Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RurouniLoneWolf

[Xrd] Sin Kiske Q&A/FAQ Thread

Didn't want to start a thread just for this one question: Who's going to EVO? I'll be there pool I135. I have a by the first round but I don't know anyone else in my pool. It would be cool to watch some other Sins as well.

Do you guys know which patch changed Beak Driver's first hit to knock the opponent far away? When I was on some previous version, I could do for example vs. Sol: c.S 2S 236K 236H(1) 236K 236H and it would all combo properly midscreen; now the first hit of 236H sends the opponent flying and the second 236K will either whiff or hit OTG. Cuts ~40 damage off of that midscreen combo; very annoying. I just want to know when it changed, and if possible, to see patch notes for that version.

Do you guys know which patch changed Beak Driver's first hit to knock the opponent far away?

That would be patch 1.1 - the only major patch we've received.

You could try c.S 2D 236K 623S 214S 236H for the same food requirement.

From far S, you'll have to just go for 236H 236K or 236K 236H. On the bright side, while these deal less damage, they consume less food. This means that you don't have to necessarily eat afterwards and can instead get a safe jump instead to carry the momentum.

Do you guys know which patch changed Beak Driver's first hit to knock the opponent far away? When I was on some previous version, I could do for example vs. Sol: c.S 2S 236K 236H(1) 236K 236H and it would all combo properly midscreen; now the first hit of 236H sends the opponent flying and the second 236K will either whiff or hit OTG. Cuts ~40 damage off of that midscreen combo; very annoying. I just want to know when it changed, and if possible, to see patch notes for that version.

Simply put, you should never ever go for that combo now since while we did lose that trait of 236H, we also gained the much more important trait of 623S increasing in hitstun. Just do 236K>623S>214S>236H, more damage, more meter, more oki, can sometimes 236[h] vs the less gigantic-hitbox-fattie chars, just overall much better at everything.

good to know. How Do you guys feel about the faust matchup. I find it very difficult and almost unwinnable. Any advice ? 

We should discuss this in the match up section...

But yes, that match up can be tough against a very defensive Faust. If he's turtling a lot don't hesitate to eat. Bank in on footsies with Beak Driver, slide occasionally. Don't jump/leap in on him unless you get a good read, his anti-airs are too good, and our air to ground are lacking somewhat. Use meter for safer movement.

In the match up thread you can see a list of things we can low profile under.

So did anyone else go to evo, If so how did you do? I ended up losing to Slayer and chipp. 

Also managed to get in a couple games against the japanese and I have a new hate for millias form of neutral x.x

I haven't played since before the patch. What changed about Sin I heard he got way better? He was considered low tier before right?

I haven't played since before the patch. What changed about Sin I heard he got way better? He was considered low tier before right?

God damn it, I just wrote up a big reply to this but it got erased by me hitting Backspace when outside the text window and going back a page...

Briefly, he was good before, he's good now. The food meter changes colour when you're low on food so you know if you need to alter your combo to a less food-intensive one. I think that's the biggest buff, personally.

1) Hawk Breaker (His DP) has the same untechable time on close or far hit. That means bonkers combos from anywhere. People would randomly get blue hits and fall out. 2) Elk Hunt startup reduced, hitbox expanded, floats higher. This makes it more Stun Dipper like, but plus on block. 3) 6P buff is huge. I was just going into 214S no matter what cuz I'm lazy. 4) Counter Hit Jump Dust now wall sticks (!!)... don't mash wakeup throw! 5) Calorie guage changes colors. Which is like the dummy light on stick shift cars telling you when to shift. I need this so bad in my life.

6P buff mentioned is that it can be jump canceled now.

Quoted from the general thread. He had slight nerfs here and there, where his damage on H normals got redistributed here and there and 6P having more recovery(like 3 frames or something) Overall the buffs outweighed the nerfs though.

Some other small things worth mentioning, 5H second hit floats higher. 2D>236K works on Pot and Chipp now(due to that Elk Hunt change I guess).

Thanks for de replies! Are there any combo's that I should be doing differently now in this patch? I used to just chain 5S after 6p as an AA but now you can jump cancel

If they're low enough that still is the most damaging route, but if they're high up go for the jump cancel, something like 6P jc j.S>j.P>j.K jc>j.S>j.6H>j. 236H, the normals may differ according to weight class.

You may get the odd situation that they're far away when you hit with 6P, in that case just beak driver for a knockdown.

And then there's Faust. For that you may need to leap. Someone posted a combo for Faust in one of them threads. I think it was something like 6P>leap>j.S>j.6H c.S>5H>etc..., I don't really remember.

Yeah, but I personally find it hard to confirm, and well, if it doesn't CH, they can tech and punish you for it. Also somewhat height and weight dependent. If you are confident in getting a CH then by all means go for it. =D

Hey guys i wanted to know if it was actually beneficial to learn iad loops with and if there is a video tut on said combo

Sent from my SGH-T399N using Tapatalk

Well they aren't really benificial, you can squeeze the damage a bit more from wallsticks if your food bar is low but it's one of the last thing you should add to your game, there are a lot of stuff that are more common and more useful (236HS loops, vd set ups, RTL combos). The only point where they really shine is in corner after JD>J214S>5HS(1hit)>IAD loop x 2-3, but that is char specific, so it isn't always available (J214S>5HS doesn't connect on certain characters, like millia if I remember well).

Edit: I forgot, they also are useful if you go for the 0 cal corner combo, 2HS(3Hit)>5HS(1Hit)>6HS>JK>J>JS>JK>5HS>iad>JK>JS>JK>5HS>IAD ecc

iAD loops are great for getting meter, tacking on damage, and not using calories so you can go for VD set-ups. They're not super important compared to RTL but they are great to have down so that you're not losing damage when you're low on calories.

What do people do against players who IB most of sins stuff, negating the frame advantage he gets on a lot of his moves? Just go for more throws?

Just a thought depending on which character your facing. If you really aren't getting that frame advantage because of someone with perfect defense. Use Sin's distance, don't try to run in. His normals have great range, he has really good pokes and dont waste your calories on needles block strings. I think a big part of Sin play is catching the other players mistakes as much as putting pressure., If you can stuff a few of their advance attempts its easier to throw someone off, especially of you land a counter hit and can capitalize. 

Another thought is, if they can time your attacks to the point the are IB most of it, you're probably playing too predictable.

What do people do against players who IB most of sins stuff, negating the frame advantage he gets on a lot of his moves? Just go for more throws?

If I see them IB my slide, I like to DP after to discourage them from trying to press their advantage and put them back into that blocking mindset.