Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ivanchu77

Nitroplus Blasterz: Heroines Infinite Duel

http://www.famitsu.com/matome/ft/feat20141219gesen.html

Nico stream with the first gameplay footage/pseudo tournament is officially up.

Some of those assists are really cool; I hope the mix up is there to make them useful outside of combos. The game looks really fun though, we must pray for a speedy console release.

Is there any word when they'll show gameplay of the new characters?

Nothing in particular, I'm just keeping an eye on the usual sources. I just hope the initial roster is larger than 10 characters, mostly because that's going to leave us with no space for actual surprise reveals.

So a Famitsu tweet caught my attention. So NPBZ's going to get Ignis (obviously) and Carnevale's Anna. I have no absolute idea who the assists are minus that one girl from Gen Urobuchi's recent movie: Expelled From Paradise. Here you guys go:

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201501/15069567.html

i think the last one is Yoishi from Phenomeno. It's a very good and short kinetic novel

https://vndb.org/v10526

btw, it's very high quality and free for download. Kind of a walking banner for the light novel series of the same name. Ilustrations by Yoshitoshi ABe (same guy of serial experiments lain). There exists physical copies, but they were rare...kind of a collector product

The announcement on the Nitroplus website:

http://www.nitroplus.co.jp/news/2015/01/150115_4326.php

Playable characters:

- Ignis (Jingai Makyou)

- Anna (Gekkou no Carnevale)

Assists:

- Mukou Aoi (Kimi to Kanojo to Kanojo no Koi)

- Mitsurugi Yoishi (Phenomeno)

- Althea (Hakubou no Dendoushi)

- Yoguruma Mugen (D.Y.N. Freaks)

- Angela Balzac (Rakuen Tsuihou: Expelled from Paradise)

The interesting things to note here is that we got two Assists from the same title (ToToNo; makes sense, since its main point is having the two heroines on equal footing), that we got the rather obscure novel characters (makes sense, since we already have Saber), and an anime-original character (which means that Madoka and the rest are perfectly valid options). We now also have nine playable characters out of ten and all sixteen Assists. I wonder who did they leave for the last surprise reveal?

EDIT: The hi-res screenshots are up on Gematsu, though there isn't a lot of them.

http://gematsu.com/gallery/nitroplus-blasters-heroines-infinite-duel/january-15-2015/

that we got the rather obscure novel characters

Hey, Dendoushi (if you're talking about this novel) isn't really obscure! It might be obscure among the English fans but it's quite well known in Japan as one of the best Urobuchi novels and even was reprinted by Seikaisha with the new illustrations by Yasuda Akira.

So we got 2 other playable characers from Nitro Royale, huh. I wonder about the last characters - maybe some boss (Ouka lol)?

Hey, Dendoushi (if you're talking about this novel) isn't really obscure! It might be obscure among the English fans but it's quite well known in Japan as one of the best Urobuchi novels and even was reprinted by Seikaisha with the new illustrations by Yasuda Akira.

So we got 2 other playable characers from Nitro Royale, huh. I wonder about the last characters - maybe some boss (Ouka lol)?

Yeah, that's one of the novels I meant, along with D.Y.N. Freaks (though that one at least has a manga scanlation). Guess they wouldn't have any characters from it if it really was that obscure. 

I'm still hoping for a playable Ginseigou, since that seems to be the perfect candidate for the final "boss" reveal. Otherwise, I'm just not sure why they would reveal everything but a single playable character at this point. Maybe a Tokyo Necro heroine (especially since we finally got a name for one: Kibanohara Ethica)?

D.Y.N. Freaks can be called obscure, I guess, even if it's a big Haganeya crossover work (having crossover character in crossover fighting sounds meta, huh).

Tokyo Necro has more female characters (and I was actually thinking about it having a character in this game too) but it looks like that one is more important or something?

Also I guess that having more characters from Nitro+ anime series is much more probable thanks to inclusion of the female protagonist from Rakuen Tsuihou. I guess we'll get more eventually with patches or with the console release (not sure how the things have worked with Aquaplus though).

Tokyo Necro has more female characters (and I was actually thinking about it having a character in this game too) but it looks like that one is more important or something?

Well, at the very least, she's the first one to be properly introduced, so there's probably a reason for that?

Putting my thoughts together about the playstyles of the characters we haven't seen yet:

- Muramasa: after seeing Ruili's gameplay, it's a bit easier to see Muramasa's niche in the roster. She can have all the electric attacks she wants, but that doesn't say much in terms of fighting style. There is an interesting direction to take her in, and that is making her a mode switch character. I can totally see her transforming into her spider form and getting a whole different moveset in it. She might also transform into her Tsurugi form, but I'd rather leave that for her Lethal Blaze (the level 3 super) with a Kageaki cameo.

- Saber: she's going to be another newbie-friendly character, if only because she's going to attract lots of outsiders who don't care about Nitroplus. The question is, how much of her Nitro Royale toolkit is going to be taken into account? She was a hidden Akuma-style boss, so she had some very strong tools all over her kit, which means that something has to go. If it was up to me, I'd make her a medium-range footsies character with strong buttons and some kind of unique resource system. That sounds an awful lot like Hakumen, yeah.

- Ignis: this is where things get tricky, mostly because the playstyles she wants to have are already taken. She can be a siege fortress that she was in Nitro Royale, with bad mobility and excellent projectiles, but that's pretty much what Saya is. She might abuse her sword to bully the opponent with her pokes, but we already have Al and possibly Saber. She's probably going to end up with a few weird moves that are going to take a while getting used to, but which will ultimately make her a very strong character to pick up. The barrier of entry probably won't be as high as, say, Zato's, but the reward might be just as good (though hopefully nothing as ridiculous as her Nitro Royale infinites).

- Anna: at least this one is simple: she's going to stay a charge character, since her whole character fits the turtle mentality. In fact, I really like her Nitro Royale kit, to the point of thinking that she might still have the parry mechanic on her. Her only downside was that the overall system mechanics were holding her back, but in a modern-era game, she might end up in a good shape. Imagine using her multi-hit 6B to buffer a charge move, Vatista-style.

EDIT: The website is updated with the old loketest info and links to various articles:

http://www.examu.co.jp/nitroplus_blasterz/index.html

i think the last one is Yoishi from Phenomeno. It's a very good and short kinetic novel

https://vndb.org/v10526

btw, it's very high quality and free for download. Kind of a walking banner for the light novel series of the same name. Ilustrations by Yoshitoshi ABe (same guy of serial experiments lain). There exists physical copies, but they were rare...kind of a collector product

I tried it (read the translated light novels up to case 03, unfinished, on the web somewhere as well) and overall loved the "feel" of it. Is it safe to assume we'll get some vomit assist from Yoishi. Also, Angela (Expelled from Paradise) piloting her mech as an assist is what I hope to see.

Normally I don't want to speculate too much, but just based off observations from the heroines' titles.  

Trust me, as soon as we know it, someone will post it here.

I tried it (read the translated light novels up to case 03, unfinished, on the web somewhere as well) and overall loved the "feel" of it. Is it safe to assume we'll get some vomit assist from Yoishi. Also, Angela (Expelled from Paradise) piloting her mech as an assist is what I hope to see.
Normally I don't want to speculate too much, but just based off observations from the heroines' titles.

Uhh, vomit assist? I'm not sure whether or not I should finish that VN now...

EDIT: There's going to be another NitoBura-themed stream this Friday, though it's going to mostly feature Nitroplus artists drawing in real time. Still, I'd tune in just in case they announce something.

http://www.nitroplus.co.jp/news/2015/01/150126_4335.php

Hey guys, looks like the main site updated the pdf with Muramasa's movelist and the newly announced assists minus Angela & Yoguruma. 

Also, for amusing purposes, looked up the kanji for vomit (嘔吐) and it directly matches the one in the pdf under Yoishi. I don't know why I'm fixated by that :X

I was just about to post that. Apparently the latest version of the game is going to be available on the Fighting Game Conference 2015, held this weekend. There doesn't seem to be any changes in the mechanics (or movelists: still no Lethal Blaze), but I'll translate what we got.

Muramasa:
Eardrum Smasher
Steel Spider Thread
Enchant Plus: Linear Accel
Enchant Minus: Magnetic Barrier

Aoi: World Modification
Althea: Blade of War Axe
Yoishi: Vomit

twitter.com/examu_PR/status/560327467635048449

Looks like there's an article about Nitro Blasterz in the new ComicREX issue.

BTW I don't think that there would be any new info about the game in the stream since I've followed their previous stream sessions and they were only about the drawing and answering to some questions of the niconico commenters asked in real time.

Well we can try asking them questions about the game! :v:

In other news, the Character button on the website was colored a while ago, but now it's gray again. Got me all excited for another update, too...

just learned the existence of this game.

Looks awesome, though pretty different from ah3lm from the vids i saw. A bit slower, without as much emphasize on homing and airdashing. but some rediculous crazy attacks. hd graphics.

no console release announced?

Way too early, wait for at least a couple months after the arcade release.

Also, it's supposed to be closer to Aquapazza than Arcana Heart.

Since the pdf on main site got updated, here's the latest article from Dengeki Online with some new screens of Muramasa, Yoishi, Althea and Aoi.
http://t.co/DaDQOyBS5Y

Yoishi's vomit looks like a poisonous gas. Can't wait for footage this weekend. 

Oh and there's playable Muramasa finally :V

Here's the Famitsu version of the same article in case you'd rather have lower quality with no watermarks (until Gematsu gets their article up, anyways):

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201501/29070450.html

Seems like the Dengeki writer is rooting for a Hikaru boss character, as well. Do it, Examu, we know you can!

Oh, and I somehow missed that Muramasa's Enchant Plus can only be done in midair. Makes sense, since it makes you fly faster.

Leave it to Australians to be impressed with giant spiders.