Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CCVengeance

[Xrd] Leo Whitefang General Discussion

It's saying that its used as a "linker" between moves he has in stance, as shown here in the gatling route chart.

Yeah makes sense. The latter part in the description of Stance S probably just means using stance S to continue after Stance K and Stance HS but for whatever reason they typoed it with Stance S.

Alright just browsing through his move description and there's some juicy stuff in here haha.

His 5K has low invul frames

His 2S and 6H are plus on block

And his 2D and 6K are both throw invulnerable

You can do j.S>j.P as an air block string similar to Ky as well.

His j.D is plus if you hit them low with it as well.

His [4]6+HS is "very" plus when guarded as well it seems.

His [2]8+S only is invul during the startup, the HS version has longer invul frames.

His 236HS is plus on guard and allows you to go for a high, low mixup from his BT stance.

BT P has Upperbody invul for anti-airing,

BT K has throw invul (sickkkk) and is his low from BT

BT H ground bounces on CH and is his overhead from BT

BT 632146S sword throw super is plus on block, no invul though (because that would be pretty ridiculous)

632146H has invul on startup and if you hold H during the super you end it in BT stance.

His dead angle attack is the same as his 5D/Dust Attack so it has some sick reach for getting people off of you.

After testing, bad news 236HS is not advantage on block, it's actually punishable.

236S is neutral on block i believe at worst it's -1 but from my own testing I've reached it's 0 on block.

Everything else is true. I have combo transcripts I can put up tonight from basic confirms and things to look for, been playing the crap out of him the last few days.

The only things I don't like is the fact you can't enter his stance without at least whiffing something (I was hoping that you could just hold HS when doing anything else and enter the stance as soon as possible), and, if I'm not mistaken, that RCing in the stance cancels it (unlike Elphelt's stances). Except that, he's pretty great. I'll stick to Sol as my main, but Leo surely goes as a "main" sub.

Geez this guy is full of himself.

I love it.

That he is. While other new characters are fun, none of them are quite as fleshed out personality-wise (in their gameplay, mannerisms etc.) as Leo. His mid-fight winposes are masterpieces.

Played through his Challenges, they're surprisingly simple (the only thing I have problems with is comboing into his projectile OD). I won't main him, but I love the hell out of his design. It's like I'm actually playing as Gamagoori.

Also, now GG has a character with that stupid dropkick sweep, too :v:

Oh man this character is fun to play.

Simple, but fun. I wont main him because i-No is my fighting game extension of fighting being, but definitely going to be playing him a lot.

Played through his Challenges, they're surprisingly simple (the only thing I have problems with is comboing into his projectile OD). I won't main him, but I love the hell out of his design. It's like I'm actually playing as Gamagoori.

Also, now GG has a character with that stupid dropkick sweep, too :v:

I'm gonna play dub Leo so I can pretend I'm rider from F/Z.

Hopefully Im gonna mess around with him tonight, I've not been this excited for a character since Valkenhayn lol

I prob wont get to play much for the next couple of days so Im just gonna grind the challenge mode combos and get a feel for him that way before I sit in training. May go through arcade a couple of times too.

Apparently his challenges are really easy tho?

Yeah his challenge combos are pretty easy, probably because he's a console character. He's also kinda lacking in damage, from what I've seen. His neutral feels weird too. Normals that look pretty good, but then seem kinda slow. It'll be interesting to see how his metagame plays out.

I'll be streaming today Leo stuff if you guys have any questions or have something you want me to test out stop on by.

twitch.tv/monokerros

Yeah his challenge combos are pretty easy, probably because he's a console character. He's also kinda lacking in damage, from what I've seen. His neutral feels weird too. Normals that look pretty good, but then seem kinda slow. It'll be interesting to see how his metagame plays out.

Lacking in damage? Are you saying as far as his counterhit and max damage conversions go? Because the ability to confirm into rekkas off of literally any ground hit gives him pretty consistently solid meterless damage.

I'd say he is average in dealing damage

He has some damaging combos in the corner if he has 50 meter and the starter was a stance normal like BT HS

One such coner combo deals around 200-250 damage

His midscreen damage on the other hand is not the best.

Yes, he can end combos with rekka (and extend rekka combos with RC) but you give up oki

Ending combos with 2D or j.236HS is a better way to continue pressure

After 2D you just use [4]6HS YRC into 236H and then use stance high/low/214HS

j.236HS puts you in a good position to continue your assault but watch out for mashers and DPs (use BT D to make them respect you)

214HS has some weird properties: It's an unblockable and also an overhead

Just my day 1 impression

Will definately sub him

I wouldn't be surprised if his neutral was at least slightly similar to Azrael, with the addition of the ability to throw out a projectile for good measure. That is, he'll struggle at fullscreen because he's not that kind of character. The projectile helps a bit, though. He'll probably have to make good use of fundamentals, and his ability to poke semi-safely from a few character lengths away until he can make his way in either forcefully (YRC projectile), or progressively with pokes/sweeps.

I think that his stance isn't going to come into play unless you get a confirm from an air hit into Sparade, or you're doing it as oki from a knockdown. Or of course, maybe you have them conditioned to block, and they're in the corner. Then it's free reign as well. It's definitely not as big a part of Leo as I thought it'd be. 

I wouldn't be surprised if his neutral was at least slightly similar to Azrael, with the addition of the ability to throw out a projectile for good measure. That is, he'll struggle at fullscreen because he's not that kind of character. The projectile helps a bit, though. He'll probably have to make good use of fundamentals, and his ability to poke semi-safely from a few character lengths away until he can make his way in either forcefully (YRC projectile), or progressively with pokes/sweeps.

I think that his stance isn't going to come into play unless you get a confirm from an air hit into Sparade, or you're doing it as oki from a knockdown. Or of course, maybe you have them conditioned to block, and they're in the corner. Then it's free reign as well. It's definitely not as big a part of Leo as I thought it'd be. 

His stance comes into play at neutral in some matchups because it can reflect/ignore projectiles that would usually give you trouble going in.  IE if you shield May's Beachball it becomes yours and doesn't go away until it hits her//goes off screen, if you reflect I-no's Antidepressant Scale it shoots back super-fast and shuts down any offense she tries to set up.