Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaiAndOh

Venom vs May

I don't know who's at advantage in this matchup.

Dolphins are safer, but I think she's forced to block f.S after you block a Dolphin? 3K might go under it, but not sure if that's in time.

May getting hit makes her beach ball go away. Not sure on block?

Many May's love to jump, so be on the lookout there!

Hmmmm I imagine Venom would usually get donked on the head in most QV absorb situations though, but could be good to know anyway.

This matchup is killing me. One of my sparring partners that normally uses Axl picked her up and holy hell this is a frustrating fight.

j2H alone is a nightmare. Unantiairable, especially when used directly above Venom's head. I seem to get more milage out of air throw in this matchup than others, but nothing can discourage her from jumping. By the time I have room to attempt a 6H to keep May still, she's already at peak height and coming down fast with that damned anchor. 6P is useless unless you keep them still with YRC. Air to air, Venom gets killed because all of her air normals have ungodly hitboxes. I'd like to comment on ground game if she didn't spend 99% of her time jumping.

5D is "punishable" by 2S (good luck online), and dolphins "can" be hit by a preemptive 6P (again, good luck online). P ball set 6P BH works wonders when you have breathing room.

I have no idea how to deal with a may that just straight up refuses to play the ground game. Hell, I've never even seen one try to play a ground game.

Yeah mays have been known to mash j.hs and j.2h since the begining of time, and why not both moves are good and few characters have an answer to it. So since she is in the air alot, preemptive j.d can work in some cases and c.s and 6p and 6hs are your friends. I tend to just avoid dealing with j.hs altogether by being mobile on the ground (dashing, teleport ) . This is general advice though, i havent played any good mays but i should probably hit up mahouko for some matches

Unless j.HS or j.S is very deep, 6P beats all of her air normals except j.2HS.

For j.2HS, if you can tell which side it's going to be on as she does it, you probably have time to forward dash out of the way if it wouldn't put you straight in the corner (no room to move). You can also Blitz it easily. But you'll have to hold it otherwise.

If she's jumping straight towards you predictably, HS Carcass can put in the work.