Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaiAndOh

Venom vs Bedman

If you blitz shield Task A Prime (teleport projectile) you can get a near guaranteed throw on him since he'll still teleport next to you. He has to jump to avoid it, so make sure you OS throw with 6S+HS!

Is there a way to deal with his guard point? Like bait and punish?

Same way you would Potemkins Hammerfall. Set a ball in motion slowly and follow behind it and react accordingly.

Same way you would Potemkins Hammerfall. Set a ball in motion slowly and follow behind it and react accordingly.

Specifically, PBall f.S is really good for baiting guard points.

You can't actually punish the dash on guard point because it has zero vulnerability frames (to strikes or throws). Best thing for Venom to do might be to air dive from above as he teleports.

6P seems super good for opening rounds. Watch out for that stupid idle animation, since it'll whiff while he's laying down.....

Seems like an easy match up. Bedman has to do risky stuff to get in once you get some ball formations going, which is easy here due to his size and awkward movement. He has a hard time dealing with Venom pressure for the same reasons. Apparently Venom can jump out of Bedman tornado loop pressure, but I wouldn't know because I've honestly never been pressured by a Bedman for long lol

Venom's space control with balls can stop him from setting up his zoning game to eliminate seals.

In addition to Task A prime stuff, Blitz helps against bedslams that can be tricky to guess which side he's on...

Does 6h+s work as reliable OS against his 6h? I'm not actually sure what the window between the i-frames and the active frames are, so I have no idea if c.s can beat it out if he ends up a little too far away/

Bedman is significantly better in 1.1 now.

Be careful about setting balls, 3HS has insane reach and a Bedman who knows the matchup will be watching you from near full screen.

I saw in a Blacksnake match, c.S can beat the Bedslam.