Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RurouniLoneWolf

[Xrd] Sin Kiske Q&A/FAQ Thread

GGXrd_Header_Q&A_Thread.png

Information
  • Have a question regarding Sin in Xrd? Feel free to ask in this thread for an answer!
  • This first post will be updated with a FAQ section once more info is available to help prevent redundant questions.
  • Before asking a question, please see if you can find the answer in the below FAQ or on the Dustloop Xrd Sin Kiske Wiki.

Frequently Asked Questions

[collapse]

Question: What are some good ways to quickly get WS to unlock Sin

Beating Story Mode gives you 100k WS. Doing the tutorials will net you another 20k WS. Doing the easier missions in mission mode can also be a good way to net a lot of WS. If you still need WS after all that, you can always grind Arcade Mode. Clearing Arcade with 2 rounds on Normal mode should net you around 7k WS per run through. 

Question: How do you do the 623S critical hit? What are the benefits?

You need to hit the opponent with the center of the hitbox. If you get it right, you'll get a red hit instead of the usual blue. The critical hit gives more hitstun than the normal hit and can open up new combo routes. 
[/collapse]

So. Am I the only one that's noticed that Sin can get increased damage with clean hits in weird situations with 236H? I don't have time to read all of the forum. If this has already been figured out it would be tight if i could just get a link to it.

So. Am I the only one that's noticed that Sin can get increased damage with clean hits in weird situations with 236H? I don't have time to read all of the forum. If this has already been figured out it would be tight if i could just get a link to it.

Uhh, do you have a visual example of that? Are you sure it's just not your foe's r.i.s.c bar being high or something?

Ok so by the 214S mark of the combo in the first example you had done 106 damage and in the second 121. That's 214S clean hitting there, not 236[H]. If you hit them with the pole-part of 214S and not the super huge extended energy part it prorates better/does more damage so basically everything after 214S in that combo is scaled less in the second example.

No, I think this is more about RC forced proration kicking in in one case and not in the other. If you look at the numbers, they start to differ at the very first hit after the throw (64 the first time, 67 for the second). It's very hard to see any timing difference on the video, but I'm pretty sure this is it. In the first case you hit your opponent with 5H just before the black background goes off, which means proration applies, while in the second case you hit just after, which removes any forced proration.

I'm not sure there is actually any clean hit property on 214S and 236H, besides 236H having different damage and hit effects when charged.

Well there's absolutely clean hit properties on 214S. That's why if you hit with the center of it you get the red stun that you can combo afterwards.

You're talking about 623S (the DP move), right? This move does indeed have a clearly established clean hit property which I believe is the one you are mentioning.

I've seen people here talking about clean hit properties on 214S (the huge overhead move) but I haven't actually seen any proof of it so far.

If you're talking about clean hit properties of red stun then you must be talking about 623S. Dunno what clean hit properties 214S has. But even so in this case it doesn't matter because you hit the red stun in both combos, otherwise your combo would drop if you didn't so clean hitting properties doesn't seem to be the case here since your damage value difference was already starting in the beginning. I think Dream Maker's theory makes the most sense in this scenario. 

So critical hit 623S has nothing with execution ..but it depends which combo i have to do before it or my position ??

623S will clean hit when you hit them with the central part of the body of the attack. Execution refers to confirming it right and doing the prior parts of the combo in a way that will allow for the center of 623S to hit right.

Is Sin Kiske active in Japanese arcades?

Will / is he tournament legal over in Japan?

How about over in the states?

these DLC stuff confuse me, I'm too old to keep up with it -__-

Sin, Elphelt and Leo are console only for now.

Pretty sure he's tournament legal in Japan. I think people even used him for the last MixUp Night tournament

Yes, he's tournament legal here in the states currently,

I don't think there has been a dlc char that was banned in tourneys just because of their very nature as a dlc char, like, ever.

Well, would we ban him if this alleged 50-second-timer-scam-for-50-tension glitch finally gets revealed?  Or just enacting the glitch itself once we find it, ala Waldstein?  Or LET IT ROCK?!

I'm actually very surprised that this "glitch" hasn't been recorded or even elaborated on by now. Usually anything cheap or ridiculous would be recorded asap. 

I saw a video of it but can't remember where. I just know it involves RTL and him stopping after the second "RTL dash" upwards and staying at the top of the screen. No idea how to do it and where I saw it but I'll try to find it again.

Is Sin Kiske active in Japanese arcades?

Will / is he tournament legal over in Japan?

How about over in the states?

these DLC stuff confuse me, I'm too old to keep up with it -__-

I haven't been to the arcades lately, but to my knowledge, Elphelt, Sin, and Leo aren't available.  I keep checking the official arcade website, and it hasn't said anything about an update, so I'm going by that, the fact that I haven't seen any arcade footage with them, and the fact that the only footage I've seen of them has been from console streams.  It looks like a lot of top players are at least picking up the new characters and messing with them, so I assume they would be tournament legal, but most tournaments are held in arcades, so you probably won't see any Japanese tournament footage of them until they get released in the arcade.

I'm not in the states, but I think going forward new characters won't be banned just because they're a new character or because they're not available in the arcade.

DLC is how we dedicated few give money to support our hobby.  It's hard for us old folks to get used to, but them's the breaks.

I remember 214S > RC > D used to work when Sin first came out, I feel like ArcSys changed that lately or something lol

Honestly, that's a very bad route to go for so it's not an issue if it doesn't work. Sin can't get knockdown without using RTL from dust midscreen and if you're in the corner and your D will lead to wallstick, well, you can go to it by simply comboing it after a 236[H] which when delayed sufficiently will allow for a dust to combo after it in the corner.

214S>RC>6H into BnB for like 240 damage is the way to go, no need for meh dust stuff.

So I have yet to unlock Sin so I can't test it out myself, but when he does R.T.L and crosses over does the opponent have to block the other direction or they just hold the same way?