Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CCVengeance

[Xrd] Leo Whitefang General Discussion

This kinda thing bothers me why shut down videos and channels of footage of this, they've announced the character so its not spoiling any story or hype building for the release of the character as they have officially shown footage, at this point its free advertising. However I do respect Arcs as a company and don't want this to come off as whiney.

Also Kanom id be interested to have a general idea of how you've obtained the character fully playable im not asking for details or trying to get it. Im just interested if its insider privileges or did you acquire this some other way?

I'll pm you

Safe on block but leaves you pretty negative

Huh?

Huh?

Just because you're safe on block doesn't mean your at frame advantage. Essentially, after his 236S or  236HS it didn't appear that he can be punished but if he was pushing butons after wards he would lose to my buttons.

Just because you're safe on block doesn't mean your at frame advantage. Essentially, after his 236S or  236HS it didn't appear that he can be punished but if he was pushing butons after wards he would lose to my buttons.

Also I've been told his 236[H] when he goes into the BT stance leaves him pretty + too because it starts his stance mixup. The challenge mode stated that if you block this move you're giving a Leo a chance to start his pressure. 

It seemed that after 236S any button he was pushing was getting counter hit by my (Ramlethal's) 5P or close 5S. After 236HS, maybe you need to start the pressure with 5K since it's faster and hits low but Brynhildr 5S was getting beat. It could have been bad timing on his part or maybe online delay.

Also, I'll need to correct some info on 236HS after watching some of the replays from last night. When I said you could jump out or blitz shield its because my opponent had done it after a long block string so Leo has to run farther before the cross over happens. It might not be possible to do any of that if he did something like close 5S xx 236HS.

Saw a video of Leo lading a neat combo on Sol that ended with siegesparade, but the Sol was able to hit him with C.S just as he got into back stance. I really hope you can choose to stay in normal stance after Siegesparade, because it's literally forces you to go into a risky offense.

He probably needs to mixup counter/backdash/button from the restand. Or it might have weird timing to start offense.

after 236HS it's also probably something like counter to catch reversals, 5K to go low and maybe beat mashing and 6HS for overhead (it looked like an overhead from that mission mode webm). 

Eager to try him out. 18th can come fast enough :3.

It seemed that after 236S any button he was pushing was getting counter hit by my (Ramlethal's) 5P or close 5S. After 236HS, maybe you need to start the pressure with 5K since it's faster and hits low but Brynhildr 5S was getting beat. It could have been bad timing on his part or maybe online delay.

Also, I'll need to correct some info on 236HS after watching some of the replays from last night. When I said you could jump out or blitz shield its because my opponent had done it after a long block string so Leo has to run farther before the cross over happens. It might not be possible to do any of that if he did something like close 5S xx 236HS.

5S xx 236H isn't a blockstring and you can throw him out of the move when he runs through you.

Yes, but it's still the first video we can actually post here :v:

Yes, but it's still the first video we can actually post here :v:

Yeah I was just letting people know in case they were wondering if there was any new info.

The video is also on youtube : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_OVPCuhDL0

Too bad it doesn't show actual real matches. I didn't see much of Leo, but he seems not like a Jack of all trades, but a Master of all trades, with a projectile, a DP, a reflect, a mixup stance. For those who saw him in action, what kind of playstyle does he have ?

I say he'll be focused on punishment

Too bad it doesn't show actual real matches. I didn't see much of Leo, but he seems not like a Jack of all trades, but a Master of all trades, with a projectile, a DP, a reflect, a mixup stance. For those who saw him in action, what kind of playstyle does he have ?

He seems to be a rush down char to me. He uses his projectile to get in and do nasty damage. 

He's a rushdown character with risky attack strings, "tap tap tap stance cancel" is that pressure safe? No, but if he uses his parry and you take the bate knowing he's unsafe he'll get a full combo. Buuut what if you decide to block and he doesn't parry? Well free pressure. He has strong high risk offense, with an in your face guessing game. 

His projectile? Not a sonic boom as described, pretty unsafe in the neutral. Use as meaty oki setup. I wouldn't say he is a jack of all trades but he does have a lot of moves that might make one think that. Think of him as Kagura with rekkas with an emphasis on speed rather than range and a stance that can be used as more than just a neutral poking tool an in oki, Leo can just go for stance mixups right in his opponents face when he's close enough, but he doesn't get to use it in the neutral like Kagura can 

So, heres a question for everyone, more specifically for those that have seen/played Leo. Am I the only one that thinks he's not going to be as "Broken" as people have been thinking? Don't get me wrong, his damage can get crazy at points but I think he'll struggle in a lot of matchups. Faust, Ram, Zato=1, maybe even Pot, all seem like they can give him trouble.

So, heres a question for everyone, more specifically for those that have seen/played Leo. Am I the only one that thinks he's not going to be as "Broken" as people have been thinking? Don't get me wrong, his damage can get crazy at points but I think he'll struggle in a lot of matchups. Faust, Ram, Zato=1, maybe even Pot, all seem like they can give him trouble.

Personally, I think he could potencially suck. But that's just me.

Why would you assume a character, that's not even out is broken?

*Sigh* kids these days...

This is all just assumptions that people have been making as I said. Just wanted to see what everyone thought of him from what they've seen. Personally, I don't care how the character is. I like the playstyle he's bringing to GG and will do my best to main him upon release.

Not referring to you persay, but even in the comments in the video I uploaded. I've seen comments about him being OP. Frankly, I was worried about Sin being too strong or elphelt with that unblockable set up.

But just like my friend who plays Sin, he thinks that it's in Sin's favor vs Ky. But you can't make that assumption based off a week of playing. When tools and tech are still being discovered. You need months of gameplay footage to determine of a character needs adjustments. Not based off a day to a week, simply because you never played against that character before.

Broken means they *break* the game's mechanics and how it's supposed to be played. I really don't think Leo Whitefang is anywhere near pre-ACR Justice lol, even #R wasn't considered broken, because other characters would fuck him up too.

Being the one that uploaded the video, I don't even see anything truly terrifying about him after watching the video multiple times by now. The only OP thing he has is his intro lol, badass and anime as fuck yo.