Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Magaki

Elphelt vs Sol

Discuss the matchup here.

Summary

[collapse][/collapse]

Gameplan

Neutral game:
[collapse][/collapse]

Offense:
[collapse][/collapse]

Defense:
[collapse][/collapse]

Character Specifics

[collapse][/collapse]

ran a really long set the other night vs a sol i'd say is fairly decent.

As far as neutral goes, I feel all of her pokes work pretty well especially 2S, 5H, and 6H. Also cancelling gunflame with pineberry toss is pretty interesting tech. 5H seems to be a pain for Sol to deal with also, he does have the ability to Grand Viper under and low profile our bullets but YRC on reaction is too good and allows a free punish.

While on the offensive, I feel Sol doesn't have much of an answer aside from his miracle DP. Shotgun pressure in the corner feels free and forces him to commit to something super risky (or typical super jump away). His hurtbox isn't as janky as say Faust or Zato, so landing 214k > RC > 2H combos are a breeze. 

Playing defense I felt is where things get a little tricky. It could simply be my lack of experience with the matchup, but i feel if Sol gets that knockdown he is going to be mauling us for days! Majority of special moves are + on block and he can frame trap with gun flame and his stagger game is pretty good. Once he instills the fear in you he can cmnd throw you into major damage. If he gets greedy and goes for Bandit Bringer dont be afraid to pop some champagne or go for an air grab if you've got the reactions/reads. Unless you have some meter stashed for a DAA, prepare to be blocking for an extended period of time.

Thats all i've got for now, excuse me if i got all my info wrong and everything in this post is a lie lol, i'm a scrub  :cry: