Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaiAndOh

Venom vs I-No

Matchup is probably in I-No's favor.

If she doesn't approach right after notes, if you're far away you can use QV to negate them while summoning. Or you could try YRC the QV if it will whiff (time it so the ball lines up).

Chemical Love YRC means you'll have to take her devasting mixup. Note that I-No's low options prorate more than her high ones.

Stroke the big tree goes under 2S.

Her reversal super does need some respect.

I messed around in this matchup last night for a bit, and picked up a few things. Take it with a grain of salt though; there were upwards of 5 frames of lag so some things I picked up may not be entirely useful in a low/no lag setting.

This is a matchup were I feel clS as an AA is not only viable but absolutely necessary. Her up close ground dash shenanigans can be completely shut down with that if she isn't covered by a note or Chemical Love YRC. While absorbing notes with QV is occasionally useful if they stay back, it seems like 90% of the time they'll use them to go in hard. Predicting where they send it and how they'll approach is something you'll have to put work into in this match. jP and jD are both excellent air to airs, so using them when getting around the note and stuffing their approach is always satisfying. Notes can seemingly be stuffed by a single ball regardless of distance traveled as well, so Stinger YRC may also be a good option to mess with note approaches. I think I saw big tree go under K ball oki at one point, but that may have been my bad timing online and not necessarily a consistent escape option.

Overall, I agree that it's in I-No's favor, but she has the same issue Venom does; neither of their pressure is completely airtight. Learning to escape or work around her setups and shenanigans is an absolute necessity.

I-No is one of my more heavily played matches, I'm 99% sure the STBT is not real against K Ball oki.

6P beats horizontal Chemical Love. I also don't recommend multi ball sets that go in a straight line - chemical love will destroy all projectiles it comes in contact with.

Reversal super is throwable.

Reversal 6P on your part may be a thing if she's going too high on her oki. I don't mind throwing out 6P's in midrange neutral, but if they like to STBT a lot, that loses viability.

Be very wary of how you air tech, I-No players love to catch your techs with air throws (on top of her new command grab, she gets even more reward for doing it successfully). Sometimes, delaying the tech if you're becoming too predictable is the right answer.