anyone find counter assaults useful in this game at all? it seems way more effective to just banishing guard and counter with normals 90% of the time. rather than sacrifice meter to reset to neutral.

On 11/14/2017 at 3:45 PM, epikku attaku said:

something I'm curious about. does anyone find counter assaults useful in this game at all? it seems way more effective to just banishing guard and counter with normals 90% of the time. rather than sacrifice meter to reset to neutral.

i never use it. i agree with you in that using the vanish guard and countering has always been more favorable to me than using the counter assault. if i do use it, its likely by accident

On 11/14/2017 at 6:45 PM, epikku attaku said:

Vanishing guard vs Counter Assault can be sum up to one option being high risk/reward reward option to low risk/reward option.

in more deeper details
Vanishing guard perks allow you to cancel out of gaurdstun with no chip damage, however, the aggressor is still able to act which can punish whatever the Vanishing guard player does. Not only that Vanishing guard is very weak in a situation where the opponent can you lockdown and apply mix up freely due to now grab tech or immediate guard switching with vanishing guard. In fact, if aggressor really good at plinking they can option select their opponent vanishing guard into guaranteed grab punish if the vanishing guard person using normal or any option that has no invincibility at startup. IF they hit they can proceed to do combo. Not to mention there is the threat of red blasting beating nearly all option out of vanishing guard.

With counter assault, you essentially get to ignore the mix up game at the cost of the meter. The hit from counter assault produces a soft knockdown and depending on the character and spacing the defender doe shave frame advantage to start their stuff. Unlike Vanishing Gaurd, Counter assault is strong in lockdown situation or mix-ups, for starter counter assault invincibility start from frame one thru some of its startup. Red blast can keep the aggressor safe but little opportunity to punish.