Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SpoinkX12

Northeast Ohio GG scene

This thread is for anyone looking for matches in the Northeast Ohio region.

We West side Clevelanders are building a scene at The Side Quest bar in Lakewood Ohio, we play Evert Monday there starting at 7:30 pm. All kinds of other fighters are played there as well!

Trying to get my crew more into Guilty Gear. Cleveland West Side.  Kamms/Battery Park/Lakewood area. Some of us might not be terrible at it.  We mostly meet on Sunday Nights, as the games we play are pretty random.  We have gone to Mario Mondays, but most of the time it is just 3rd Strike there. I would guess there will be a new surge of player base happening when SFV hits next month. So this might Centralize it a bit more like the early Shank-down days at Manny's.  

I personally just want to get all the Cleveland Guilty Gear crew to meet up one day of the week maybe somewhere like Common Grounds. 

hey im just getting into guilty gear and am looking for some players to practice with. where are the groups at? i see theres some stuff going on in cleveland, is that still a thing? if not, what is? i go to school in akron so players out there would be cool too. 

On 5/2/2016 at 3:26 AM, CodeNinja said:

hey im just getting into guilty gear and am looking for some players to practice with. where are the groups at? i see theres some stuff going on in cleveland, is that still a thing? if not, what is? i go to school in akron so players out there would be cool too. 

You can try next Cleveland Clash on May 28th. There was a Revelator setup at the last one, there will probably be one at the next one. 

https://www.facebook.com/events/232707123753915/

So a small group of us have been meeting up on Thursdays at Corky's Place in Lakewood to play GGXRD:Rev.  Turn out usually consists of 3-5 people. If the turnout becomes larger I think a second setup might happen. This is a 21 and over bar. We had talked about possibly moving it to Kamm's Corners at Common Grounds Coffee if we we have players who are under 21.  I personally am quite fond of the combination of IPAs and XRD:R. However Corky's is also a well known Karaoke bar so if you can tolerate crooning barfly wannabe vocalists.  

I know on Mondays you can find people playing Fighters at Side Quest. I have not been there in awhile. Some people dislike going to Corky's, Some can't stand Side Quest, and Others never want to step foot into Common Grounds again.  I know my crew meets up on Sunday's at their residence. But my friends are rather selective and they have the power to invite. If we start seeing new faces at Corky's we might also ask to join on Sundays (but we play random games, and Try to revisit older fighting games and change it up often).  

I know the old Console Combat crew is all split up all over the place. Seems like there are plenty of micro groups around the cleveland area. But I remember there were at least a dozen BB/GG Players at Manny's place back in the day (many of us are of the former).  

You can add me on Steam if you want to know more. 

PSN/STEAM: Zeidust

Corky's setup has ended. I am looking for a new place to possibly host. It may be common grounds. I lack the equipment sadly. I'm mostly a PS3/PC player and that is sort of hard to lug around. more details when I figure something out. I made a simple facebook group. Looking into the recent Cleveland FGC facebook groups, it is nothing but SFV and Injustice 2 posts all day long. This is why I am wishing to find the GG players in NEO.  I am sick of going to a host place that ends up just being Dude-bro's first fighting game, and it becomes pulling teeth to get people into playing XRD or BB or Uniel.. 

So Cleveland Guilty Gear players. As of now we are now meeting at Common Grounds twice a month. We had our second meetup last week. There is probably in total around 10 of us showing up at any given date. I know the next meet up is Thursday July 13th at 8pm - 1am; then two weeks after that. I have two setups, and will get more as more players show up. 

There is also a strong Thursday night Guilty Gear group in Columbus Oh. I would like to see about a car pool down there with some of our players to help booster their scene as well (when we are in an off week).  

You can get more info via our facebook group. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/airdashacademy/

Common Grounds Coffee 

17104 Lorain Ave, Cleveland, OH 44111

Near Kamm's Corners. Plenty of good food around the area. Coffee is great at grounds. Plus Cleveland's best comic book shop is right down the road. 

You can contact me via Steam or PSN if you have any questions.